Why would anyone buy Ryzen when you can get an Intel chip that performs better and is half the price

Why would anyone buy Ryzen when you can get an Intel chip that performs better and is half the price.

Nobody should buy Ryzen it's shit

Truth

Maybe because they do things other than game.

Like Photoshop?

No, not really. For me I want it for: CPU Blender render, C++ compilation and virtualization.

That's good, it's too bad you're a small niche market.

Curious, seen as all that matters to you shits is what's on top of your cherrypicked benchmark results, is the i7 6900K also a worthless chip nobody should ever buy?

>is the i7 6900K also a worthless chip nobody should ever buy?

It's even worse than Ryzen so yes

I get it, if results disagree with your opinion, you'll just dismiss it as niche as if that's actually an argument. You're a retard that's been shitting up this board for the past few weeks.

"muh niche" is not an argument you moron

Go ahead and explain how a CPU that is only good at rendering/encoding/similar is not a niche

The worst part about Ryzen is they marketed it as a mainstream CPU and it's a horrible value as a mainstream CPU

>they marketed it as a mainstream CPU
>LET'S IGNORE ALL THOSE HANDBRAKE CINEBENCH AND BLENDER BENCHMARKS THAT MADE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE OFFICIAL BENCHMARKS AND CONTINUE PULLING SHIT OUT OF MY ASS

>Go ahead and explain how a CPU that is only good at rendering/encoding/similar is not a niche
And that's not relevant to the argument

How is AMD going to survive making CPUs in a niche that nobody buys

>LET'S KEEP ON IGNORING ALL THOSE HANDBRAKE CINEBENCH AND BLENDER BENCHMARKS

>ONLY MY USE CASE IS IRRELEVANT, EVERY ONE ELSE'S USE CASE LITERALLY DOESN'T EXIST
>LET'S ALSO IGNORE THE SOON TO BE RELEASED R3 AND R5

>companies should not advertise their products to gamers unless they get literally the absolute best frame rates on the market, everything is trash
wew

Funny how every shill out there is pretending that people buy 8 cores for single threaded tasks.

Software development, the small niche nobody buys, you heard it here first boys.

Funny how every AMD shill thinks people spend all day encoding videos

dude, all you did over this week is convince me to buy 1700
Are you clever AMD shill?

>user posts a software compilation benchmark.
>"Funny how every AMD shill thinks people spend all day encoding videos"
Like uh, can you read?

>waaah b-but people buy 8 cores for single threaded tasks
Whatever helps you sleep at night

So you're saying almost nobody should buy Ryzen?

I would agree!

ryzen is a prosumer/workstation chip primarily. R5 will be the ones that compete with intel's consumer/gamer chips.

/thread

>muh single thread
>there are no real world multi threaded use cases
Funny how CPUs with >4 cores never bothered anyone before amd released something that can actually compete with x99 CPUs. People were saying quad cores were memes too during the core2 days and look how dual cores compare to quad cores these days.

Oh gosh I guess I'll buy Ryzen for my dedicated 7-zip machine

Lmao

Ryzen is such a joke

>AutoCAD
>2D

will you stop?

Does it make you mad how big a failure Ryzen is?

It's fucking hilarious desu senpai

>having to pad out your cherrypicked benchmarks with three separate Adobe products
wew

All mainstream apps run the same, very badly on Ryzen

the mistake you people are making is picking the wrong parts. a 1700 oc'd to 4.0 after wondows 10 fixes the microcode or whatever it is will kick ass for the money at most tasks. 8 broadwell equivalent cores at 4.0 for $330 is pretty awesome. amd should have binned the chips to an extreme extent where the 1800x runs at 4.0 on all cores all the time with under 120w. that way normies can get the good stuff without learning to overclock.

>every benchmark that shows me I'm wrong is irrelevant
It's funny how you are ignoring that the 1800x is supposed to compete with the 6900k. The unreleased quad cores are supposed to compete with intel's quads but you can keep ignoring that this chip is actually doing what it's supposed to do, shill.

Can someone explain why amd is always fucking with its customers?
>Releases Polaris Shitty low-mid end cards
>Pretends its great for "True PC gamers"
>Releases workstation CPUs
>Pretends its great for "True PC gamers"

Also "OC'ers dreams CPU/GPU" while barely having any room to OC.

>ITT someone who has never heard the quite in context

Joe was talking about the pcb at the time and he was accurate in what he said (look at buildzoid's breakdown of the pcb and vrm). The fury x pcb can take far more abuse than the chip is capable of delivering.

Still, lets not actual facts get in the way of shitposting.