AMD makes public statement on Ryzen and its issues two weeks after release

AMD makes public statement on Ryzen and its issues two weeks after release.

digitaltrends.com/computing/ryzen-winows-10-scheduler/

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-and-Windows-10-Scheduler-No-Silver-Bullet
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-quick-tip-20-performance-improvement-for-hyperthreaded-dual-core-cpus-i3-etc
techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/change-the-processor-affinity-setting-in-windows-7-to-gain-a-performance-edge/
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5z7x0o/gaming_amd_ryzen_community_update/
youtu.be/6laL-_hiAK0?t=1540
archive.is/AzDnA
youtube.com/watch?v=76-8-4qcpPo
computerbase.de/2017-02/cpu-skalierung-kerne-spiele-test
youtube.com/watch?v=BORHnYLLgyY
youtube.com/watch?v=JbryPYcnscA
community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update?sf62107357=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And Sup Forums told me AMD was a deceptive company wtf

lul amdfags are hilarious

literally in denial

wew

are you implying PCPer is more competent than AMD who fucking designed the thing?
this

3rd thread about this topic

came here to post this. not disappointed

AMD commented on the PCPer article and has said they believe the Windows 10 Scheduler is operating correctly for Ryzen

pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-and-Windows-10-Scheduler-No-Silver-Bullet

In other words AMD made a poor choice by making 2 x CCX because Windows shitty schedular throws to random cores and is shit slow over 2 x CCX instead of a single CCX. Bad CPU design decision IMHO.

That's so it can scale up to 32 or 64 cores

Hopefully the 4c/8t version is only one ccx so we can see baby gamers BTFO'D

>Windows shitty schedular throws to random cores

I wonder if we'd see better performace by manually setting the cpu mask

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-quick-tip-20-performance-improvement-for-hyperthreaded-dual-core-cpus-i3-etc

techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/change-the-processor-affinity-setting-in-windows-7-to-gain-a-performance-edge/

Reddit are up in arms about this. AMD need to get their shit together.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5z7x0o/gaming_amd_ryzen_community_update/

DELET SIR

This is a non issue in HPC and server applications. Basicly what the Zeppelin die was designed for.

AMD's priority is regaining the HPC and server market. The margins are MUCH higher there. AMD cannot currently afford to put out separate dies for home and enterprise. As such they are going to focus on the more profitable market.

PCPer clearly says Windows scheduler needs to be CCX aware.
youtu.be/6laL-_hiAK0?t=1540

I wonder how it went

>AMD to Microsoft: Fix your stupid scheduler
>Microsoft: lolno
>AMD: Windows 10 is fine

AMD themselves even said the scheduler is not a problem

They did. But the article is wrong about what PCPer said.

AMD went through the same pains with Bulldozer on Win7. Why can't Microsoft write a process scheduler anymore? Nobody enjoyed having to deal with unofficial patches to deal with the microstutter while MS fixed their shit.

>Make processor with many issues
>Basically a flop/win depending on how you look at it
>Too late now CPU is released no excuses
>Decide fuck it and make up some bullshit about the scheduler being broken
>Blame microsoft for never fixing the broken scheduler
>In reality nothing to fix
>stays the same forever
>all blame is wiped from AMD and everyone has an excuse to fall back on until the end of time
>muh scheduler
I forgot what the excuse was with bulldozer. What was it like "Applications check to see if it's an intel processor which gives AMD chips bad scores" or something?

They still do that. The intel compiler deliberately picks less optimal code routes on non-intel chips

AMD's statement is obviously self-contradictory, and there's enough evidence against Windows not being a problem. For instance, Ryzen is just fine on Linux.

But believe whatever you want, I don't want to burst your bubble.

Oh yeah sure bud

Ryzen uses a 2 x CCX setup and MS scheduler treats it as a single CCX throwing threads to random cores/SMTs. This might be 'proper' for MS scheduler but it is not optimum. AMD should have made a driver or something that forces threads to a single CCX for certain applications.

MS are Intels bitch and always has been though. AMD are just too afraid to rock the boat.

So which excuse are we going to be running with
I need to know so I can put it in the bio of my Team Red+ account

Your mom is my bitch

There's definitely some kind of problem with windows 10 even if it is not actually the scheduler, because it still performs noticeably worse than windows 7

Both AMD and MS are at fault. MS don't like changing anything major in their shitty OS unless it benefits them in some way. AMD are too much of a whimp (or just don't care) to fight their corner. They are after the server market anyhow so probably don't really give a shit about a few gamers until R5.

What excuse will we use when R5 comes out?
Should we blame memory again or the developers of games?

We go with it's half the price for 80 percent of the performance.

Same. Tech companies are pretty shit when it comes to actually supporting consumers. Ever tried ot get support from MS? Good luck with that.

It's actually looking closer to 90+% performance.

So should we use price as an excuse or software companies?

Uh huh sure it is

Price because gamers are poorfags.

Just wait for Raven Ridge. Those APUs will have only one CCX.

What if the R5 ends up not having very good performance in games. We need an excuse for that too

>Just wait

What if you didn't shitpost?

the jews at intel

They are already using AMD FX for gaming no need for an excuse.

I'm not I'm trying to gain ammo for my Team Red+ account
We need as many excuses as we can get

I can't recall the name of this type of psychological manipulation, but it's pretty effective.

You guys are forgetting that it's shit even under Linux.

its actually fucking with my head he needs to stop

>I happen to be an anime fag who thinks he's an expert on this

archive.is/AzDnA

What are you talking about? It's perfect for installing Gentoo.

>Gentoofags can now install Gentoo and have a life

You should be worshiping AMD

Bulldozer is better the 2500k 5 years later fag

>Wait five years for new AMD processor
>Gotta wait another five for it to be good

It's definitely passive-aggressive, but there's another element into it.

I dunno but its definitely a new level of shitposting
it's actually creative

amd is better in the long run if you only update GPU and increase res fag

>Just wait(TM)

Does it count as concern trolling?

Honestly at this point I have no idea it's pretty close but different

I guess it's more like ironic concern trolling or something.

who knows

>windows shitty scheduler is at fault
>AMD sucks
I don't care if AMD is shit but my god you're an idiot.

Actually, it meets every definition of concern trolling. Glad to see Intel has budget to hire better shills.

>the lies and delusions of an amdtard
youtube.com/watch?v=76-8-4qcpPo

computerbase.de/2017-02/cpu-skalierung-kerne-spiele-test

Who is lying? Ze germanz or the aussie cunt?

>adoretard and ayymdtards completely BTFO

Even if it was true, why the fuck would microsoft change their OS to suit AMD? Are they obligated to cater their shit to the budget brand CPUs or something?

Do you even understand how new architectures work?

No shit things aren't going to be optimized on day one. How much is Intel paying you idiots? Surely you couldn't be posting this sort of drivel for free...

This is like blaming Intel for reintroducing HT and Windows being unable to be aware of it back in the Nehalem days
>Why can't Microsoft write a process scheduler anymore?
They never could
The same problem happened during the Nehalem era
They eventually fix their shit to stop their server marketshare from dropping even lower
The scheduler isn't something AMD can fix, unlike the Linux kernel they can't submit a patch to Microsoft
They can work with Microsoft but they hardly ever work with anyone All the benchmarks from Phoronix and ServeTheHome that aren't from some old ass game put it just behind the 7700K in ST loads and beating 2P 4c Xeon's on MT loads, even beating 2P 8c Xeon's in the best case scenario
Supporting hardware is part of their job dumbfuck

BACK TO Sup Forums. Games don't matter!

>amd cpus are way better if you move to scenarios where another piece of hardware does all the work.

my god pajeet! you're on to something.

It's all an elaborate ploy to force you into using Win 10 and its upcoming 'game mode' feature

damage control by amd because ms told them to piss off?

AMD never said anything about the scheduler tard', it was the community and the reviewers
There's been a constant trickle of patches from MS that address Ryzen's support, from power related fixes to scheduler related fixes

Nobody contacted PCPer.

>There's been a constant trickle of patches from MS
are you retarded or never used windows 10?

look it up intel was sued and lost because of this, the thing is, even though newer compilers should not do this, many people still use the fuck amd compiler.

try reading the article dipshit, it says AMD doesn't believe it's a problem with the scheduler either

youtube.com/watch?v=BORHnYLLgyY

youtube.com/watch?v=JbryPYcnscA

OP posted clickbait.

Are you retarded? Why are you ignoring half of the post just to astroturf your retardation?
There's at least a dozen patches that address issues that degrade performance of Zen in Win10, they had been discovered by the people at ArsTechnica forums

>No way does intel do something they've been CAUGHT FOR DOING BEFORE AND SUED FOR AND HAVE YET TO PAY THE SETTLEMENT FOR

AMD's statement literally says windows isn't the problem. It's the real world evidence that says it is.

Where the fuck are you getting your info from? It's literally the opposite of what's actually happening, like you're completely ignorant of the situation and just looking for excuses to shit on AMD.

point is, nothing is patched yet=> nothing moved from starting point for users

Here is the problem

"Microsoft, can you patch your shit to work?"
"Do you ever want a driver for any of your hardware to ever get validated again?"
"!!!"
"There is no problem, but microsoft are looking into it, deviate from that and maybe it performs worse once fixed"

You can just see through all evidence that microsoft is the issue, be it the cpu works better on linux, or better on windows 7, but amd has to say they don't believe windows 10 is the issue for bullshit microsoft is a monopoly in the home space reasons.

>AMD's statement literally says windows isn't the problem.
where? from PCper article? it's not AMD statement, it same asspull they did saying 1060 is 60% better than 480 last year

one of the serve the home benchmarks had a 4 processor 8 core per system marginally beating out amd

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update?sf62107357=1

okay, ryzen is fucked. all hope is lost.

there you have it, on the actual amd website, it was like you fucking retards can't even read

That PR guy gets fired for jumping the gun. There is too much evidence of losing 20% in drawcalls because of windows.

>better on windows 7
it's funny because the exact same thing happened to bulldozer.
didn't get patched until vishera pretty much.

Funny thing is that Microsoft says the contrary
AMD isn't trying to create more hype now, they are trying to avoid another PR disaster like Bulldozer, that's why they're pretending there's no issues with Win10
MS took around 9 months to fix Nehalem's issues back then, they have always been incompetent at supporting new hardware

>that's why they're pretending there's no issues with Win10
look, I had hope for 1700, it's decent now but it would be sidegrade from i72600 if it doesn't work properly=>they lost several sales with that statement

also the guy from anandtech forums reports 300ns latency difference for L3 on Ryzen compared to intel
that's why games perform so badly, it's already a PR nightmare
why AMD always sucks at these things?

Ok, so Windows schedules CCXs wrong, but CCXs are slow as fuck in communication, how is this acceptable?

This really looks like hardware problem.

>but CCXs are slow as fuck in communication, how is this acceptable?
Most heavily threaded workloads have little if any inter-thread communication, if Windows wasn't shit as always no one would had noticed the issues
It just works on Linux

the point is windows schedules thread at random
on a good day you will get decent performance and on the next it goes to hell for 4 threaded application

all you need is so windows do not do that for for 4 threads and put them in one CCX

the cache latency should be 30% faster at worst and 100% faster at best than comparable intel. the worst I have seen is the between ccx latency of 140ns compared to 40 in ccx

as for side grade from a i7 2600, its an upgrade all round from the benches I seen and that's just games, where amd takes the biggest performance hit.

Problem is, if program has inter-threaded communication, Zen efficiency drops to oblivion.

> says the contrary
> We'll look into it

No?

>MS took around 9 months to fix Nehalem's issues back then, they have always been incompetent at supporting new hardware
Dude 90% of the posters never witnessed Nehalem launch.

>if program has inter-threaded communication
for example? software doesn't need thread juggling, windows does it for power management not performance
The only game that works on ryzen(let's take it as most random example of threading) Battlefield 1 which runs on 16 threads - it's exactly 5% slower than 6900K in it, hardware is not the problem.

nehalem? wats dat

A river.