Can Sup Forums show me a worse connector that this?

Can Sup Forums show me a worse connector that this?

It's so fucking rare and impossible to find a replacement in a pinch. Fuck every computer manufacturer that uses this shit.

Fire wire 400

but you can just use a regular micro usb cable and it'll work at 2.0 speeds

What the fuck is this? Looks like some Micro USB + something to get more power

It's usb 3.0

usb3 type b.

Micro USB 3

I got a couple that came with portable USB HDD enclosures. Also,

Yeah my toshiba 3TB external uses one.

what

>Can Sup Forums show me a worse connector that this?
yup

The Samsung S5 Neo has this connection

I always thought that micro usb could get to 3.0 speed. What about Type C?

Search for USB 3.0 Cable, Type A to Type B Micro, M / M.

At least that one isn't flimsy as fuck

that one comes with USB 3.0 enclosures.

that's fucking ancient. we're talking about shit still made today.

type c is a replacement for all of this faggotry.
USB was designed for low bandwidth service (printers, keyboards, mic, etc) whereas firewire was meant for high bandwidth (scanners, video, audio, etc). manufactures didn't want to shell out the licensing or hardware for FW so they got the USB group to make their silly little system faster. As a result you had this laggy, shitty API that's good enough running on a connector that a retarded monkey designed.
then they made mini-USB for phones and other small shit which every one hated because it was just as shitty as the larger ones, so they replaced that with microUSB, which was stupid but much better for phones and such. I won't even mention the half dozen or so proprietary variants that various camera companies tried (i'm looking at you, sony).
Eventualyl the reached a bottle neck with their shitty 4 pin connector because sit was never intended to be a high bw system. the USB3 connectors were the result. big, stupid, and rare.
USB type c is meant to change all of that and put basically everything on one reversible connector. USB, thunderbolt, DP, and networking (i think?) on one line.
of course apple fucked that up for a bit by bringing on dongle gate, but it's still a major improvment.

>that one comes with USB 3.0 enclosures.
yeah. a full 1.5' of it.

Freakin Linux com port connectors...

>of course apple fucked that up for a bit by bringing on dongle gate

apple just made type c quickly relevant

So Sup Forums.
How does it feel that Mobiles are dictating what port you have on your PC?
USB C is absurdly shit for a PC user. Small and flimsy. What was wrong with a USB A type upgraded to USB C. with lopsided cords. Strong USB A to plug into powerful PC, and a USB C to slip into razor thin phone.

FW 400 was ok; what sucked was Sony's "iLink" variant they made so they wouldn't have to license the connector.

It removed the power pins, and had a stupidly shaped connector that was easy to break.

It's a temporary thing, USB-C will replace it.

they should've left a couple type a ports for at least this year's model for transitional reasons.
there's no fucking way I'm buying a dongle for this
not to mention getting rid of the fucking magsafe power. that's just retarded.

I have have had 0 problems hooking up a regular micro cable to the device end.

no shit. it's designed to be backwards compatible. but you're suck with 2.0 speeds.

Just buy an Apple Magic Mouse 2 :^)

trackball > clit mouse > trackpad > touchscreen > normal mouse shit

0/10 bait made me reply.

So get a 3.0 cable, dipshit.

>temporary thing
yeah, but millions of devices have that shit. and once USB-C takes over, situation for these older USB connectors will become much worse.

God what a cancer port, got that from my SD adapter

Everyone and their mom was still using non-usb C type of connectors. Having at least 1 of those on your device would've been courtesy

They wanted to sell more peripherals (making some 300% profit with their dongles) under the guise of 'change' and 'innovation'

This fucking cancer.
Had a HDD enclosure with some critical things on it, that needed this and I spent hours looking for the cable. FUCK.

Yes I can show you the worst, most easily bent, dodgiest and most fuck ugly connector of all time
HDMI will always have a place in my heart for making this abomination obsolete

that was popular only in europe and africa.

we're talking shit still in use today.

>Had a HDD enclosure with some critical things on it, that needed this and I spent hours looking for the cable. FUCK.
Retard, you can plug in a regular USB 2 type B cable and it will work fine... albeit at USB2 speeds.

>bought external hdd at the time usb 3.0 came out
>mfw the notch in the cable is just a v shape pressed into the connector
>literally looks like it was made with a screwdriver and a hammer
>probably was

i was really feeling this feal a few days ago cause the seagate goflex connector is one of these.

luckily i had a flathead screwdriver so i could just destroy the case and plug the hdd into sata.

but still FUCK YOU FUCKING IM NOT SETTING ASIDE ONE OF THESE CABLES JUST FOR THIS. I just wont buy your product

There's nothing wrong with SCART as long as you don't buy the ultra-cheap cables. Professional grade SCARTs have about twice as thick metal and are ridiculously sturdy.

It's a Samsung phone connector.

I can't fucking wait until everything uses USB C
If Apple puts type C on the next iPhone then I will sing their praises because that means that everyone will have to accept it sooner than later
But it's Apple so of course they'll fuck it up

>It's so fucking rare and impossible to find a replacement in a pinch.
What, you too fat to get to Walmart?

They stopped using that autistic shit now. At least you can use a mico on it.

Did you know on ports like this, the big end it a micro usb and the separate smaller bit is additional usb 3 lines. ex-Samsung Galaxy S5 owner who lost the official cable within a few days speaking.

They won't do it. There's too much money to be had milking sheep for needlessly proprietary cables, and the lightning shit is already reversible.

>dongle gate

There was another dongle gate before apple decided wisely to switch to USB C for everything, and it got everyone involved fired.

Magsafe USBC exists.

Reminds me of the struggles to reach round the CRT monitor and connecting it blind to get my N64/PS1/other faggot machine working on my family television when they werent watching their talking pictures.

*blocks your path*

Fuck this shit

*unsheathes usb 3.0 pcie card*
nothin personnel kid

why would you use a cable that doesnt have data capabilities?

Charging in a car/Travel-charger.

It's a charger.

But it's not about the cable, it's the connector. Shit was flimsy even when the device is new. When the copper get rusted and/or the charging port.get loose, charging or transferring stuff to/from yo phone is going to be a pain. It's not uncommon for people to tie their phone with a rubber band when charging them phone

good pint, I actually have a salvaged usb mini cable sitting here that is wired for power only and I still didnt think of that.

Still, I prefer to have a pile of usb cables that will work for all purpuses sitting here that I can plug into anything including usb ports in the car, for whatever purpose including charging.

>rubberband
I have to do that with the rpie because shit usb micro always breaks in every way imaginable.
The retaining pins always wear out, and then the tip will later break off and short out. Ive actually been burned by a usb micro plug that was shorting out.

What the fuck is even that thing

Fucking Sony Ericsson

I hate when that thing breaks. Replacement when

Got one right here xD
8=====D

SHART-SCART. Its like HDMI but used in India.

Thats the only kind of cord I have senpai.

Why it's not called SCAT then

Or you could just take off the battery and charge it with this

It's not that hard

SCART was good in theory, and mostly in theory.

In clapistan, we had RF, chroma, s-video, and other connectors competing for either other until HDMI finally came along and steamrolled them all.

Mini USB port on mobile phone is perfect. Don't know why they abandon it for micro USB but I can still find peace with that

Then came along the shitter that is USB type C. It's not even an industrial standard. It's just some proprietary stuff shoved upon industry player and eventually, the masses

>usb c is proprietary
Sup Forums out does itself everyday in ignorance. bravo.

They are so damn easy to replace and fix, and they are ridiculously cheap, and easy to find.
You just need to spend like $10 on a crimping tool, and maybe another $10 on the connectors and boots, and you can make/fix dozens of cables.

>an Universal Serial Bus is proprietary

DESIGNATED

I hated that thing, but I loved the phone and the weird spoiler antenna it had.

Nigga I aint gonna touch that shit with 10 foot pole

Guess the Cable!

Without using Reverse Image Search.

>It's so fucking rare and impossible to find a replacement in a pinch
Just use a micro USB 2.0 cable then, retard

mouse>clit>trackball>touch>trackpad

Firewire 355.64388

I know its firewire not sure what version

Not even close boys!

This thing did 1080p 60hz while most TVs only had composite video. I've had SCART to composite video adapters die, but never a cable and and the rare port.

lmao thats a gameboy link cable bruh

>SCART
>anything over 480p
What? Anyway it's still much better than what murricans had

GBA link cable

SCART had YCbCr connections, (along with all the other connections for every other AV standard...), if the devices support it then it could do component 1080p fine

My 2002 RCA tv had SCART, no real reason to use it because was already using YPbPr on my OG Xbox

Forgot to say I'm in america

No it doesn't. The original S5 has this connection. It was so poorly received that Samsung switched to a regular MicroUSB 2.0 port on the Neo.

Lived in the UK for 4 years, moving around every 3-5 months and this fucking thing was the bane of my existence. I swear I must have dropped a few hundred quid replacing these fucking things because they'd either get bent all to hell in removing, packing or reconnecting. Glad to see they're pretty much obsolete now.

You guys know that you can just plug a normal micro USB into the micro USB part of it right? Is it hard to find a micro connector?

>Can Sup Forums show me a worse connector that this?
Try your asshole. wtf? has this entire fucking board gone to brainless shit?

>Fire wire 400
Point made.

Had to restore some old macs, three days to find a FW400 cable.

Needed Firewire just to restore Macs?

FW400's connector was perfectly fine.

How the fuck did people manage to do that? Mine never broke but I've seen tons of ones which were literally missing parts of the connector

The brainlet Sup Forumstards have been here for some time now

It's bullshit, USBC is going to start many fires as people plug cheap Chinese shit into their computers and phones.

Not to mention the uninformed public not knowing what each USB-C port can do, can it do video? can it do thunderbolt?
Connector is universal but not the function, at least with all the separate connectors for everything people know exactly what each of them does

Firewire:peer to peer connection. So you could transfer files from one macs to another using that wire

Back in high school we got a brandnew projector with HDMI for our classroom. Not even 2 weeks in and some girl jams the HDMI cable that goes through the wall to the projector into a wrong port, breaking the connector. I still dont know how she managed to do it, but she did it.

At least people wont be able to plug anything in wrongly and it'll be up to the device to work.

In the USA only weebs and foreigners know about this thing.