Telegram is beta testing voice calling functionality, now open to the public

>It appears as though Telegram will launch call functionality in the near future, possibly in the next update. Screenshots distributed online reveal quite a bit about the things users can control with Telegram calls.

>The first notable call setting is the ability to control just who can call you. Because Telegram allows you to connect with strangers via usernames - unlike WhatsApp which requires you to share a phone number - Telegram users may not want everyone to be able to ring them. Users can either allow everyone to call them, permit calls only from those on their contact lists, or simply block all incoming calls. There is also an option for blocking individual users from calling.

>The other notable aspect to Telegram calls is the ability to verify that a call is encrypted. Telegram generates an image and text string which can be compared with the image and text generated on the other user’s device. If they’re the same then end-to-end encryption is guaranteed.

>The calling functionality can be tested by Android users running the latest beta release of Telegram. The menu item to make calls is hidden by default but following this guide (Telegram required) will detail how to enable calls that you can experiment with on a test server.

neowin.net/news/telegram-is-testing-out-voice-calling-functionality

Is this going to trigger a lot of people on Sup Forums since so many of you have crippling social anxiety and would rather communicate with another human being via text?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Server
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Signal already does that and doesn't have shit security

More people on Sup Forums use Telegram, I'd bet.

More people on Sup Forums probably use windows 10. People are morons who just like to come on here and shitpost

It's irrelevant because normies refuse to use anything other than Facebook Messenger.

They also use Whatsapp and Telegram is basically the same thing so...

Windows 10 > Loonix

If only someone used it.

Telegram is easily one of the most popular IM services on Sup Forums

>one of the most popular IM services on Sup Forums
>implying that means something in the real world

>having friends who don't have Sup Forums values

Not true anymore

Which just shows what retarded lemmings Sup Forumstards are. Telegram is one of the worst designed "security" apps around. You'd probably be better off just using whatsapp

but telegram isn't a "security app", it is chat app, for people, not for muhsecurity retards

But that's supposedly a big reason to use it. Otherwise there's apps with better functionality and way more users

>but telegram isn't a "security app"

Yes it is. Their tentpole features are security-focused and this new calling feature is "encrypted" with pass phrases on each calling screen.

Ugh that pic

>Telegram is easily one of the most popular IM services on Sup Forums

sad but true

I'm excited, i met my current girlfriend in a Telegram group chat desu

>you will never meet a girlfriend on irc chatroom because women are too dumb for that

but do whatsapp or signal have memetacular sticker packs? I think not

Wire > Everything.

>these people outside "email" circle

You beat that video game yet? Get your homework done.

My job is to literally look at Islamic State telegram accounts for a security corp
Its about to get alot shittier.

Thanks to phones now you can use yoyr simcard phone # as way more secure email service.

Sad

FSB
S
B

I use signal and windows 7. What am I?

Signal is run on propriatry middleman servers fag,it the same was telegram

Wrong.

github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Server

The text server is open source. The calling isn't

get a real job

implying the one they run isnt modified