/monitor/

My Qnix QX2710 died two weeks ago.

Seriously contemplating getting the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q.

Thoughts ?

I've read about basically needing to win a lottery to get one without dead pixels, BLB, or with no screen uniformity issues.

My Qnix had no uniformity issues, dead pixels, but it did suffer from things (hair/dirt) appearing in the screen 2 years after I got it.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160298&cm_re=aoc_1440p-_-24-160-298-_-Product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Consider a Korean monitor, not kidding. Seriously.

But if you REALLY need that gamer aesthetic then get the ROG

That's what the Qnix is, the most popular one.

The Korean fad is over, they're all A- panels and they served their purpose and main brands have released what they have over 3 years because of those.

I want the ROG Swift due to; warranty, overall quality, stand, no dust/hair issues, guaranteed 144hz, G-Sync, lowest amount of input lag seen on an IPS display (even beats the QniX which was the previous lowest at 1-3ms depending on refreshrate). Slim panel is nice but not a deal breaker.

Out of the 3 gsync monitors out there with this panel, it's by far the shittiest one, AND it's the most expensive. ASUS forums and Amazon reviews are full of people with buyer's remorse about it (and that's without the dozens of threads ASUS mods deleted in full damage control mode).
Get the Acer or the AOC.

But AUO is the only one making 144hz 27" IPS panels, so they all have the issue.

This one ?

newegg. com /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824106004

I might just go and get what my Qnix offered from a main brand, any recommendations ?

Why would you replace one piece of shit with another?

Get a nice LG or Samsung or if you're feeling really rich get a 4K Eizo wide screen. Use it for ten years then hand it down to someone else for another ten years.

Problem solved.

Why would you replace one piece of shit with another?

Get a nice LG or Samsung or Eizo. Use it for ten years then hand it down to someone else for another ten years.

Problem solved.

Buy it on a reputable site like amazon and if it's shit return it.

QC problems seems to have been reduced quite a bit compared to launch. Acer and a few other brands use the same AHVA panel and all of them have bad units from time to time.

Personally I own the Asus and it's flawless for what it is. Newer panels do 165Hz easily as opposed to the older panels which do 165Hz but with higher lag.

Yes, it's a lottery, but the company's QC determines the prize pool in the first place. If a company lets even really shitty panels reach retail, then there's more poor bastards RMAing and more people who receive the RMA'd shit.
For example Eizo uses the same panel in their freesync monitor and the issues with that one are minimal, but it also cost almost twice as much as the other ones. Take a guess as to why.

Yes, or this one.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160298&cm_re=aoc_1440p-_-24-160-298-_-Product

I'm seriously now thinking about just replacing the Qnix with a main brand and passing on gsync+144hz since I can get one for half the price and likely without color/screen issues.

I see many available, just have to research input lag and any issues they may have.

>For example Eizo uses the same panel in their freesync monitor and the issues with that one are minimal

That's not true, there are less buyers of the Eizo because of the price so issues seem like they're lesser. You can see some of the typical issues on amazon reviews.

AHVA has always been a lottery, Eizo is just doing its Eizo tax as usual.

Are you sure you don't need to just replace the power adapter?

Quality control has value. Eizo demands premium quality and lets "gamer" brands sell cheap shit to cheap asses like OP who then complain about light bleed, dead pixels, and what ever else. They pick and choose the best panels which causes increased cost which they then transfer to the customer. Which is why you're buying a higher quality screen then what ever cheap shit Asus vomits out in red color schemes.

And yet Eizo has had QC issues with their AHVA units.

Must be really fun with that Eizo dick up your ass.

Oh no, entry level shit sold to broke basic bitches pretending to be professionals not having as many problems as that asus garbage really chaps my hyde.

If it's a problem Eizo replaces it no questions asked after a six month period.

I guess you're just used to settling for inferior quality.

MOSFET blew and fried half the board, same MOSFEt isn't available, new one is, but I'd have to do all kinds of trickery to bypass dead circuits.

That's what's been going on with these displays, we knew they wouldn't last.

>pretending to be professionals
I only play video games, and I'm sure those who buy gamer panels are doing the same.

Why even deal with Eizo when you can deal with Amazon's lenient return policy?

The Eizo panel is overpriced, has been shown to have QC issues and it's not even G-SYNC. The majority of high end gamers use Nvidia cards.

There is literally no reason to get one.

Can I get real recommendations for 1440p 27" IPS display, Gsync and 144hz just aren't worth it for the panels that offer it.

Needs low input lag too.

i was in the same boat a few weeks ago, decided to just buy another korean monitor for $180 and overclocked it to 100hz instead of spending $400+ on a 144hz IPS from an american brand. If this one lasts me a couple years it will be worth it, upgrade when we have fluid pixels or lazer monitors or some shit

they're 180 now ?

I heard they changed, which model did you buy, was it using a bypass board ?

I don't see anymore of the PLS panel Qnix's, they're all AH VA now.

newegg com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH1U38315&cm_re=qnix-_-9SIA4JH1U38315-_-Product

I have the money right now and I can't use paypal like I did with the first, so this may be a smart choice.

I wonder if the ones left are the shitty ones no one wanted since these aren't made anymore ?

That one was off-grade

Here's a PLS non-offgrade for $260

www.newegg. com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH3Y42877&cm_re=qnix-_-9SIA4JH3Y42877-_-Product

BenQ or bust.

the benQ displays are ass with horrible input lag

might have been a sale on ebay, was actually 189

newegg. com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH3Y42877&cm_re=qnix-_-9SIA4JH3Y42877-_-Product

Claims this "If you use a cable converter or gender such as a DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect your PC with the monitor, the monitor may not be able to output images at all (or output images at a bad quality). You should use a direct cable such as a DVI-to-DVI cable".

I lost my DL-DVI port when I got a 980 Ti via RMA a few weeks before the monitor died, and I'm using a DP to HDMI cable to connect to a TV for media, so why would using a DL-DVI to DP cable be an issue ?

>BenQ
>Input lag

i think we're talking about different monitors here

You clearly haven't seen any of the real tests, BenQ has some of the worst, including that super common 27" 1440p IPS one with 18ms of total input lag, that's more than 1 frame and is considered unacceptable for gaming, especiall with displays offering 1-3ms in the same price range.

BenQ GW2765HT is the popular one, and it has bad input lag.

www. tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2765ht.htm#lag