>similar specs
Here's your GPD Win killer right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30u0XKxlQg4
google.com/search?q=ISP LCD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>android
how can it kill the gpd win without win?

You don't need Windows when you can get Emacs on Android.

some random tablet, that doesnt have the same gamepad AND doesnt run windows?

Cool so I can run photoshop in emacs?

About as well as you can run it on GPD Win, yes.

That's a straight up lie

I don't understand, sub 100 dollar tablets have been available for years now.
I've read the review and this thing is a piece of shit.

Literally why. You can get cheaper windows tablets than that

Good to see RCA is still making VCRs :^)

Can it SSH

>those huge fucking ugly tab/status bars on top
no thanks

OP saw it at a random Kentucky walmart and thought ill post this to Sup Forums and they will say what a jammy bastard

But I can get emacs on Windows.

(OP)
>$99
where are you getting that number?

>gpd win without the win

Pretty accurate statement right there.

>GPD Win
Where are the game controls? You really don't get the point of the Win, do you?

Do you own a Win? What problems does Photoshop have on the Win? None, only limited by the size of the project.

Running Photoshop on ARM with Wine on the other hand is useless.

>10% of the vertical screen space is taken up by Androids garbage interface
0/10

>Android
>ARM
>no gaming controls
So, how do you Skyrim?

if anything you could say it's a shitty ARM competitor to the GPD Pocket

Also without Windows compatible CPU

can it run linux ? or even gnu/linux

One window of emacs open at once? I don't think it's going to kill anything. At least the Win can have several open at once, side by side.

terminal emulator + tmux + emacs
bam your argument is invalid

tmux is a terminal multiplexer, not a window, user, not to mention, with the Android UI eating away all the space, tmux is useless
so that's not even an argument

>GPD Win

>post shitty product saying it's better than X
>actually X is better and people will start to argue about it
>X is getting more attention and people see it as an actual good idea
good going Weng Dong

>X is getting more attention and people see it as an actual good idea
>implying it isn't a good idea
That thing has just one huge problem: the too high price.

just another shill thread

I don't think 300 bucks is that high for something like that. When the alternatives are no less, like the Nvidia Shield Portable or Nintendo Switch. Plus it's a full PC.

youtube.com/watch?v=30u0XKxlQg4

and that was months before it was even released

You can hide it

Its android, Just install termux and you can ssh into your server. Thats what I do with my tablet as well.

>Its android
>it's wasting 90% of the system resources by just running an ssh client

Can I install gentoo on it?

Why not, emacs is an OS like every others.

>I don't think 300 bucks is that high for something like that.
In terms of value you're probably right, however who would buy such a product, and would they spend so much money? Personally I'd buy it, but I deem it too expensive.

>When the alternatives are no less, like the Nvidia Shield Portable or Nintendo Switch.
They're not an alternatives.
>Plus it's a full PC.
Productivity wise, it's useless.

Don't get me wrong, it's the ultimate emulator machine, and I'd buy it if I had neetbux to burn, but it fills such a small niche at such a high price it's just not worth it, although it's probably a better purchase than a Switch.

>Productivity wise, it's useless.
>Don't get me wrong, it's the ultimate emulator machine
I thought this role was taken by Pandora/Pyra?

What good portable hardware I can have, productivity wise?

You deem it too expensive does not mean others do. For some it's worth the money.

Exactly, right now we don't have as powerful UMPC alternatives especially with gaming options like that.

You won't use it for work productivity, unless it's something really quick and easy to do, but browsing and music/movies are still great addition to just being a gaming device.

It is the best emulation handheld we have, true.

Pyra, God whenever it comes out, isn't nearly as powerful. Same like the DX, better battery life but that's it.

I doubt even the quality of the Pyra would be any better, like the Pandora, quality wise it's bad and it's extremely outdated now.

I think the Pocket will try to be as good as a productivity device that size can be, not really a good idea though, for productivity, just get a small laptop.

>Pandora
It's shit.
>Pyra
Not released yet, and will cost a minimum of 60% more than the gpd win.

I don't know who wants to spend $300 for a portable emulator machine, the people who would spend $500 to $700 must be even less.

>It's wasting 90% of system resources
What did she mean by this?

This, it's crazy, the Pyra will be like 600 bucks.

You can single-cable dock it with a USB-C hub for getting real work done. Gpd win supports video over its USB C connector

only the text editor is a little bit shitty...

That's a good idea, it does support those USB/HDMI/Charging dongles over USB-C. Easy way to make it a full fetched desktop or connect to a TV (also has mini HDMI on it already though).

>I don't know who wants to spend $300 for a portable emulator machine
I did... I really like it though, for emulation and some PC games, okay shitposting machine also with thumb typing.

Is there anything like that but without joysticks and such?

>it's probably a better purchase than a Switch.
Switch is going to get the latest Nintendo IPs. gdpoo win is going to get 10 year old games that you can already emulate on your laptop. One of them does something that 5 of your existing devices don't already do better. I wonder what's the better purchase.

Is it as good as (((youtubers'))) reviews say? Can you tell me what are its flaws?

They are working on the Pocket.

Not really my cup of tea, I like it specially for gaming.

We get it, you don't get the point of the device and have no need for it.
You don't even know anything about it or it capabilities, as you obviously showed us with your post.

As far as the Switch goes, it won't have any library until fall, until that it's obviously the worse purchase.

Not to mention you can't really compare the two, because the Win literary is for doing the things your big boy PCs already do better, but on the go or in bed.

I has a better experience than most of the reviews made it seem, probably because I mostly got it for the things it's strong in.

Flaws? Shit chink QC, it's a lottery to get a good unit, I didn't have any problems with that but I know it's a big thing.
Else, probably controls take getting used to and if you aren't really tech savvy, the configuration can be frustrating I guess?

Otherwise, I can't complain because it does exactly what I wanted from it.

Revision 2 also fixed heating issues, better feeling controls, very responsive polling rate and plastic and other crashing related bugs, what have been the main concerns of people.

Bummer. There is chink pocketchip but I want a GPD/Pandora-like design, not a full blown brick.

>Switch is going to get the latest Nintendo IPs
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>gdpoo win is going to get 10 year old games
No, it's going to get all the PC games and all the emulated games that can run on it: Nintendo can't compete, also because the gpd can emulate everything up to the DS (still waiting for that 3DS emulator, dammit).
>that you can already emulate on your laptop.
Any laptop isn't as portable as a handheld device, and any other handheld lack the gamepad and the windows platform.

>I wonder what's the better purchase.
The Switch is an extremely limited machine, with extremely bad design, riddled with extremely severe flaws, and still doesn't have a decent game lineup.
If you want to play games on the go, for $300 you'd really better buy the gpd.

Can the GDP win run Photoshop with no issues?

Switch is for people who want that exact Nintendo gaming experience, right out of the box, without any extra knowledge of technology.

Also, you can't compare the two, they are for different markets and things, sure it's mostly gaming, but the way you do it it's entirely different. Not to mention, the Win is a PC.

Yes, perfectly, with all the OpenCL and GPU acceleration shit.

it's shit

literally the GPD XD
>inb4 fuck off with your XD

Kek XD

>:(

>Any laptop isn't as portable as a handheld device, and any other handheld lack the gamepad and the windows platform.
Obviously that's the exact point of the device, that's why it exists, it literally is a small laptop with a gamepad.

Saying it shouldn't exist is like saying why we need small efficient cars if fast gas hungry ones exist.

I red the Pyra forums the other day, when GPD Win was announced, they where all in denail, saying it can't be done or it won't be successful, nor be able to deliver in such a short time

Now you know what standards the Pandora/Pyra faggots have.

More like what standards they don't have.
What we have in UMPC dep today? Only GPD is worthwhile?

GPD with it's Pocket is probably the closest real UMPC we will have right now.

166$
HDD 32GB
ISP LCD 9' HD
Intel Atom Z3735F ,soket UTFCBGA592, 1,33GHz/,2M Cache, up to 1.83 GHz , Quad Core
+keyboard
windows 10

2GB RAM

>ISP LCD
They reuse LCDs from old Internet Service Provider computers?

google.com/search?q=ISP LCD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

It's IPS doofus, not ISP

is there a true gps android tablet for offline car navigation? Preferrably 10inch. My grandpa used the shit out of his previous chink 7 inch one.

Well suck my dick and lick my asshole, you're right and I've made a mistake!

No biggie, that's what the joke was about. Pointing out the mistake.

Can it play x265 1080p mkv? Without shitting itself?

Gonna let you know in a few minuts.

Yup, fine, tried several samples. Different bitrates.

1080p x265 mkv's

Thank you based user.

I just checked, it has hardware decoding for it up to 4k×2k/30p

>gdpoo win is going to get
It's not going to get anything, it is a PC, you don't specifically do ports for PCs, you do them for all of them.

Nobody is asking developers to focus on one device.

What's the ... point?

I owned one of those 10.1" Asus eee PC's back in the day. It was alright for bringing along to watch movies on trains and doing very basic things while travelling. The keyboard was a bit too small but (barely) usable.

7" just seems way to small for something with a keyboard. I'd quite frankly rather have a 6" phone and a USB keyboard or a 10" or 13" laptop.

So you can plug it up basically any screen and play movies without issues. That's nice.

>Writing (OP) manually

Lmao d00d u new normie get out

(You)

Pretty much has every possible hardware decoding format covered, so yeah. The CPU/GPU ain't that old.

>Pajeetware

Fuck off.

If you mean window as emacs refers to windows, that should work fine. If you mean windows as literally everybody else refers to windows, emacs calls them frames, and you really don't need more than one because you can have multiple windows inside emacs

No!

Android, pls go bak to india

Can the GPD Win run Dolphin Emu at enough speed?

I would buy one if it can

Yes, I have had no problems with any GameCube games, for Wii games it depends per game, like, Smash Brawl could drop frames if there are 4 characters on the screen but works perfectly fine with 2 but Mario Bros Wii works perfectly all the time.

This thing is fuck ugly. Can you imagine if they copied the Macbook Pro design in this form factor? It would be awesome. They did everything wrong here, though. Why can't the chinks get it right?

>sleek aluminum design
>decent keyboard layout
>decent hinge
>decent display

There must be a market for half-decent low-power machines in this form factor. Hell, if those little atom Windows tablets can get 8 hours of battery life, they can absolutely stuff some batteries under the kb and keep it thin and sleek and get even more.

What are you talking about? This thing is literary copying Apple as hard as they can. It's only missing the logo.

It's like a mixture of a macbook and thinkpad

you have really poor eyesight or some kind of strange problem with spacial awareness and relative proportions/etc if you really believe that

Every single requirement you listed in your post significantly increase production costs for no significant benefit.

tell me how could it resemble a macbook more? by being more rounded? well fuck it's physically impossible to fit anything inside it then at this size

>significantly increase production costs for no significant benefit
how about selling a significantly better product at a somewhat higher price...?

What? It already has a aluminium body and hinge, the display is 1200p IPS, it's higher DPI than any actual MacBook or iPhone

Event he keyboard isn't the flattest clicket keyboard it could be

and yet it manages to look like total shit, just like every other half-assed mac clone out there. All I'm asking for is for someone to whole-ass it instead of half-assing it. Or just do something else and produce a decent-looking thing.

>Macbook Pro
It's literally a MacBook Pro, the flip hinge, aluminium body and those corners. I think you meant to say like an MacBook Air?

>$600

lmfao