Why is SystemD so shit?

Convince me to install Gentoo.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/10/msg00001.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Systemd is alright.
I don't have anything in particular against it.

Install gentoo.

>takes forever to compile shit
Why should I go through the trouble?

systemd is actually not that bad. its just autists who scream botnet at the slightest gust of wind that hate it. also something about the creator being a jew.

Install gentoo.

But moot is a jew and he founded Sup Forums. Those same fags don't leave, sadly, so there must be a real reason, surely?

Are there any downsides to using openRC?

who is moot?

He founded Sup Forums

what's a Sup Forums?

Lol pretty sure you're trolling now. Sup Forums is the website we're currently on.

>trolling now
oh my you are slow

I'm using systemd on Gentoo and it's awesome.

Lol so you were trolling all along? Good one, you got me. lol

CIA niggers.

Here are some reasons
1. Feature creep
2. Scope creep
3. Narcissist developers
4. Needlessly complicated
5. For me at least, it breaks more often that sysvinit ever did. I use runit now.

Why do we need to keep having this thread over and over again? You already know every single piece of information both for and against systemd. If you don't (and let's face it, you do), they're a simple internet search away.

If you're asking this question, you already have your answer.

>systemd is not bad
>autists who scream botnet
Fuck off Lennart

>change fstab
>system will no longer boot as systemd shits the bed

Same guy every thread claiming he uses gentoo with systemd.

The sad thing is, these people think they're going to convince anyone to install their botnet.

We know. It's too late. The migration away from Linux has started, even (((intel))) knows the gig is up and is trying to get its filthy hands into FreeBSD development.

You don't have to compile if you don't want to. The beauty of Gentoo is you have choice in everything including which init you choose to use.

Convinced?

This happens too frequently. I really loathe how systemd has become a "standard" for businesses. It's fucking disgusting. No wonder everyone is jumping ship to FreeBSD.

>everyone jumping ship to FreeBSD
I hate systemd too, but source?

>No wonder everyone is jumping ship to FreeBSD

>No wonder everyone is jumping ship to FreeBSD.
How much do you get paid and are you looking for workers?

Nobody's jumping to freebsd on account of freebsd having fuckall support for common hardware.

Samefag

If you are too retarded to see that person is trolling, then you need to take a break from Sup Forums. I pretty much guarantee you that person does not expect other people to genuinely believe he uses systemd on gentoo except the most retarded of posters here. You literally just took his obvious bait.

Alpine > Gentoo

I use in arch too lazy to change of init, ones that I like is a runit and openrc

Same guy every thread trying to encourage and/or scare people away from using Linux. Of course he will deny this and say he uses Linux, just like he always does, but that doesn't make it true.

After some observation, here are the most powerful arguments against systemd I have seen so far

>poettering is sjw
>poettering on full damage control
>CIA nigger!
>I can't explain why it's bad, but just trust me it is.
>It's already been stated many times why it's bad (I just can't actually point to any occurrences of this)
>muh bloat (I swear this means something that can be measured objectively, I just don't know how)
>systemd has a lot of features and I hate features

This is a very real case of deliberate ignorance on your part. Or you're just being disingenuous.

cia nigger is a valid argumet

stallman actually dislikes gentoo

>fucks up fstab
>wonders why pc don't boot.

literally this

I previously believed systemd was a good piece of software, however this compelling comic changed my mind

I'll write a paper on the merits of a systemd-less system while also touching upon the positive effects diversiry in the init-game would have on the FOSS ecosystem. Give me a moment.

systemd-free .org

I am using systemd on Gentoo. I like it more than openrc.

Oh the irony.

Go ahead. Install Gentoo.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd

I am going to go back to Gentoo and I might even give System Donald a go. Right now I need new memory modules. Once that's done I'm trying it.

I'm using systemd on Gentoo.

If you can wait 6 hours I can post a screenshot of my PC running Gentoo GNU/systemd/X11/Linux.

Gentoo is not mutually exclusive with SystemD

t. gentoo+systemd user

I'm using Arch so I've switched to systemd years ago. I don't notice it at all, it just works, I don't know why this is even an issue.

>>/reddit/

>runit
>member of supervision family
>based DJB owns Poettering's wispy faggot ass as far back as 1996
this.

Alpine Linux.

>install is measured in megabytes
>option to run from USB stick or CD, store data state on drive
>current software, rarely stale
>has container and Xen options
>uses based svelte musl libc instead of faggot bloaty glibc
>OpenRC out of the box
>support for s6, use a real fucking supervisor with OpenRC
>security hardened

How can I pre-modify the extended alpine distro so I don't need to configure everything every time I launch it on a USB?

Basically a bootable USB that wipes all changes on reboot, like Tails. I can do that no problem, just no idea how to pre-modify it and keep the current changes.

kill yourself poettering

I haven't done anything like that, but couldn't you just add a bash script to the iso?

Probably but, I'm just gonna install everything, then cp -ax / /mnt/sda/alpinitramfs and rebuild the initramfs in my main system and replace it on the USB.

>Everybody jumping to bsd.
>Shill harder, dickhead.

So.
Is there anything actually wrong with systemd, or is all this noise simply bsd shills?

Actually no, I'm retarded. Alpine has a tool for making a custom initramfs. You can install it by apk add mkinitfs, but you'll need to replace it on a different system obviously so use the -o flag and copy it over.

Unaudited code
Potential backdoors
Fucks the SRP in the arse
Forced unnecessary dependencies

>Unaudited code
>Potential backdoors
FUD
>Fucks the SRP in the arse
Things that had to fucked in the ass.
>Forced unnecessary dependencies
BSD can have Gnome, so why so insecure?

suckless.org/sucks/systemd