phys.org/news/2016-02-ten-fingers-fast.html
inet.se/hitta?q=Ducky
tolvutek.is/leita/Ducky
10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
youtube.com/watch?v=MSpprwTLUnI
keyclack.com/product/group-buy-maxkey-sa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best chink mechanical keyboard for 50€?
I was thinking of getting this JamesDonkey 619. It has Gateron switches and looks ok. Amazon isn't option
gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_591295.html?wid=21

Fuck off, marketer

Anyone knows anything about this chink DSA set?
aliexpress.com/item/chink-dsa/32678368635.html
Doesn't seem that expensive, and not that thin.

god tier board incoming

Where are your accessories?

Help I accidentally came all inside my God-tier Zealios, will the semen damage them in any way??

no thanks I'd get either the magicforce 68, 82, or 108

Not able to own one over here without a license unfortunately

I don't know why you'd want blank keycap, but KBDfans is legit

how to get a nice patina on my new keyboard?

Yeah, I know they're legit, just wondering about the keycaps themselves. Hoping they're thicc enough to block backlights from coming through, which usually doesn't happen on white ones specially. I'll try sending him a message asking about it.

This is my 3 year old Shine 3. I use the reactive lighting mode (point is, NOT the "customized" lighting modes), and today, the lights shown are just ticked on at a very low brightness (compare to the numlock and the spacebar, which are at normal brightness).
I've tried unplugging and replugging, tried changing light modes, tried messing with the dip switches, no result: They refuse to shut off.

Anyone have this problem? Any ideas?

Do you guys touch type "properly"? I'm talking about 10-finger qwerty layout here. Or did you teach yourself and type with much fewer fingers?

I can touch type and am pretty fast doing it, but I don't do it anywhere near properly. Should I actually take them time to learn propert qwerty layout typing?

I type with 10 but it's self-taught and not proper.

I've been using some of those free online tutorials, they've been pretty good so far.. I can 'blind type' at around 90 WPM.. So far with proper 'touch typing' I'm up to around 50 WPM. It's just getting used to using all my fingers, which feels unnatural as I never really learned that way

nice new keyboard! oh, wait...

I've been learning. Am I the only one who thinks the bottom row left hand fingering is nonsensical? I feel ergonomically everything should be shifted left by one key

No, not at all. I assume you mean for example pressing C with your middle finger, which is simply retarded? Check out this: onehandkeyboard.org/standard-qwerty-finger-placement/

You are not the only one. Picture related.

that's how I planning on learning it to correctly set up my muscle memory. I'm not into breaking my middle finger each time I have to curl it under to hit C, or complete lose my position on the homerow to hit more comfotably.

Yes, exactly what I mean. I've read that before yet the perfectionist in me wants to learn to do it how it "should" be done

is that b supposed to be used with the thumb
why the fuck

Same here, until I tried it and it just always feels wrong and I accidentally switch back to using my index finger to hit C. There are many many posts like this on the internet, and they all agree that the standard layout is a bit nonsensical at times -- especially because it wasn't really designed around being easy to type, but to prevent jams in old typewriters. I prefer to type well and comfortably instead of following some archaic standards of what is good.

This might also help your decision: phys.org/news/2016-02-ten-fingers-fast.html

No it just means that B can be hit with either index finger, whatever feels better to you at the moment.

That's what I really don't understand with the standard fingering.

Training the muscle memory to get over the awkwardness is easy, but you have to completely leave the home row to reach the keys which kind of beats the whole point

I couldn't agree more. As I said, I'll be learning it like in the article linked above, I feel this will lead to much safter and better typing in the long run. Just because it deviates from the archaic standard, doesn't mean it's worse.

Make sure it has abs caps, use it frequently. You can fake one by typing with greasy hands all the time.

basically a budget corsair. If you like the layout you probably wont be disappointed.

just typing blind naturally i use 8~10 fingers for most things. My right hand moves around a little so sometimes I use my pinky but generally just the left for shift. 90 wpm isnt bad though so I don't think its holding me back

>90 wpm
How does it feel being a typelet?

Made me chuckle. Out of interest, how fast do you type? And do you use 10 fingers?

pretty ok, I don't type for a living and I'm accurate. What do you consider fast?

could you dig through the last 14 or so keyboard threads and link to the new keyboard you post in evry thread?
well just wait here for you to do that

You can only post if your switches arent total shit

Not so fast anyone with cherry MX anything

150 wpm is what the average touch typist can achieve. 200wpm is in the fast territory

Finally cleaning off the keys of this IBM M2 I got.

Anyone know a good technique to clean this yellowish color off of the keyboard?

google retr0bright

Yes, throw it in the trash and get something decent -looking,

PUSSY

Anyone have any experience with Tomoko brand chink keyboards on Amazon?

Looking into it now, thanks.

Triggered?

2 weeks and no price changes to shit tier (k65, masterkeys, rapid-I, etc) AND no re-stock of ducky/filco boards

whats my next move being an EU cuck.. Do I overpay for a shitty meme brand or continue waiting for re-stock on the good boards..

should I just buy non-scandinavian ISO board and replace key caps from my current zowie celeritas?

Ducky should have Nordic sellers.
I think the Finnish one shut down, but they still have some a couple in Sweden and Iceland
inet.se/hitta?q=Ducky
tolvutek.is/leita/Ducky

Is the logitech mechanical rgb keyboard decent? I'm coming from a corsair strafe mechanical and multiple keys are broken (2mo old)

its about as equally good as corsair.
If you want gaming keyboards then check out anything by Cooler Master

these, maxgaming and maybe the occasional lose board on e-bay are available but they're all overpriced to SHIT.

Nearly double the retail price compared to the sites that are out of stock. I'm not gonna pay ~$280 for a ducky

time to practice for speed then.

I actually just checked on 10 fast fingers and came out around 60 wpm while drunk. I use proper technique with all fingers so I really doubt people are clocking 90wpm just freeballing it.

I mean i post on internet forums and write papers. That and chats + some coding.

90wpm is within reach for someone who uses a keyboards a bunch but not professionally.

However I'm not sure that is right outside of a professional area.

I type like that and it was an unconscious choice

>This might also help your decision: phys.org/news/2016-02-ten-fingers-fast.html

>75wpm
What about people that type at 120wpm?
The study sems directed to normies but not to people with high performance

Fuck Originative but it finally arrived, and while this may be a meme board it's a god damn nice meme board.

10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english

Post your scores and keyboards.

93 on a corsair k65 with reds.

Screen shots plz, also post if you type properly or do some hunt and peck bs.

what do you use?

Switches? that's a TD68 right?

That's right. I've got Gateron browns, and they are surprisingly not terrible.

Also I don't type properly but I'm not that far off proper so I haven't put any time into fixing it.

lenovo thinkpad x201 stock keyboard
i use a three fingered hunt and peck

I actually find that I type faster on my laptop keyboard as well, I think it's just the amount of time I've spent with it and maybe the short travel distance.

That's pretty impressive if you're actually typing like an idiot.

WASD Code V2 with clears, fullsize. Learned how to type with that old spongebob game years ago, kinda hit my maximum for some reason, not sure how to improve at this point, maybe I just don't type enough.

i don't
i type at 140 ish on my deck hassium with blues

just only have my laptop on me right now

Nice. I only just started to care, 140 is basically my goal.

i found someone on 10fastfingers competitions the other day with a cool 170wpm including video proof
youtube.com/watch?v=MSpprwTLUnI
it got me thinking about how to improve typing to this point

Impressive, for me it's about improving accuracy so I dont have to make corrections, and getting consistent so I can always use my burst wpm.

Practice is really all there is, so if you have to type something, type it fast even if you dont have to. Most people stop around 70wpm or less because typing speed isnt a limiting factor in anything they do.

MasterKeys Pro S with blues. It's a bit lower around 90 with Gateron browns and reds.

Holy cow user, you buy a new keyboard every 14 hours?

Can I see some pictures of them? You must have dozens at least? I'm impressed

I just bought a planck kit today to try something different.

Same exact configuration as pic related
>cherry greens

Did I cuck myself?

If I hate it, how much do you think I could sell it to a ledditor for?

Anyone have experience with ortholinear set ups?

Anyone have a Dell at101w?

>tfw just watched a video about it being cheap and widely available since it came up in my YouTube suggestions
>tfw the price has gone up on eBay, apparently it's meme status has made it more expensive or something

should be fine... looks nice! might take a while to get used to, but many people say they can't go back after trying ortho

if you live in the US, shouldn't be too hard to sell it for pretty close to buying price.. i think people like to buy prebuilt ones so they don't have to do any soldering themselves

Same boat as you. About to purchase the kit but don't know about my switches. I currently use MX clears but they feel a bit too stiff, maybe MX Blues or Greens?

How do I make my keyboard quiet as possible?

I came by this odd dome thing that goes over your switch and reduces the downpresses sound by a lot but now I can't find it.

I would go with blues. Blues should be less stiff than clears, but greens are even stiffer than blues. As long as you don't mind the noise of the clicky blues

spill youghurt in it

Has anyone typed with two o-rings stacked in a key? I'm thinking of doing it. Makes it a lot more quiet and the key travel reduction makes clear switches feel better because you can feel the actuation as soon as you bottom out.

why is topre for millionaires?

Yup, I have all my modifiers double o-ringed. I tend to smash backspace and enter as hard as I can, and the short key travel plus the reduced sound makes things comfy

Something I like about membrane keyboards is that there is a somewhat definitive pressed and unpressed position.
I want to try out a mechanical keyboard, but the only ones I've touched in person are at local electronics stores. They all seemed to have full key travel, where it felt more like pressing an analog button where I could press as hard as I wanted until I bottomed out
Is this all keyswitch types or just the ones on the keyboards I tried?

But where's mod linear and scam panda?

because millionaires have enough money to waste on overpriced shit

I got a DAS keyboard professional I think. It has the volume wheel.

Where does it rate among mechanical keyboards? I got it last year I think when I first even heard of them and now I find out there are tons of different brands.

I also pre-ordered their new one with the LEDs, but who knows when that'll come out.

Das Keyboard is fine.
You don't need artisan USB cables, woven by the Pope personally in a full moon night.
You don't need special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel.
That's all audiophile-tier territory.

TOP KEK
I have to say, there are keyboards ITT that shit all over my DAS in the looks department, and why this thing didn't come with a braided cable I'll never know.

Cherry MX Board 2.0 with MX Brown switches
never cleaned in 3 years
heavy smoker
frequently eating at the desk

way too much gayass shit that wants to run
fuck yo scripts nigga

QFR with """vintage blacks"""

Here's a few of them

>tfw someone memes your meme

nice new keyboard! oh, wait...

Chinese SA kits are a go, $75,

118 on a 12-year old membrane keyboard with enough food between keys to live a month off it
mechanical keyboards are a meme

Post lank plez

Maxkey?
LINK

Can someone help me with this keyboard? Is it worth buying for 55 dollars? Can it be fake?
Sup Forumsuys halp
posting pics 1/3

2/3

keyclack.com/product/group-buy-maxkey-sa/

3/3

Why does it not have the label at the back?

Looks good.
thanks user

Not sure if you have it but use the turn off all LEDs key.

For the Ducky One/ One TKL, this is hold FN+ F9 or FN + F10

What switches?