Reminder that AMD, Intel AND NVIDIA are a cartel of Desktop Patent hogs

You pretend to play war with your "favorite company" like school children and don't realize you are being played. All those three hog the GPU and CPU patents for decades. They don't let anyone in unless they pay gigantic fees.

seekingalpha.com/article/4042991-intel-amd-join-forces

The best proof is that EVEN AMONGST THEMSELVES they do the same. In order for any of the three to use anything the other did, they kiss ass to each other.

If Samsung or other big players were allowed to use Desktop IP/Patents freely (both x86_64 and latest discreet GPUs included) you'd see prices like 50% lower.

Stop being played.

Oh woow, corporations are using the laws that goverments so kindly provide for them to their advantage.

You know who's playing you? It's not Intel, it's not Nvidia and it's not AMD. It's the fucking government who enforce and write patent laws. If patents and copyright didn't exist, this wouldn't be a problem but I bet you'll start whinging and be like "teh starving artists" whenever someone brings that up.

Then stop playing school children with "favorite companies".

>more than 1 hour with no response

Looks like these Sup Forumsir/g/ins fanbois are sure silent now

What are great rape face

These three companies have been in the industry from the start (or bought companies who have) and they invented this technology.

They share because its mutually beneficial, they charge obseen amount to 3rd parties because those 3rd parties have contributed nothing.

>obseen

This is not an issue of governments in general. It's an issue of governments that have too much corporate influence over them.

>they invented this technology
you are a gullible stupid idiot

The war between the 2 coffee brands in deus ex invisible war is literally AMD vs nvidia, check it out its ridiculous

In the end they're owned by the same guy. How else would he be raising his prices if not by faking concurrence? They want you to fight this war solely for visibility

>faking concurrence

The English word is competition. Concurrence is pretty close to the opposite.
German / Czech / Polish?

No you fucking dumb cunt. Nobody gives a fuck about the starving artists.

The actual response will be "What about the starving corporations? They're people too and they worked hard to be innovators and leaders. They need patents to protect their investments".

You're deluded if you think artists and content creators are what is stopping patent and copyright reform. It's businesses that can monetize this shit that are stopping it.

It's an all around shitty situation and there's not much anyone can do about it. Even if one of the companies wanted to license out their IP they might trigger a patent dispute with the other companies. The situation favors doing nothing at all indefinitely, at least until the patents expire. Good news is patents expire in 15-20 years.

Russian probably, russians have adopted the wrong meaning as with many other words like "treat" (adopted as "treat badly").

It's funny how AMDrones always inevitably say you should buy AMD products even if they have lower performance because Intel are Jews and what not and you're supporting an evil monopoly by supporting Intel. Yet nobody says you should support VIA for the same reason.

The entertainment industry is the one who rips off artists using copyright laws.

They rip off the public in general by preventing works from going into the public domain.

x86 must die in a fire, not because of the ISA itself. The ecosystem around it is what keeps us from going forward.

I'm sure they'll come up with some patentable extension by then that Microsoft will make Windows depend on.

So what do you suggest we do? Do we just boycott everyone?

We unite and fab our own CPUs with open-source ISAs.

So you're saying God or the third party invented 3d graphics?

Ok, no problem, I'll get right on it as soon as I write my graphics tablet driver.

hmu on facebook so we can discuss it further

Even if they "invented" the ASICs that doesn't mean they're entitled to owning the idea of them indefinitely. Patents and copyrights are meant to expire so everyone can benefit from them.

Both patents and copyrights were created with the idea that the owner would license their works out to people so that the public could enjoy them and benefit from them. Patents are actually being used for the exact opposite purpose now. Companies are just stockpiling them and using them as a method to deter lawsuits from other companies who also have huge stockpiles of patents. It's actually stifling innovation not helping.

Here's a little-known fact! After Silicon Graphics imploded, (after making the N64's CPU along with NEC,) Nintendo went to a company named ArtX to develop the Gamecube's CPU because ArtX consisted of former SGI employees who worked on the N64. ArtX was eventually bought by ATI, and ATI was eventually bought by AMD.

That's the most fun fact I've read all day, interesting

hence AMD are the real jews.
QED Ipso Facto Ergo

"and don't realize you are being played."

How am I being played when I buy the cheapest computer processor for the performance?

The manchildren that pretend they have a "favorite company" are being played because they shill for them for free.