All-in-one Pc's

So what does Sup Forums think of all in ones, are they practical? They would be pretty nice to clean up desk space.

[pic related]

Other urls found in this thread:

originpc.com/landing/2016/omni/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you don't give a shit about the specs or being ripped-off why not? They are an elegant solution for clueless codgers.

Just get a ChromeBox, or other Mini PC. Even a Rasberry Pi is better than an all in one if you're just trying to save space.

yeah a laptop that isn't portable. best of both worlds

depends if you are looking for value or nah

Surface studio looks fucking amazing

Only good if you can get a used one. Local PC recycler has i5-3570's for $280 which is pretty good.

A Mini PC attached to a TV is honestly superior in every respect to anything you would be doing on a work station. They make ChromeBoxes starting at $89 if you just want streaming + web browsing.

Some people actually want to work with their PC. You know? Personal Computing?
Good luck with a fucking TV as primary display you anime-watching piece of shit.

I suppose they're useful for businesses who need to fill a thousand cubicles with Excel/email/web browsing machines and other types of people who never upgrade their computers.

A lot of Sup Forums users mount their TVs above their desk. Also the OP wants to know if all in one workstations are a good idea, which they are not compared to box PCs.

thanks, I think I might just an intel nuc instead then.

This isn't the 90s anymore, nigger. TVs nowadays aren't the shitty pic related you still have sitting in your living room.

Kek I forgot to put get in that sentence...

They're still shit. Input lag of most models is so high that even moving your cursor around the screen feels like shit. TVs can't compete with monitors for work.

>So what does Sup Forums think of all in ones, are they practical?
Just get one of those mini-PCs with Vesa mounts on both sides, and an articulating monitor arm.

AIOs are a rip-off.

They're nice but I'd rather have something I can upgrade.

What about this OMNI by Origin it seems pretty promising [pic and link related]

originpc.com/landing/2016/omni/

You're better off getting a VESA mount that can hold an ITX computer. If you were considering using an AIO you didn't care about GPUs anyway.

>putting your computer in your monitor
>not putting your computer in your keyboard

>VESA mount that can hold an ITX computer
never seen one of these before, can you provide a link or pic pls

fucking awful.
Only place something like AIO's would be useful is in a slow-paced work environment.

I'm Head of IT for the office portion of a large factory - and the plant manager requested AIO's to save space and look tidier for the misc computers around the production areas for clocking in and out of jobs and at the supervisor desks. They're a fucking nightmare, was then asked by the Office managers about getting the same ones.
Production had them for about 6 months up to that point and have replaced 3 of the 20 or so they have that I knew of already. You can barely service them at all and they love to overheat in the warm environments running all day even not under load. I know that even since then now a few others have had screen issues.

We've started replacing them when they go bad with regular optiplexes again.
I continue to just use optiplexes for the office. Cheaper and I can fix most of the ones that go bad by swapping hardware between the ones I keep for parts.
Leaves me more budget at the end of the year to buy myself cool shit for work.

>stick computer in shit that you use all the time
>have to buy a brand new computer instead of replacing the keyboard when it wears out
10/10 fampachi

>>putting your computer in your monitor
>>not putting your computer in your keyboard
I've looked into one of these, always loved the through back design, how are they?

Rather useless, you make compromises in every area that actually matters in a computer for the sake of aesthetics, so I'd say they're universally a poor choice. That being said if all you do is use a browser and have no real expectations from your system it's probably adequate, if you care about the looks that much.

Yeah, who would ever use such a stupid design lol

Yeah, or you can plug in a regular keyboard like you would when using any other computer and keep using it if it's otherwise fine.

Not him, but I've seen one at a car dealership. It was made by Lenovo. Idk if it was ITX though, it could have been smaller.

>pay extra for a keyboard-computer
>just plug a keyboard in it lol
>1960s tech
>good design choices
I prefer to live in the current millennium.

>buy keyboard computer
>use it for 5 years until keyboard stops working
>computer is still adequate for certain tasks
>buy different keyboard and keep using it
Is your mental reach so limited?

>I prefer to live in the current millennium
Then you better stop using keyboards altogether :^)

First result on Google, desu.

thanks. I don't use google kek

Not enough that people can't - as you yourself said - work with their PC. I've used a couple different TVs as monitors plenty and have never felt any significant lag, even while gaming. For anything else it should be a non-issue.

Just a laptop attached to the back of screen at this point.

Saw the price, got a Yiynova instead and enjoy the same features for less than a 3rd of the price and can move the monitor to another computer if the current one breaks.

>it seems pretty promising
It will either be loud as shit, or throttle badly.

Flat enclosures need to use impeller fans, which are inefficient and noisy.

Plus, you're stuck with that panel for the life of the PC.

(OP)
They're nice at work when you want to save space around the office.

Yeah I also got a loo drawing monitor instead but the surface is one premium thing, way overpriced for sure but looks good and works great

I picked up a Gateway ZX4300 at a local thrift store for $15 (they thought it was a monitor). Bought a PSU for it and got a halfway decent computer out of the deal.

Biggest gripe: Upgrading sucks. If I want to swap a different processor I have to find one of AMD's low power Athlon II X2's and I'm not 100% sure if the low power X4's will work and as far as I can tell 4GB RAM is as far as I can go. I'm going to buy 8GB probably this week and see if it'll work.

Holy shit i had that exact one as a kid

Has a 6700 and fan on the fucking SSD good to me

The mother once bought one from the cable company. Had 500 GB HDD, 3 GB RAM, and some dual core CPU at like 2.2 GHz and it costed just a little over $2000. Lasted exactly one week after the warranty year and then it broke, we took it to every repair place in the city and even the official HP care center wouldn't try to fix it because they claim they're not trained for it. I salvaged the HDD and it has over 350,000 damaged sectors for some reason, but the spare works just fine. I think the mother just finished paying for it like a few months ago, because it costed like $50 a month or something; this all happened in 2011-2012. Buy one if you too desire this great experience.

I understand Dell putting the webcam on the bottom of some of their laptops, they're going for the super thin bezel design. But what the fuck is their reason here? The XPS 27 has thick enough bezels to put the webcam at the top.

>proprietary sealed water cooling loop
This is the pinnacle of throwaway consumer trash

It's a desired angle because it makes you look important. Also the back of the chair blocks the camera, making it harder for hackers to see your room.

Jack of all trades, master of none
They're also really expensive
And not very upgradeable

But if that's your thing, go for it

I know they do it for cost reasons, but it triggers me every time I go to an office, or a retail store or some other place like that and they use desktops rather than AIOs.

>1960s

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

They're nice for office use and similar, and save space. But that's about it. They're a niche market, but that's not a bad thing.

The new Macs are glorious. Of course, for $2300 it better be.

if you don't care for cost effectiveness, upgradability and performance, then sure, ok
it's a desktop that costs and performs like a laptop, but isn't portable, making them not really as good as either
if you're that pushed for space, i'd sooner recommend something like a NUC attached to the back of a monitor, at least then you can upgrade/replace more components and the screen

AIOs are garbage.

Pain in the ass to fix, pain in the ass to upgrade (RAM & HDD only, everything else is built-in), over priced, under-powered, etc.

I once had an HP AIO, dont remember the model, but bought it dirt cheap, resold the fucker cus it wasnt for gaymen.

If you dont need it for gaymen, then get one i guess.

But no bitching when it sucks ass senpai.

JUST

>oh shit it look so obvious that we are cloning the imac, what do?
>lets add some shitty speakers and call it audiophile grade! That's innovation right there! Apple haven't done it yet!

>t. mactoddler

>not having an ATX compatible aio

>not having a desktop 1080 in your aio

Why?

The way you say "The mother" is a little creepy