So how's windows 7 holding up in 2017 Sup Forums?

So how's windows 7 holding up in 2017 Sup Forums?

I want to install it but i heard it wont update anymore. Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

wu.krelay.de/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who the fuck needs updates??

It gets updates, they're just downloaded slower. You should just install anti beacon and prevent updates anyway. I use it in addition to Ubuntu, and it's just as good as it was years ago, assuming you don't get a meme edition (home). You will actually have no problems using it once you install the necessary drivers for your GPU and ethernet (since w7 comes with no drivers). But this is simple download and install done in 5 minutes.

It will get updates until 2019.

Install Gentoo

Windows 10 is honestly better. Better performance in some games and fast boot times. If you actually take the turn off the privacy settings and use DWS Lite it won't send any data to Microsoft.

>fast boot
Yeah, Windows 7 also has sleep and hibernate. So there's no difference, w10 simply uses those instead of a cold boot. Both operating systems have the same boot time on my HDD. I use 7 simply because 10 is disgusting and unusable for me, so much that I'm actually mainly using Linux for everything but games.

Windows 7 definitely the better choice if you are just going to use it for games as it works more out of the box, but if you had to choose one as your main operating system Windows 7 would be a better option.

my only issue is networking, but i think microsoft did some shit because the issue persists across multiple computers with other versions of windows. i dont have that problem with linux or macos on the same computers.

>how's windows 7 holding up in 2017
Perfectly well. Better than any Windows after it. Be sure to set updates to "ask before downloading" and search for a list of data-collection/telemetry-enabling updates to avoid. The user interface is much more consistent than Windows 8 and 10, if you don't like Aero you can switch to Classic Theme (95/98-style). DX12 is a meme and only a handful of games require it. No random always-on connections to the internet and no built-in ads.
>it wont update anymore
See this: wu.krelay.de/en/
tl;dr the built-in Windows Update client is outdated and can't parse the list of updates until it is updated

Reading this thread gave me marketing.

>Sup Forumsfag

>/lgbt/faggot
I fucking hate you pieces of shit.

fuck of back to plebbit. only shitheads from that shithole think Sup Forums boards are separate. go fucking KYS you degenerate trash.

>it won't send data back to microsoft
>because of an applet that will say it "disabled telemetry" even when run on WINE in Linux
kek

Tell that to
It's some sort of leftist /jp/ hold out.

yeah! /mlp/ and /sci/ are basically the same

The Bluetooth connectivity feels archaic, other than that it's still the bees knees

tons of bronies are into science. crossover among boards is huge. I visit about 5 other boards. only newfag retards think people are separate.

I don't see a reason to update. Most of the big scary exploits that occur are really only concerning to those running without basic security measures/servers.

Actually October 2021. It will get extended most likely anyway.

It's pretty obviously /ota/ shitposting. I can't recall a time genuine /jp/ regulars ever raided anywhere. It's always other boards raiding them.

even if they are, they keep their shit in /mlp/

Doing completely fine on 3 of my 4 computers (4th is OpenBSD)

>implying /lgbt/ doesn't get pretty Sup Forums-like

>only newfag retards think people are separate
yes but most people are smart enough to keep different topics in different boards
idiot

t. Singh