Well now that the dust has settled, even ABSOLUTE applefags are returning the thing

Well now that the dust has settled, even ABSOLUTE applefags are returning the thing

youtube.com/watch?v=8zqwu3YbEZM

the effort the guy do to get his point accross and avoid getting impaled by apple cultists, is nothing short of remarkable

>complains about typing & keyboard
>can't even touchtype

loool

I know one hardcore apple fan ( he made his career on developing software and games for iOS)

he has absolutely every reason to shill Apple company as hard as he can

he has been using hackintosh for last 3 years

apple will be finished soon

>forcing 3rd parties to end this meme is a bad thing

this actually REALLY fucking good and not apples fault. They are putting and end to this by switching to one USB-C port only and everyone else has to follow suit.

Nobody wants these fucking 10 different I/O ports. Its fucking stupid. Merge it all into 1 and we enter a new age.

that xbox-hueg goober trackpad is hilarious. who thought that was a good idea? lmao

All I see is a laptop being able to handle more I/O than any other laptop. And Sup Forums is laughing at this? What the fuck happened to this board?

Simple,

Echochamber effect.

It's trivially easy to get karma points on Hacker News, Reddit, and Sup Forums (not points but social acceptance) if you hate the new MBP.

Just check HN / Reddit threads. Big cesspool of people agreeing with each other.

Kys. Why only one why not have 3 or 4 usb type c ports i dont understand. Pc Laptops never came out ith just one Usb 2.0 and 3.0 port. So why does apple feel like they are the sole pioneers of the tech industry

what's with that reddit spacing?

>being able to handle more I/O than any other laptop
By doing it in the most inconvenient way possible.

Very, very few people can deny the macbook 2016 is a piece of shit and only a sign that Apple doesn't care about computer users anymore. They just want cash at this point, they forgot the plot. Eventually they will hit a wall, when their prices are really high and even the most hardcore religious applefags decide not to buy their products.

I mean I legit wanted a macbook pro for a while but there is just no way I'm buying a newer one. I just want one that "just werks" like advertised and doesn't have stupid bullshit. And I know there are decent rMBPs you fucking memers, not everything Apple is wrong.

5 Dollars has been added to your Apple™ iTunes™ account

>Nobody wants these fucking 10 different I/O ports

Just off yourself if you please. I have not met a single person that said "ugh, that USB 3.0 port is too big, why is there an SD card slot? Why does this thing have an HDMI port? Yuck!".

All I see is a laptop that stops being good at its function when you need to connect anything that's not fucking soldered to the unit. Even to connect a fucking USB drive you need an adaptor.

>By doing it in the most inconvenient way possible.

So the most convenient way would be to have every known port on the machine instead of 4 high bandwidth universal ports? Are you mentally retarded or just underage? What's your solution?

A few basic ports for display, USB and network (optionally). That's it. There is literally no reason to try and move everything else onto a dongle and then panic when you need to do a presentation and realize that your useless macbook pro can't connect to an ancient VGA projector without that dongle you left at home.

>having single purpose ports on a portable device
>paying for shit you'll probably never use
>not embracing 1 cable to rule them all

How the fuck do you think we'll get to a 1 cable future? Do you expect there to be no transitional period? You think companies will make things there's no demand for?

>Even to connect a fucking USB drive you need an adaptor.

Factually incorrect. Jesus Christ. A 'technology' board really bashing USB-C, fucking wow. Isn't it nice to have peripherals that plug into your computer and USB-C Android phone with no adapters?

Oh alright, I guess I'll have to buy those and buy adaptors for literally every other piece of hardware I own so that USB drive isn't limited to work only on that.

>paying for shit you'll probably never use
anyone that owns a laptop will probably need a few USB devices. anyone that owns a laptop will probably need to connect to an external display (most probably a projector) once in their life.
There's a fucking reason why different ports for different functionalities have different shapes.

Is that a 17" Macbook from 2001?

this

Look at it this way, now he has a portable battery made my Nintendo for apple products.

An expensive one I might say.

This man has to be in his 40's and he can't touch type? Come on. I don't think this man's opinions on design flaws are worth much.

I dunno, typed it on mobile.

>I've written 20 books
>but I can't touch type
>let me reviews this expensive laptop
shit dude my almonds just got activated

It's a good idea on paper, but they NEEDED to keep legacy options.

usb type c is a good idea, having a monitor display with usb connections on the monitor, and also charges the laptop, all on 1 cable sounds fairly neat but having at least 1 usb type A connector wouldn't have hurt them too much and would have made the donglebook a bit less of a meme.

Push towards a new tech, don't just outright be the first to force people to use it when its still in early years.

Oldfag here. My experience with computers goes back to the early 1980's before Windows. In fact, I am proud to say that I pirated an alpha version of Windows on a dial-up modem from a BBS named P.I.T.S.

This generation, like all generations before, will come to learn the same truth about Apple. That is, you will come to learn through experience that their products are enormously over-priced and universally inferior. You will grow out of your Apple phase eventually and organically. We all have.

Will Type C connectors always be able to carry lightning and video and charge your laptop?

Seems to me like this will be way confusing. Where people don't know if their device even supports video without trying it.

This is pretty much those one-cable fags are failing to consider. With so many possible device combinations, the protocol is going to be a nightmare to deal with.

retard

> I guess I'll have to buy those and buy adaptors for literally every other piece of hardware I own so that USB drive isn't limited to work only on that.

Is it possible to be THIS fucking retarded? Do you not get the implication from the product named in the filename? DUAL

D
U
A
L

Drive? What do you think is hiding in the rest of that flash drive's housing? Jesus fuck, the anti-Apple frothing autists are some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered. The joke is, you think you're a smart person. Yet you have the technical understanding of a 50 year old housewife.

I saw an 8gb dual drive that cost as much as 16gb type-A drive.

not an argument

I wasn't talking about USB ports, retard. More like, you know, the ports people rarely use for average use. Like fucking VGA. I don't know why they were slapped on every average consumer laptop for so many years. I'd like modularity for a machine with limited space. Maybe I never use HDMI, or VGA. Maybe I have no use for an eSATA port. with a laptop that has USB-C I get to choose what I want.

What's even better is that my product will age well when all peripherals are USB-C by standard and YOU are the ones left using adapters for all your shit to work with new things. You ever think about that? You're the one who's going to have adapters soon, and you won't be using them for around a year like MacBook owners, you'll be using them until you upgrade your actual laptop.

>I wasn't talking about USB ports, retard
You were talking about USB-C you fucking retard. They're still usb ports
>Maybe I have no use for an eSATA port
That thing is so rarely used, you're literally grasping at straws just to try and prove a point.
>I'd like modularity for a machine with limited space
You have all the real-estate at the side of your laptop for at least one micro-HDMI and that adds almost nothing to cost. Every single other peripheral you're going to use is going to be USB. No point in arguing "muh modularity" if it's going to be something you're using anyways.

>all peripherals are USB-C by standard
When you have one standard for literally every single device out there, the protocol is going to become a nightmare to deal with. Idiot-proofing alone is going to be a monumental task.

>>I wasn't talking about USB ports, retard
>You were talking about USB-C you fucking retard.

Not in the context of useless ports, you fucking retard, that's what YOU foolishly thought I was talking about.

>>Maybe I have no use for an eSATA port
>That thing is so rarely used, you're literally grasping at straws just to try and prove a point.

>That thing is so rarely used

HURRRRR DURRRRRR

THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT

Fucking mongoloid.

>When you have one standard for literally every single device out there, the protocol is going to become a nightmare to deal with.

No it will not. It'll be the exact opposite. 1 cable, 1 protocol. I don't think you know shit about anything. Back to your GPU chart shitposting you little Sup Forums spillover teenager.

>apple cultists,
you mean macbook cultists

>no it will not
>what is switch-new macbook charging problem

the esata port isn't even fucking found on laptops, unless you're going for the high-end shit. At least provide a better example wherein it's a port that's never used but it's put into every single laptop out there.

>1 cable, 1 protocol
and that 1 protocol needs to be able to deal with every single device out there.
>I'm a poorly designed usb-c hub that wasn't made with monitors in mind, let's send 12v of power to the laptop's display input.

*monitor's display input

>I'm old but still stupid enough to believe that my experience accounts for all possible experiences
>My opinion is the right opinion

I'll take every I/O port I can get. What I don't want is a bunch of stupid dongles.

MACTODDLERS

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

no one. they're toying with people and seeing what retardation they can get away with and still have people line up and beg to pay for it