Encrypt the whole hard drive

>encrypt the whole hard drive
>enforce HTTPS everywhere
>End-to-end encrypt all communications

>still leaks everything because your DNS requests are sent in plaintext

I sincerely hope you don't do this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication
falkvinge.net/2012/07/12/in-the-uk-you-will-go-to-jail-not-just-for-encryption-but-for-astronomical-noise-too/
falkvinge.net/2012/07/12/in-the-uk-you-will-go-to-jail-not-just-for-encryption-but-for-astronomical-noise-too/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_disclosure_law
bbc.com/news/technology-36159146
opera.com/privacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

name alternatives

>they know what websites I visit
??
I'm not a ped

>what is DNScrypt

You definitely CAN encrypt your DNS requests in $CURRENT_YEAR. It's piss easy to do as well as long as you use a proper OS.

encrypting everything just makes you stick out like a sore thumb dummy

>use dnscrypt
>>>still leak the fucking site because tls actually leaks the domain in plain text en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

>tfw debian stable is not a proper os

>>>>still leak the fucking site because tls actually leaks the domain in plain text en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

This shit is why you should use a VPN, Tor, or any such proxying methods where everything is tunnelled through an encrypted channel.

>still leaks everything because your DNS requests are sent in plaintext
my isp knows every address i connect to anyway, whats the point?

>all websites have to be hosted on a unique IP

>all websites have to be hosted on a unique IP
reverse domain lookup

>ISP still sees all traffic

Unless you use a VPN, yes. Even then they can tell you use a VPN if they want to bother with that.

>Use DNSCrypt
>Use VPN
>>Still get fucked by WebRTC leak

Thankfully WebRTC leak can be easily block with uBlock

quit being a pedo and/or terrorist and things like these won't bother you anymore.

>not wanting your inane conversations with your mother encrypted with military-grade privacy enforcement
>not wanting your musings on desktop wallpapers and DE of the month be untraceable thanks to an open source implementation of plausibly deniable encryption doubled with stenography

Fucking normies get off Sup Forums

only pedos, terrorists and govt employees want and use encryption

>>Sup Forums

Only rapists want to use condoms and contraceptives

:^)

This is incredibly weak bait. Fuck off until you come up with something better.

Don't feed the retard responses.

The name of the website you are trying to connect to gets sent anyway, and it's not like https can protect you because in order to get the certificate, you need to download it first. You know, by sending the website name over?

>not using a custom DNS
wintards get dumber by the day

you can also run your own dns server

If TLS wasn't retarded this would not be needed.

Describe a better system

Hello there! You seem to have used the term "open source".
The term "open source" was created by a group of people that did not want to be associated with the free software movement. When I say "free" software (which is one of the alternatives preferable to "open source"). It's not about price; in that case I would say "gratis", or "free as in free beer". It's about "freedom"! This is what the free software movement is fighting for.
So what is "free" software? Free software is any software that guarantees the user the four essential software freedoms:
> 0. Run the program as you wish.
> 1. Study the source code and change it so it does what you wish.
> 2. Redistribute exact copies of the program.
> 3. Distribute your modified version of the program.
Some people decided that they wanted to restrict the user; but being able to study and modify the "open source" code is not enough! This is directly hurting the cause of the free software movement because it takes away the sociological "freedom" aspect of free software and turns it into a technological one.
So for those reasons I ask that in the future you use the terms "free", "free/libre" or, if necessary "FLOSS" (short for "free/libre and open source"), though the latter should still be avoided.

>use every means possible including proxies and VPN to hide my browsing habits
>make myself into a red flag for government algorithms
>get put on the pedo / terrorist list

>not watching your loli on your neighbor's WiFi

>everything
Incorrect, only the fact that you requested the resolution of Sup Forums.org or sexylolis.com or whatever you're into.

Super simple to fix, run your own DNS server, then again, your ISP still gets IPs of where you're connecting, tough that means nothing in any legal case.

literally not true

>not watching loli over i2p/tor on Tails bootable USB on public WiFi half a kilometer away with spoofed MAC address using a 24dbi TP-Link antenna and AES-256-CBC encrypting everything you downloaded

>FDE
>HTTPS
>OTR, FiSHLIM, mumble
>Host DNS server
>VPN all traffic at router level
>routers running openWRT

forgot
>live in UK so 5-10 years if I don't unencrypt my HDD

Hidden and encrypted partitions that are automatically shredded when the "fake" password is entered which just boots into regular ole Winblows 10.

they only need to suspect you've given the wrong password and it's 5-10 years

I'm not a fucko. I just encrypt my disks so burglars don't get their contents and because my employers require it.

Surely they'd need some more evidence than "hurr I think he gib wron password". You can also make it look like you use the fake Windows by using it occasionally. The more embarrassing (but legal) your history is, the more likely they'll think it's legit.

>Surely they'd need some more evidence than "hurr I think he gib wron password".
you'd think so, they don't even have to prove the datas encrypted to begin with

I'm also in the UK so that's not really good news. They probably only do shit like that for terrorists and people hosting CP sites right?

>They probably only do shit like that for terrorists and people hosting CP sites right?
yea, I mean unless they wanted to manipulate people into avoiding encryption altogether, but they wouldn't do that - right user?

they actually created the terrorists so idiots like you remain obedient sheep

90% convinced you're talking out your ass so gib proof

took me one google search, feel free to find more yourself

Proof or is this just theory?

also it's 5 years not 5-10 like I thought

>google: linux
>make the list

That's why more people should encrypt everything. We need to move on to sticking out like a sore leg.

how about you look into it, since you don't already know? i can show you all the proof in the world, it's pointless if you even have to ask

This doesn't show that you can be jailed for "suspected giving false passwords", user. I already knew you could be buttfucked for refusing to give up encryption keys.

>Trusting Tails or Tor ever. They're funded by the gov and they surely have a backdoor in.

Can't find anything. Or does I has to be on le deep webs, user?

how hard did you look, exactly? moron

why do you think clinton wanted to take assad down, you stupid shit?

Careful, user, your spergy rage will cause your tinfoil hat to fall off.

ISIS sprung up after the vacuum made by Iraq's PM Maliki's sectarianism (which he was able to do because Obama decided it was time for Iraq to actually govern itself). They got a hold of US weapon's arsenal and shit which was guarded by brave Iraqis who fled when they attacked.

>So — according to the law — they could accuse you of having encrypted data hidden in your files, and send you to jail for refusing to hand over a non-existant key

CIA niggers, please piss off. tell your meme supervisor that you've been spotted again, change your tactics

Show me one case where this has happened.

right don't believe me, but if this has/does happen do you not believe it would/could be suppressed?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_disclosure_law

bbc.com/news/technology-36159146

You'd have to be doing something very illegal and be a prime suspect for them to do it. So you were stupid enough to be caught in the first place. They wouldn't even need the encryption keys at that point.

Still doesn't show people getting imprisoned for """suspected""" false keys. Do you know what a dummy partiton is my friend?

i can suspect you of whatever the fuck i want

Of course you can, user.

>my friend
fuck off, pajeet
is the CIA outsourcing "meme warfare" to india these days?

Learn to take a hint, my friend. I was insinuating you are the pajeet with subtle irony.

Seems like your irony backfired on you, Pajeet.

You're the one living in Romania, aren't you?
Need I say more?

tell me some more

>opera's vpn at work
>cia nigger falling for it

>thinking using opera's VPN makes him secure
>oh just let me route ALL my traffic through a known botnet
There's no shortage of irony here, Terrence.

>routing my browser-only/Sup Forums traffic through a vpn
>anyone giving a shit
whatever you say, chummer

I don't, I'm just pointing out the irony as I find it amusing.

i find it amusing that the guy thought i'm from romania

Does Google ask if you'd like to display results in English while it's logging all of your browser's traffic?

opera.com/privacy

Let me just leave this here.

What data do we collect?
The information we collect may include: personal data, for example your name, email, IP-address, location; and non-personal technical data

Generally, we collect data:
When you use our products and services
AKA - whenever you're using our browser
Even when you're not routing all your traffic through their VPN they're still logging everything.

Opera's logo might as well represent Sauran's eye lmao

ITT: people who dont understand the history of the conflic in the middle east accuse the government of being ISIS
>the proof is google autocomplete

the ip is useless if the site is behind cloudflare or there are multiple sites hosted on one ip.

>he still doesn't have a house in the woods bought under a false name with an internet connection under a false name with p2p wireless link to your real home rigged with explosives if anyone tries to tamper with it
>current year + 1

your ISP can resolve all the IPs you're visting

>resove IPs
To what exactly?

nothing if the site is behind cloudflare or on a shared ip

Host your own VPN with dnscrypt-proxy as the VPNs resolvers as well as your own and your ISP can't see shit. Is this what you're getting at?

In that case, what VPS hosts do you recommend?

>"proper OS"
You can install it on basically anything. I have it installed on my iPhone 4s it's fucking great