Is this too much glue? Smelled strongly of paint as soon as I opened it. Halp please

Is this too much glue? Smelled strongly of paint as soon as I opened it. Halp please.

More images here: imgur.com/a/SxWmY

You opened it, then took numerous pictures of it not being open. Thanks.

you dont open a PSU, I meant unboxing it. Opening a PSU voids the warranty.

jesus christ you cant get anything done on this god forsaken website

huh?

why u so salty

>uploads shitty low rez images of unopened PSU
>expects people to know if it's defective based on that.

If you knew what was actually supposed to be INSIDE the PSU and have seen glue in it before, you would know if it's too much or not.

Its apparent you have no idea what you're doing with this. Your input is invalid.

If you're such an expert why do you need our help then?

Im not saying I am, thats why Im here. But youre not helping whatsoever. People that knew what was up could see if this was normal or not.

I'm here to tell you, based on my knowledge of PSU's, that the photos you took are too low res for me to tell if there's too much glue or not.

Is this better? Cant do too much better with my phone camera.

looks fine.

All the white is glue. It just seems excessive, my other PSU never had this much.

That's caulk, it's meant to be there to keep components in place and dampen noise. It's applied at the end of the processing line by a machine with a big squirt gun.

Yea, my question is, is it too much? Videos of this same PSU on youtube don't show nearly as much as this on it. Like this is a lot.

No, it's fine, too much isn't really a problem because it'll just raise the temp of a few of the components a little.

Your PSU has a 5 year warranty if I'm not mistaken. The caulk, AFAIK is made to withstand much greater heat than the PSU can give off, and discrepancies in amount can be expected. Usually more caulk is applied to PSU's when there is a greater demand for shock problems. I got all of this information from a 2 second google search btw.

Isn't that a problem though? Overheating PSU's can cause issues.

a little, a few degrees, near nothing.

That shit is basically to prevent the shit from moving about.
It's perfectly fine and usually dumped almost at random. Nothing to worry about.