Why did Windows phones failed?

Why did Windows phones failed?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/voyer/9mw7jnfm85fl)
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/sage-reader/9wzdncrcs4tk).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as usual,
>no devs
>no apps
>dead shit

You failed at English.

still using it, not failed but it's really exclusive for high IQ people only and less botnet

Thanks burger :/

>dead platform to begin with
>no external support
>shit phones with nothing new or innovative (except the camera, but irl no pro photographer would use it over their $3000 DSLR)
>gimmick features

And sadly, Microsoft will try again with the next Windows. Whether it be Windows 11 or 10.1, I don't know.

This. Late to the show without much to start.
I literally only heard praise for it except lack of apps

>Windows

Lack of apps. If microsoft would get off their high horse and realize they don't automatically dominate every market they enter, maybe they could save this platform.

The problem is a cycle, there are no apps. Because of this, nobody buys the phones. Because of this, app developers don't have reason to make apps. Repeat.

If microsoft would incetivize developers a little bit, maybe we could end that cycle.

>Macroshaft ist less botnet
Yeah right

No apps. If it had them I'd buy using one. Instead I'm with samshit Galaxy S7 (jk I like this phone)

I have one, and the lack of apps is really awful.
They are really resistant and the OS is solid, but they don't even have a 4ching app.

yeah you should install google play music goyim and other google shit tier bloatware!

fpbp

My 2 cents: no x86 processors. Wangblows missed a huge opportunity to make UMPCs great again.

All they had to do was order custom atom chips with like 8 cores at 800 MHz and slap wangblows 8 and call it a day. They already have tons of software for x86 and developing a calling/texting app would have been a piece of cake.

I still use it, it's really nice if you don't care too much about apps. But I'm pretty sure I will not buy another one.

M$ loves to abandon their handheld devices, Zune is one example of a device from MicroSoft that has alot of potential but got abandoned.

Anybody who doesn't have an iPhone considers themselves too euphoric to have anything (((less))) than an android

The only aviable Windwows phones look like the same cheap bricks
No pokemon

Somebody at Microshaft must have thought they could just show up to the phone market game like "We're here!", corner the market, and then do their embrace, extend and extinguish business as usual but with a larger audience. They were clearly wrong lol

>No pokemon
GET OUT

>hurr durr muh sekret club

>apps
>apps
>apps

Seriously what apps you guys used daily?

That aren't available for WP? Strava, Amaze (for the FTP server), Bringg, a GBA emulator sometimes

Too late too the party. Literally this was around Vista, zune, and windows phone. Awful clones and again late

Had a win phone lumia 650 better pictures, connectivity, no bloatware than other phones in the price range. Why failed? Nokia is to blame for that.

Yes they do it's called 4charm

Pokemon go was only relevant for 3 weeks tops

>MS forced devs to use metro
>walled garden trash, android is not
>metro is just shit overall
>phone manufacturers were not allowed any customization
>windows phone 8 incompatible with 7 devices, pretty much the same shit repeated when the upgrade to 10 happened
>no apps, seriously

4charm fucking sucks

>hurr why are you calling out my normalfagness? T- they are allowed here, too!
>>>/facebook/

I never even tried one because I was already tired of Microsoft's cock shoved down my throat on every conceivable platform.

>lack of innovative/appealing features
>lack of developers, lack of apps
>forces you to be a part of the Microsoft ecosystem.

Theres a ton. I felt really disconnect with people because of a lot of social media apps just weren't native with the windows phone. I'm not big with social media, but using android I get 200% more pussy than I did with windows phone and this isn't a joke.

I will be the first to say my lumia 1520 was an amazing phone and will always be my favorite. Felt great and looked top quality, but until windows phone catches up with apps and support in general. I'm not going back.

4charm, Imageboard browser and Sage Reader. Imageboard browser is the best, you can even post with it.

No one wanted to develop for it.
That's really all.
I own a 950XL and it's got all the features that a flagship Samsung does, and with a removable battery and an SD card slot. Even has an IR blaster in the form of a facial recognition scanner.

It just doesn't have apps. I'm not really complaining since I don't use them though. Just wanted a phone with a good camera.

>a resident of Sup Forums
>"I get 200% more pussy"
nPussy = 0*200/100
nPussy = 0

You can try Voyer (microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/voyer/9mw7jnfm85fl) or Sage Reader (microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/sage-reader/9wzdncrcs4tk).

They are pretty decent imo, also Voyer is in constant development.

If only they hadn't fucked it up....

Lack of apps is a big part of it. But the largest part is how late to the game they were. Everyone has already invested in one of the two ecosystems, they bought apps, media, etc.

Microsoft basically asked people to give up the ecosystem they're already invested in to switch to the Windows Mobile ecosystem which has less to offer.

I think it's a noble idea, Surface tablets are cool as heck. The idea of turning Windows into a multi purpose Operating System for all your devices makes sense. They just had the idea too late. It's basically what Apple would have done if Mac had market share.

Microsoft should instead try and integrate their features into iOS and Android through apps. Maybe even make an Android ROM with Windows related modifications.

Nothing interesting about them.

Same features and form factor as the iPhone and Android...except those 2 already had market share and app dominance.

I mean if they have a keyboard slider or a gamepad and emphasized Microsoft's Xbox business and gaming that might have worked. Or if they had something modular like the moto z that would have caught attention.

But it was the exact same shit but with less apps. Who wants that?

>thinking I'm a resident of Sup Forums

wooh buddy aren't you cool

>muh snapchat
literally this

Actually they kinda tried. Remember how Win10 Mobile was supposed to be able to run any Android app from 4.0 and before?

I cant recall what happened, tho and why they dropped it.

They thought it would hurt windows 10 mobiles chance of ever getting native apps

But the work was recycled and resulted in the WSL

What a sane company would do:
>hey [DEVELOPER OF A POPULAR ANDROID APP]
>I'll give you this big bag full of money if you port your app to my OS
>meanwhile I'll fill TV with ads about how great is my OS and my devices

What nutella did:
>who cares about customers and apps, we'll focus on enterprises

I wonder why did it sink harder than the fucking Titanic.

Still miss mine, by far the most intuitive platform. Had to move to android for a work app, android is a schizophrenic mess in comparison.

This. It should have been designed originally around the concept of the dock to be used as a PC or in conjunction with one. That could have created a whole new ecosystem of hardware and software. If MS was smart they also would have been selling or including them with Office 365 enterprise plans.

>I cant recall what happened, tho and why they dropped it.

It was my understanding that it was slow as fuck and brought the entire platform to a crawl.