/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

:^) edition

Previous Thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a Question>
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff read & post in these generals.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5vd4aa/notwhatcd_opens_up_official_recruitment/
imgur.com/3uuYhf9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not :o) edition

Who is recruiting for BTN these days?

One of the FEW TIMES that there is ACTUALLY NEWS you post a SHIT OP with A CARAT NOSE and NO NEWS

cia niggers out

myr

FUCK YOUUUUUU

Make every FLAC upload require a picture proof with timestamps that you own the cd and ripped it yourself.

Genital pics alongside the CD will likely be the future requirement in determining possession of the album.

Why don't we require lineage for encodes? How am I supposed to know if this is actually a bluray or not?

should have been based NWCD edition

RIP EAC 2000-2017
EAC spent its whole life ripping - now RIP EAC.

This was going to be a blog post but EAC deserves at least an announcement…

The EAC verification method is outdated and compromised. Malicious users can append valid checksums to tampered logfiles. Unfortunately, this technique is already being exploiting across other trackers. We sincerely hope our members have enough sense to not attempt to modify log files as it will result in a permanent ban. We hope our users have accumulated enough buffer through the freeleeches and uploads without having to resort to the method described above. We do not believe our users would waste their time attempting to modify logs to gain buffer. We believe our community is just as dedicated to quality control as our staff.

The typical scenario of how this technique is used: a 0.99 is spoofed to look like a 1.0 with an appropriately generated checksum passing the logchecker as 100% verified. This does not mean they are transcodes, it simply means we can no longer verify the authenticity of any EAC Log (XLD is fine for now) but we trust you to make NWCD a treasure of correct metadata especially with our new release lineage feature.

EAC is still an option at this time for uploading as we trust our userbase to not forge logs.

All unverified torrents are currently NOT trumpable and we will let the community know when the trumping will begin. We are implementing our solution in the next FLAC FIRST milestone - more on this to come soon.
The verification system has run through all the old logs and is instantly verifying all new uploads.

worst OP yet

forgot to

fucking nigger, go to reddit and create your shit OPs

epick

so how do NWCD invites work? Recruiter -> Referral -> Interview?

So what I have to do is download a ton of music torrents over the course of a month to gain their trust? I have to keep doing this up the food chain so I can get invited to the game tracker site?
I suppose this really throws off those copyright assholes.

First you need to get into RED ('study' for the interview - it's not hard, most of it is easy to understand, and the site explains everything perfectly well, so it'll maybe take an hour or two to study then another hour to answer the interview)
To get your GGn invite from there, the only requirements are:
Requirements - Been here at least 2 weeks, has uploaded at least 5 torrents and 25 GB, ratio above 1.05.
Which is extremely easy for anyone who knows what they're doing but as a new user it might take you more time

It's more about uploading. I don't know how much you know about torrents from public sites, but you want to always be seeding torrents that are commonly downloaded. On the music site, it's kind of tough to work your way up right now. The other route user mentioned, MaM to TC to GGn, requires more time but less effort.

We/ASTOST/ nao

This isn't 24 bit is it

>using the smiley with a carat nose
>using a pixelated picture of the smiley with a carat nose

I guess I did good to focus some of my effort into NWCD.

Good alternatives to BTN and PTP?

Based NWCD.

You were right, I feel bamboozled

none

going higher up than both - HDB
same for movies, worse for TV - AHD
going lower down:
for movies - TehC, x264
for TV - MTV, TvT/freshon, TtN

also lower, and more general trackers - pixelhd, ipt, scc, bB, etc.

HDB
or did you mean lesser alternatives

The more I read about this, the more autistic the staff members seem. You can't say anything confrontational to any of them and they get to know you completely because interviews take that long right? That means you can only have one account your whole life unless you're really good at lying.

Nobody knows you on a personal level. Staff know your IP, email address, and whether or not you are technically capable or not of being on a tracker through the interview. It's not a personal interview.
You only need one account anyway - accounts are easy to maintain and the only chance of getting banned is through sheer autism like invite trading or ratio cheating

>Autistic staff
Most places, yeah. Especially RED.
>Can't say anything confrontational
Pretty much
>They get to know you
No, you answer yes/no A/B
>One account your whole life
Yeah but you have to go out of your way to lose it

Sounds like neogaf registration buy harsher.

Starting with Red has a very good chance of putting you off of trying to get into trackers.

if eac is so shit, why don't we move to one of the other rippers that can't be fucked with?

wew

What do I download on Stardust to get a good ratio?

Cocaine

Zed's best attempt trying to put the fear of god into users with FUD. As long as someone is not an idiot when editing logs, the edited log would be indistinguishable from a legit log.

Red honeypot confirmed.

>posting screenshotted reddit faggotry

every_day_we_stray_farther_from_god.png

Nice Try

What does that say about tracker sysops posting on leddit?

>OT is said to be "the /ptg/ tracker/
>spaghetti posts on reddit all the time

Really makes me think

Is spaghetti our boy?

fuck off spaghetti!

yes!

stats

more stats

>bandcamp uploads are starting to slow down

RED gonna hit 1 million torrents soon, wasn't what.cd at like 9 million or something?

no, they were almost at 3

pooloo staff are subhuman

apl_pizzagate.jpg

Yes.

What does Kyle have to say on this matter?

fuck you

is kyle demonotaku

why is ptg still talking about him, didnt he just shit talk PTH on reddit or something?

He's been a meme on ptg for like 4 months now.

/ptg/ is super tsundere for demonotaku

/ptg/ is stagnant and can't move on, what else is new? TARS is still in the wiki for g*d's sake

it's a really boring time for private trackers, I miss some good drama

NWCD's only mistake was being too slow in getting the engine running after WCD's demise. RED's staff haven't got a clue how to run a tracker. Can someone copy and paste all of RED's torrents to NWCD?

What happens here?
I don't see IDs, what happens with samefagging and so forth?
You guys make money out of the tracker business?

>NWCD still not recruiting anywhere
Nothing but empty promises

to be fair, what.cd going down was a tracker drama gold mine. We're just going through a little withdrawal.

If I wasn't on what and am only PU on RED, is there any way into notwhat? I've heard they have interviews, can I take that?

they're on apollo, user

no, nwcd is for patricians only

Are you redarded?
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5vd4aa/notwhatcd_opens_up_official_recruitment/

Just join their IRC user... They have a link to it on their page, that's how I got in.

NWCD doesnt do invites or direct recruitment. it's a referral system, not an interview like red or apollo (much much faster)

Are you? That post is exactly what I mean by empty promises, they announced that 19 days ago yet there isn't an official recruitment thread anywhere. I know they invite on their IRC.

NWCD is fucking based

If you're not on it right now you better fucking get your business together

NWCD have an unlimited invites thread on HDB.

So glad to be on NWCD!

>isn't an official recruitment thread anywhere

There's one on APOLLO.RIP you stupid cuck

imgur.com/3uuYhf9

NWCD Recruitment. How do we encourage mass migration since RED has lost the plot and Apollo is Apollo.

I uploaded several faked logs last week on RED and they all scored 100%. My account is fine too.

>Encourage mass migration
You don't. You let the people seeking quality find their way in. This isn't india.

Will RED have another freeleech ever again? I want to get to PU.

fuck pth

get on nwcd

So what exactly qualifies as a large upload on OT?

probably, why didn't you get upload during any of the previous sitewide freeleech or staff picks?

>t. fidelflacstro

Because I got in recently, fml.

why did you just get in recently? What.cd has been gone for 4 months.

what a shite post

I hope this EAC debacle kills PTH for good.

Me too, friend!

Fuck those elitist cucks

t. street shitters

Because I'm retarded.

Can someone explain the thread?
What you guys do and so forth.
t. Not FBI/CIA

t. buttblasted tracker "royalty"

>spaghetti posts on reddit all the time
I do not. Just occasionally and only ever to fuck with someone or to shit on people

Then Redtarded is perfect for you!

post feet please

I can't wait for PTP to get raided by authorities and the guys in the post your pic thread get arrested.