Who else here /moocher/?

Who else here /moocher/?

I live right next a a cafe owned by a guy who runs a big server out of the place for who knows what and the wifi is amazing. I just sit with my laptop in there and guzzle coffee.

Free wifi is the best thing ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/300Mbps-Wireless-Adapter-External-Antenna/dp/B00PXYH8LW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

free wifi is everywhere. I don't even have to leave my house for it.

Is that Ron's Coffee?

You mean your mom's house.

Used to do this when I lived in the middle of nowhere and internet was only through satellite. Used to go to the local coffee shop and download an ass ton of games to emulate at the stellar speed of 1mbs

One of my neighbors' wifi password was 8 characters long, numbers only. He was practically begging me to use it. I do all my heavy downloading during night hours, don't wanna eat up all the speed on daytime.

there's a starbucks by me with 3mb/s download speeds, that's pretty fucking good for a coffee shop. They don't block bittorrent, either. I've installed ~5 seperate linux OSes over there.

>tfw stores have better wifi than you and you pay more

It's not really mooching if you're buying the coffee, the free WiFi is included with the purchase

And honestly who doesn't buy a coffee when they go to a coffee shop

If you drink one coffee and sit there souping up the wifi for 3 hours, you're still mooching. The appropriate rate of consumptions/hour varies from place to place.

>>And honestly who doesn't buy a coffee when they go to a coffee shop
the guy who sits next door from the coffee shop to get in range of their wifi without going in

oh fuck, every place has that guy.

>peers in to make sure nobody sees what he's doing
>everybody knows

kek

3 millibit/s is not very fast

>Free wifi is the best thing ever.
How much does you coffee cost, retard?

That's a dollar an hour.

Why don't you just buy your own fucking internet for literally a tenth of that.

Are there any USB wireless cards with external antenna connectors? then I could sit in the park down the block and leech wifi

i didn't think there was a protocol for that type of thing

i usually get one small coffee and just sit there for 2-5 hours kek

>Are there any USB wireless cards with external antenna connectors? then I could sit in the park down the block and leech wifi

TP-Link TL-WN721N
perfect Linux compatibility (including master mode)
I've been using one 24/7 for years.

Mine is connected to an OpenWRT router as a sort of layer 3 WiFi bridge.

It's only 1x1 antenna though.

amazon.ca/300Mbps-Wireless-Adapter-External-Antenna/dp/B00PXYH8LW

sorry
TL-WN722N

>KC here

theyre some starbucks that have google fiber in my city. Its pretty neet.

The starbucks i go to always gives me free refills even after I've been there for hours

Why would you steal bandwidth? we're running out of it already

It depends mostly on how busy it is. If there's people coming in who can't find a place to sit and then go elsewhere, they've effectively lost a sale because of your mooching ass. Make it up to them by buying another coffee, effectively covering the lost sale.

If it's not that busy then they probably don't care about you hanging out.

Free my pajeet-boy Ron
A little CP and a fake coffee shop never hurt anyone

I've never had the experience of good, free wi-fi. They're uncommon even in the center of my city. Hotels and coffee shops may have wi-fi for the customers but that is never very good, hotels may even charge extra.

This is a great little cheap wireless card by the way, even works without non-free drivers or firmware on GNU/Linux (using ath9k iirc). Or well, at least I've so far not heard of one with a different chipset; it should be safe to assume that all of them are freedom-compatible Atheros.

>he thinks bandwidth is speed of transfer

Do you even network bro?

>guzzle coffee

It's not free

You are literally single handedly paying his internet bill

KEKED dumbfuck millenial

>single handedly
The people who run in, grab a coffee and run out, or go through the drive-through are also paying his internet bill, but they don't benefit
>cost of running a business is factored into the price of goods
holy shit gen x sempai teach me your ways

I too like free wifi spots op, its great for mitm attacks (^;

Yeah either I'm subconsciously justifying my WiFi mooching or this is perfectly fine

>at least I've so far not heard of one with a different chipset;
Confirmed, I've been buying a total of 3 TL-WN722N over several years and they were all the same chipset.

It is important to be careful with this. Very often vendors change to a cheaper, inferior cheapset within in the same model range. For example, the TL-WN822N had great Linux compatibility in the first 2 revisions. Then, after highly positive reviews, they quietly switched to a crappy chipset in Rev 3.0.

The TL-WN722N however stayed the same.

forgot pic

Are there any 24/7 cafes?

Yeah, I bought one just this year and it was still OK, and google returns no reports of new chipsets.

I'm probably gonna buy 1 or 2 extra just in case though, its cheap and works exactly like I need it to.

I don't I hate coffee
But their steamed milk with vanilla shots are great, I recognize the importance of patronizing place that I value.

>He thinks bandwidth is unlimited

>a cafe owned by a guy who runs a big server out of the place for who knows what and the wifi is amazing

You've watched Mr. Robot too much. Stop LARPing, you're going full retard.