Password safety general

How do you remember your passwords

Other urls found in this thread:

keepassxc.org/docs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>maximum password size is 8 characters

You don't

Generate long random passwords with a password manager like KeePass

Don't ever use a cloud password manager service, or upload your keyfile to the cloud

kind of an advanced method but i just use the same password for as many sites as possible this way i can usually guess it

use the same password for everything even my credit cards

storename+machinenumber+something like an capital X or Z

alepankone02X

You can use a unicode character

I just use the samepassword for everything

>mfw 'pepethepeepee1337' hasn't failed me once

Reusing passwords when you don't use a password manager is a good thing. But you must make sure to make access tiers. Don't use the same password for a service and the email that's registered to the said service. If you do this someone who gains access to the service won't be able to compromise other services via your email. Especially necessary for your finanace management where you probably risk the most. Another added measure is not reuse passwords for similar services if they can be detected via same account name or email.

i use my brain like normal people

This, I have 1 password with 3 safety tiers, each one adds something to tier1, for example tier2 adds symbols and tier3 adds another word. Makes it easy to remember.

what about using a code book?

How does sync .kdbx between devices?

isnt keepass a botnet?

No that's last pass. Keepass stores file on your machine. No internet access required.

I use syncthing to keep my database up to date between devices.

No you dipshit
It's nowhere near botnet, it's the exact opposite of botnet

FUCK OF CIA I AM MR DAVIS

nice bait,
it is open source you can see the source. there are other implementations too keepassx and a console one

I think of a long phrase, not proverb
type it in my native language but with latin letters

it ends up something like that
gHjktntkb;ehfdkb25dsgfkbghjuyjps17

I use Lastpass, which encrypts my passwords before they are uploaded.

yes I can also encrypt your passwords with my public key before getting them from you

With my memory

Go ahead then. Get my passwords.

this

>unicode and control characters are allowed

id doesn't matter how long your password is, all hashes are almost equally hard to retrieve

I do something like this. Have been thinking of getting a password manager, don't know which one I should choose though.

keychain.

pass generate user/Sup Forums 32

I use Master Password. Everything else is trash.

I just remember them

KeepassXC
Pass
KeePassDroid

Characters from Evangelion, Detective conan and MLP

password manager.

whats the difference between Keepass X and XC?

You make a password and add certain codes to it. For websites it can be the first syllaby of that website.
Password123cha for example

Sup Forums never changes

You're a moron. Don't keep a list of your passwords, encrypted or not, on a machine connected to the internet.

>Why KeePassXC instead of KeePassX?
>KeePassX is an amazing password manager, but hasn't seen much active development for quite a while. Many good pull requests were never merged and the original project is missing some features which users can expect from a modern password manager. Hence, we decided to fork KeePassX to continue its development and provide you with everything you love about KeePassX plus many new features and bugfixes.
keepassxc.org/docs