Smart-top computer?

Why don't they replace the keyboard on a laptop with a touch surface or even a touch screen?
It would be revolutionary. Imagine if you were typing and you could flick the previous word away with a gesture. You could switch from typing to cursor control just by moving your finger like a trackpad instead of typing. It would be epic.
Am I the only one?

You're a fucking idiot.

that's fucking retarded

Yes lets get rid of the one thing that makes a laptop a laptop and make it even more annoying to type on

i can see that you are a phone poster lmfao

fuck off

Swipe technology already exists. You don't need keys to type accurately anymore. On a big screen it'd be easier to swipe too.

You need to be 18 or older to post on Sup Forums.

Faggot

There's one problem with your idea...

... typing on a touchscreen is pure cancer

@59389395
>can't rest hands on the keyboard without mashing down keys
>heavy as fuck because you're essentially carrying around two tablets
>keyscreen breaks and you're fucked

>You don't need keys to type accurately anymore
I'm a programmer goddamn right I need to type accurately

Your argument is bTFO

Tactile feedback, do you speak it

dumb macfag

Already been done

That already exists.

I don't care if Apple or Lenovo makes it, I just want it already.

It wasn't done right.

Buy a tablet....

it can never be done right fucking retard its a touchscreen

finally a keyboard you have to look at while you type

It really isn't. Good luck typing out your novel on that topkek

Shit solution and almost double the cost, the screen is one of if not the most expensive component. You now need two of them. Not to mention loss of tactile feel for typing and you would be building the biggest flop ever.

MS was going this route for the original Surface. Then they stood back and did some test research. It was universally hated and most people just said they would rather just use paper (it was designed to feel and look like a portfolio). They stepped back, scrapped the program and started from scratch.

>a speaker underneath a touchscreen
>vs a keyboard
Gee sure showed me

>>@ 's

The fuck is this meme or are you just retarded?

And op lenovo tried this garbage, nobody liked it.

I can type accurately on a tablet with the touch keyboard. You're all just stuck with baby duck syndrome.

Let's see how far ya get on Z-Type or a similar game with a touch keyboard. I can type faster than I can think or speak, and do it comfortably for that matter. Impossible on a flat, touch display.