Steal an iOS phone

>Steal an iOS phone
>Unable to get past the iCloud lock, return the phone jamal

>Steal an android phone
>Tons of workarounds for the google cloud lock, some as simple as disconnecting wifi during login
>if ADB is enabled as many of you autists do you can literally just fuck the phone with a USB cable
Remind me why Android is considered secure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ob_SIh_7YDk
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_13205587.html
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_11629096.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Remind me why Android is considered secure
who says

Why would you put all your data on an insecure phone?

By even using and shilling for it like people do on Sup Forums you're making the unstated implication it's secure and trustworthy

the solution here is to not treat your phone as a device you keep a lot of data on. You treat it as a device that might be stolen, lost, or broken at any time, so you don't depend on it.

But I'm not stupid and don't put any sensitive information on my phone. I don't use android cause I think it's secure, I use it because I can customize it.

>encrypt phone
OP BTFO

That's a very nice dog.

ferrets are the best dogs
youtube.com/watch?v=ob_SIh_7YDk

You're missing the fucking point. Nobody targets shit they know will be useless the moment they swipe it off you. At most they could sell spare parts, but that's nothing like selling an actual phone and basically a waste of time.

Probably should have worded your OP a little better if you didn't want an honest answer.

I'm not OP. Why doesn't every board have IDs? The fuck, mook?

:thinking:

>Some Nigger trying to steal my goyphone
>Pull out my .45 niggerblaster and he turns around faster than i can cock it

>Users who disable security on their phones have unsecure phones!

we should have inter-board IDs! that you can pick for yourself, and they would be password protected. and we could get rid of names and tripcodes and just use IDs!

great ID user XD :^)

>tfw encrypted phone + adb disabled + apm + disabled quick menu and tasker tracking the phone's location
what now fagboi

You drumpfsters are disgusting, you think you can solve everything with violence, you litteraly support murder, its like a black persons life is worth less then some materialistic thing like a phone. Just kys, you're on the wrong side of history.

>be itoddler
>hand over phone to thieving nigger and bend over too

>be normal (android owner)
>shoot nigger for getting within 5 feet of you

The Google Cloud Lock is security, dumbass

Because physical security is meaningless. If the phone has been stolen, you're still down several hundred dollars, regardless of whether or not the thief is able to do anything with the phone.

When we talk about security, a more important question to ask is what someone can do without physical access to the phone, assuming the phone is running the latest version of the OS. For iOS, it seems that the answer is "take over the kernel with a heap overflow exploit"

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_13205587.html

For Android, there's a lot less exploits that still affect the latest version of the OS.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_11629096.html

You'll note that there are some remote access vulnerabilities (iOS has some too), but none which allow you to fuck the kernel.

I open the fastboot menu and wipe the phone

true but you still don't get muh hentais

>Android literally has a button input allowing you to enter recovery and use ADB commands and wipe the phone anyways

>All your passwords don't do shit

The point of the password is to protect your data from being stolen, not to prevent execution of code on a phone that is no longer in your possession.

>iOS can't be customized meme

if your phone isn't encrypted and just has a password lock (Which is likely because encrypting your phone slows it down noticably) you can just wipe the phone and run data recovery because it doesn't actually delete the data

>buttflustered nigger because he can't get away with being a nigger

Fuck off

Don't even lock phone :^)

My phone has 10 billion long password, finger print reader and if you fail to enter it 10 times it blows up, can your iPhone do that?

I really don't see where is that customizing bulshit on androids such a thing, all I see is people using fucking stupid useless widgets floating on the screen. I see no advantage on that stupidity.

Dude, why you still have an Note 7?

>has to jailbreak
>warranty void
>next iOS update ruins the jailbreak
Yep iOS is pretty customizable.

Listen dude, this is the internet. Right wingers are probably the dumbest species on planet Earth. Either way though, this is Sup Forums, a place for the most repugnant souls to discuss whatever they want without anonymously and with no repercussions.

>Y-youre missing the point!
>Niggers care about what phone they steal besides how much it's worth
>B-b-but who wants to bother encrypting? YOURE MISSING THE POINT.
Phone gets stolen either way, whether they can get in or not

Your warranty is void if you root a majority of android phones. And Apple generally doesn't care and replaces either way.

btw how's xposed for N coming along?

reddit.com

>you need xposed to customize android

How's the jailbreak coming along for iOS 10.2.1/iOS 3?

Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you go outside of Sup Forums?

>he thinks changing his launcher is customization

Jailbreak for 10 has been around for a bit including the 7 using Yalu and some others.

>Unable to get past the iCloud lock
Then they pull a gun on you and force you to unlock it and remove it from icloud.

>black persons
>Black
>People

>he thinks moving around icons and changing his wallpaper is customization.

That's until they stop signing the older iOS.

When they stop signing the version it simply means you can't downgrade anymore.

Sure the trump supporters who are the violent people.

M80, just because ADB is enabled doesn't mean you'll get past the lock screen. With an encrypted drive, you won't be able to access the data or install any new shit on it without wiping everything first.

Oh shieeet, now Jamal will be able to recover all of my encrypted data. Fuck.

Options > security > encryption
It is enabled by default on my phone. Runs smooth for a 250€ phone. Way better than my Galaxy S4.

Nobody cares. I WANT to be able to reset my phone if I ever break it, break the screen, or forget my lock password. I don't want to rely on 3rd parties or pay anyone to do something as simple as recovering a phone.
If your phone gets stolen it's gone forever either way. You can't do shit about it. And you can definitely protect your Android much better than an iPhone if you ever wanted to, since nobody does this it's obvious that people just don't care. So why is being insecure out of the box a flaw when no shit is given? Sure your phone can be tracked and found but it's as simple as removing or draining it's battery and putting it in an aluminum foil in a basement to prevent it from being found.

Because, OP:

Jamal doesn't steal your phone so he can hack into it and see that you have pictures of a $90,000 signed Les Paul Guitar sitting in your garage, and your address stored in your notepad app.
Jamal steals your phone so he can make $200 selling it to "Goldstein's Pawn and Jewlery" or $300 on ebay if he gives it to his sister's friend Anthony, who actually sold it for $500 after buying a $20 box and saying it's refurbished new, and kept the rest.

The second Jamal sees a password, and can't figure it out, he just goes and sells it. Even if Jamal gets in the phone because you don't lock it, yeah, he could maybe find where you live by going through the location history if it's turned on and rob your house. But every scumbag thief friend I had in college usually just used to turn the phone off the second they got it, because they didn't "want to get it tracked and get in trouble before they could sell it". Not leave it on and available for someone to lock or track.

As far as a phone being "secure against enemies of your privacy and freedoms!" they'll get that information from your Cellular Provider, account host, and you after they detain you for 72 hours with no cause given.

Android supports full disk encryption. You can prevent access to your data. You cannot prevent installation of a custom bootloader to wipe the disk. Data recovery will not work with encrypted data.

Yeah I never heard this either. Even special security-hardened Android distros are vulnerable to attack if you have the physical phone.

It actually works now on nougat

>We were th ones rioting and looting stores in cities across the US for 3 weeks over the results of a fair election
>. Right wingers are probably the dumbest species on planet Earth
>Said the faggots who think women's rights and Islam are compatible in any sense and think more gov't will solve the problems caused by large gov't

Back to /leddit/ faggots

not an argument

>you think you can solve everything with violence

He did solve the problem though ;^)

This. My phone is full of Sup Forums nigger memes and redpills. Any nigger that steals my phone is fucked, and so are any niggers around them. Picture an ant taking insecticide bait back to its hive.

>a fucking leaf

You've obviously never used abd because you'd know that you need to verify the connection to a new PC and you can't do that of the phone is locked.

Locked IOS devices are bricked and wortless to sell, people will pay only for the parts, so thiefs are less tempted for steal it.

Different from androids.

>>Unable to get past the iCloud lock, return the phone jamal

Icloud lock is your email and password for your apple id. If you don't have Two-Factor Authentication, they can easily reverse engineer your information.

Jamal couldn't steal your Iphone or your account, but the Chinese could. Also Jamal could your wipe data you don't back it up.

You don't need root to custom android Phone, your dumbass.

Has a nougat compatible version of xposed been released?

>you pull a weapon to defend yourself against a bandit
>b-but that means you support murder!
It's like a nigger should never get even a black eye if he tries to rob somebody.