So when is OLED finally going to make a breakthrough and be released as a monitor

so when is OLED finally going to make a breakthrough and be released as a monitor.

Other urls found in this thread:

flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1465304750
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oled displays don't last long, after a year of use the colors will be fucked and it will not be as bright, also burn in

flawed technology

Says who?

anyone with an oled phone or tablet

When they work out some of the issues like said and the uneven subpixel distribution. Also, when it doesn't cost 900 gorillion dollars for a 24" 4k OLED display.

OLED is going to have to go the way of the CRT and add a color return feature when they start to degrade

>color return feature
you mean return the monitor after it has degraded?

Noooooooooo
I was ready for a day 1 buy, replacing my €2000 EIZO.

when every single pixel is a light source you have millions of points for light source degradation

thank for the humble brag blog post

well actually the price for it was suppose to be 5000 usd but it never got released so who knows. Maybe they might release it again for a higher price

QLED (Not Shamsungs backlit LCD marketing bullshit currently being sold) with true emmissive pixels should be the replacement. But it's a few years away still.

I just want a good PC monitor with actual blacks like damn.

get a VA monitor. not a lot but they're there

I probably earned less at the time than someone living in his mother's basement in the US.
I love that monitor but Dell's OLED was too good to be true.

OLED monitors are superior to LCD in many ways.
However, they wont supersede LCD's in adoption until they are cheaper. Plain and

Terrible gamma shifting.
Pros and cons as with any other LCD.

I don't care

I have an OLED panel on my ayylmaoware 13r3. 1440p, works great, and really fast response. also more rgb color space than anything else. I love it.

Not with recent OLED screens, the only real complaints are from S4 generation and earlier generally, or floor models that had brightness set to maximum for 15+ hours a day.

Smaller OLED screens are becoming better and better, the problem is this hasn't translated 100% to larger panels, and it likely wont for a few years.

samsung oled screens are still paired with burn in reduction, it dimms the screen in various instances

OLED is ok on phones because you throw your phone away after a year or two. I'd never buy an OLED monitor when high quality, even high refresh rate, IPS screen exist.

The only OLEDs worth buying this year will be the Sony and Philips (Philips has implemented black frame insertion). They use LGs panels but have better processing. Especially with motion. This coming from a recent LG B6 buyer. I wish I had hung on a little longer DESU but I did get a good deal on the B6 so...

They suffer from the subpixels wearing out after unevenly after a while, and get screen burn from static UI. They suffer from the issue CRTs did, just a lot more drastic. I'm actually increadibly glad LCD went mainstream, for all it's faults they at it has have longevity on their side.

>tfw no epaper monitor

My Droid Turbo 2 has burn in where the on-screen keys are. When viewing apps or pages where the keys disappear the color is noticeably different except for black of course.

Because it's slow and shit and who wants a slow shit b&w monitor? Call me again when it's 1ms response and in full RGB.

Maybe you should go learn about OLED.

flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1465304750

He think light refreshing every 1ms is good for his eyes

I am not talking about the light. I am talking about pixel response time. E-Ink is slow as shit to change from one state to another.

>Droid Turbo 2
Not particularly a good example since samsung is the leader in AMOLED screen tech and they refuse to sell their best screens to anyone but themselves.

Just look at the Nexus 6P and the Galaxy Note5.
Both use the same 5.7" AMOLED 1440p screen, but the Note5 screen in testing is noticeably better in several areas (brightness, brightness uniformity, color accuracy, etc)

Moms s3 is 3 years old at least, nearing 4 years. Screen still isn't showing any typical oled issues I've read on g.

Zuk Z2 Pro is using a Samsung AMOLED screen, isn't it?

So do Meizu phones?

t-they are b-bottom of the barrel ones

AMOLED IS PERFECT

Samsung is the largest producer of OLED screens in the world from what I understand, so I wouldn't be surprised, but they keep the good ones for themselves as is evidence from their phones ALWAYS scoring higher than pretty much any other screens out there.

At the time of the Note5 release, it was literally the best mobile screen EVER tested by Displaymate

Yeah honestly Samsung hardware is pretty much second-to-none, too bad the software is such a train wreck. Trying to wait for the warranty to be up on my Tab S2 8.0 before I throw Lineage OS on it but damn is it hard to resist.

>SED will never be a thing

if your 50-75% into your warranty I think you would be fine.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME KEK

Just got it a week ago, Best Buy open box for $293. Gotta wait a bit but yeah, probably give in at the 75% mark. Hopefully Samsung releases Nougat for it, I mean the damn thing just got released mid last year.

no

>I didn't get the 5 8's

But they already are available.

Sweet, only $18,000.
And since it has SDI outputs, that means it's only another ~$500 for an SDI to HDMI 4k converter so you can plug it into your GPU.

The pixels just aren't durable enough yet. I think the best oled usage is still phones and we'll probably get other technology for monitors. no oled for reasonable prices ever.
Well same happened with the note 7 which managed to exceed the 1000nits brightness barrier.

>no FED either