Consumerism on Sup Forums is cancer

This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.

He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think owning technology makes them literate.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/3754/a-new-30-contender-hp-zr30w-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude's using a $2000 monitor and you're shitposting about people here buying two $150 monitors

he keeps his phone in his pocket

disclaimer: i'm a janitor @ google

What monitor is it?

Looks like he has Bose headphones. What a fucking consumerist.

He also uses Ubuntu with Unity, Google Chrome and Emacs. Owns a big nose, too.

>expensive monitor
>niche keyboard
>gaming mouse
You have to go back kid

maybe he knows how to hide his power level and is actually a giga weeaboo when he gets home huh ever thought about that faggot

Doubt it is. But ff true, makes the point only more valid. Consumers wants the most worthless tech at the cheapest prices; instead of saving up those $300 and getting a real monitor, they waste them on trash right away.
Professionals, on the other hand, invest in singular elements worthwhile to their productivity.
Nice fallacy. And he got them for Christmas, so why not use them? Unlike the worthless consumers at /hpg/, he doesn't care about FLAC placebo.

my god i instantly noticed mx518, the god of mouses back when i played counter strike 1.6 in highschool

Sup Forums isn't a computer science programming board, dumdum.
printf(System.out.println("ITS AN ANIME BOARD\n"));

i want his terminal colorscheme desu

>He literally made Google what it is today
A steaming pile of shit?

anandtech.com/show/3754/a-new-30-contender-hp-zr30w-review

Only $1300 back in 2010.

r8 his haircut though.

This man is a true genius and the most valuable President of the USA. He's like a God at America and not even Congress would go against him. He literally made Trump Inc what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important property deals. He's worth billions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have a cumstained used thinkpad he found in the dumpster behind Fedex's corporate office.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme thinkpad keyboard with some special nipple forged by chinese children at the Lenovo factory.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic OS like Windows or Linux that demands you babysit it all the time.

He doesn't have dozens of anime girl stickers on his computer like you see all the time on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he leads the free world and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous desktop/screenfetch/speccy/battlestation/etc threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than script kiddies who think following a youtube guide on how to install gentoo on a thinkpad makes them literate.

>Only $1300

cheap compared to high end eizos/necs

Your penis is cheap compared to your gf's $100 vibrator, but she still prefers the vibrator because it gets the job done better.

But is he using a Thinkpad?
>This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer.
That's not moot

I had one, amazing monitor for productivity

Anybody with multiple monitors should switch to a single large one and get some decent software like displayfusion and build a layout that actually helps your workflow.

had?

>you can't do X because this guy does not do X
Just ban consumerism and tech support threads

is that a logitech g5

I've been considering it. My business has gotten fucking hectic, already raised $20000 in 7 days. I have a triple monitor setup but with all the money rolling in now, I'm thinking of getting a single (or dual) curved monitor.

Nice copypasta.

>He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

yeah, he just has bullshit meme ergonomic keyboard folded thousand times by pajeets from microsoft to provide most memetic shape which is supposed to give you perfect hand health

why would say such a thing? don't you have any manners?

what business

Nice appeal to authority. You use what you want faggot.

You seem mad

>the most valuable Google engineer.
if that's really moot then holy h*ck time hasn't been kind to him since selling Sup Forums

I see two monitors at his desk.

>being smart is a fallacy

>He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

That's nothing out of the ordinary. Every person at my workplace uses the default theme as well.

also he has nice jaw, looks really good for high level comp sci

Not only smart but also aesthetic and attractive. Some people were truly lucky on genes lottery

>Dean and his wife, Heidi Hopper, started the Hopper-Dean Foundation and began making philanthropic grants in 2011. In 2016, the Foundation gave $1 million to MIT to support programs that promote diversity in STEM

>16:10 monitor
That's why he's so productive.

Pic does not represent op's words.

I'm still using a ZR30W right now.
Maybe I'll upgrade when 4K 144Hz freesync monitors are available. Though I can't say I like moving away from 16:10.

How do you know that he got them for Christmas?

Is that a pic of yourself, user?

EXCELLENT

Ergonomics are not a pseudoscience.

I think I'm gonna go out and buy an iphone sheerly out of spite for this post and you.

damn I just noticed it, its the same keyboard i have

You're right consumerism is cancer. Everyone should strive to own only the things that are important to them. Things that they use very often and that bring them long term happiness.

Huh, well you've convinced me, macfag. If I ever overcome my autistic fear of people and do something with my electrical/renewable energy technologies training, I'll be sure to eventually give Apple a try and get a 32" 64K iMac for comfy times jacking off wearing socks and sissy panties.

I love this thread. Everytime someone posts it the arguments gets btfo.

My favourite is that he doesn't have a tricked out text-editor with a million different colours.

And he uses EMACS. With non-standard colours. And by the placement of his pinkie, I bet his caps-lock is a ctrl key.

then you'd just be mad when someone decided something you don't like was important to them to have.

Al Gore 2007

OP BTFO
>moving goalposts
"B-but it's n-not consumerism if he is buying things nobody else can afford!"

Why would that make someone mad. People can make their own decisions. Something that may be important to me may not be important for someone else. For example a photographer might find cameras and related equipment to be important but of course many others might not.

Medvedev

>people getting upset how other people spend their money.

This is the true cancer.

Gee Dmitry, why does your mother give you two mice?

Tattoos and vaping are fucking cancer. I don't give a shit about anything else.

Paul Allen

That office is TITS. TFW I'll never be as rich as him.