Ok here's the gist Sup Forums

Ok here's the gist Sup Forums.
My ping sits at about 75 when playing games. If someone in my household goes on youtube, it goes over 1000. This has been happening since like December 2015. It never used to happen before even with 9+ devices.

Please help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

tnhh.net/mobile/posts/bufferbloat-in-laymans-terms.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, get your own place.

If you can't, then you're not 18, so

Alright then cunt, why's it a stupid question?

Also living at home saves a lot of money.

Swearing won't make you look older.

It's a stupid question because the answer is simple: your internet connection sucks.

Go talk to your isp, not Sup Forums

I know Sup Forums is Reddit 2, but still. And please tell me, why did my internet get shit suddenly?

>Go talk to your isp,

>i did

That's not how greentexting works.

Lemme guess, you think its just for quotes dont you?

welp less than 10 posts and the retard op is already calling people redditors

Sup Forums is for posting loonix pictures with anime wallpapers.

No, but I know that a two word "story" is not a reason to use it.

Flash your router firmware with something useful like ddwrt or openwrt. Then enable QoS with your gaymen host in top priority.

Run a speedtest and set your up/down limit 80-90% max so your router has a bit of comfy overhead to work with.

Ok you must be joking otherwise you really are reddit/newfag

Neither are compatible (Linksys xac1200)

Maybe see if Tomato can run on it?

The default firmware might have QoS. can't speak of its performance though - ive heard that stock QoS usually is pretty shitty. Worth a shot.

Your default firmware should have QoS, too.

Wait, so he lives at home and you're telling him to put new firmware on his parents router?
imokwiththis.jpg

QoS

Doesnt everybody here brick daddys router ?

what internet speeds?

Wtf is that in the background left side

>spots the ghost of stalin

You would need to show ping, pathping/mtr, dnstracer, etc to show at what hop your ping spikes.

Look at this reply

What you're describing is called bufferbloat

tnhh.net/mobile/posts/bufferbloat-in-laymans-terms.html

Tomato runs on kernel 2.6 or some ancient shit and doesn't have SQM QoS which is a zero-tuning type of QoS. Get a router with LEDE or OpenWRT (or at least, something that runs DD-WRT on kernel 3.0+, not everything does).

If you didn't have any problems before, you should consider the following steps.

Reset the modem to factory settings, usually by using a pin/needle to push in a recessed button on the modem for about 60 seconds (check manual to be sure)
If you have a seperate router behind the modem, reset that too.
Check speeds and ping when connected with ethernet.

If it didn't work, you might try replacing the cable that runs to your ISRA/AOP/whatever they call it, the cable that runs to the box or connector that the modem is attached to.

If that doesn't work, call ISP, they might have to replace your modem/connection point in the house or test to see (and fix) if the problem is caused by some of their network infrastructure outside of your residence.

Fuck all those fags who insist that DDWRT is the fix to everything.