IOS's 'update your device' pop-up adware is driving me mad

I'll never buy another iPhone (goes without saying), but I'm in the shit, so how do I deal with it?

Should I update my iPhone?

Unless you're a jailbreakfag, there's literally no good reason not to.

Except the performance hit that leads you into thinking you need a new device after 6 months.

>iPhone
Found your problem.

Is this real or just a meme?

It's a meme, I run iOS 10 on my iPhone 5 just fine.

>iPhone
You've made your bed, now sleep in it

It's real
They're not slowing the 5 down too much just yet that would be blatant

>be me
>have iPhone 6
>just using my phone as normal
>screen suddenly turns black
>through testing realize the display is broken but the phone itself it still on and functioning properly
>maybe display got disconnected from logic board idk
>bring to Apple Store
>not memeing, I am greeted by balding, overweight, pot-bellied, patchy-bearded, numales with hipster glasses who tell me to wait at a table for assistance
>after half an hour another numale employee says hello, gives a cursory glance to my phone, performs a hard reset, then hands it back
>tells me the only solution to this problem is to buy another iPhone 6 or upgrade to the iPhone 7
>wtf
>just fucking get up and leave
>go home and order new screen/display
>going to replace it myself now

Apple is for Cucks

>things that never happened

What about my story is unbelievable?

Everything I said is true. How much money are they paying you to shill your shitty products on this Online Mongolian Fishing Message board?

>It's real

Prove it or else go wear your tinfoil hat somewhere else

besides if you can't afford a new smartphone once every year or two you should probably rethink your life choices

kek

so turn off the notification you dumb nigger

tim cook wouldn't allow it

>thinking you need a new device after 6 months
>It's real
>They're not slowing the 5 down too much just yet that would be blatant
iphone 5 was released in 2012

make up your fucking mind

That's not how the check in process works, and i highly doubt that all the employee did was a hard reset. Nice try though, you probably convinced some retard.

t. TS/FRS

Yeah sorry man, your store/company SUCKS

A numale redirects me to a table where another numale shows up an hour later then does jack shit to try and diagnose my phone's problems, and literally tells me the solution is to upgrade.

Sorry pal, I'm ACTUALLY technologically competent, I'm going to replace the screen myself at a cost of $40.

Good on ya.

Not him but my g4 lasts less than my 5 both fully charged when im selling ahegao drugs to your waifu.

Don't update, just install tvOS beta profile, it will still check for updates periodically but the badge and popup will disappear because it will find none fit for your device.

is right. I work at an Apple PSP, and this is not how it works. Even if you're well out of warranty and you've done some really dumb shit that's entirely your fault, the cost of a whole-unit replacement is generally less than buying a whole new phone.

And re: replacing your screen, go right ahead, but Apple will probably refuse you service next time you have a legitimate problem if you do.

It's not real. I used an iPhone 4S for a week in 2016, it was pretty goddamn respectable for something that's literally from 2011. Two of my wife's sisters have the 5S, too, and I hear no complaints from them, despite it being from four years ago.

It's complete nonsense. I have an iphone 5s and it's running absolutely fine on the latest version.

Thinking further on this, I think one or more of the following things happened here:

1) You drew an idiot who wasn't doing his job right. Those exist, even at Apple.

2) They suggested an upgrade because it was a good idea for other reasons, including the possibility of Touch Disease occurring in the future.