Dropbox are disabling all public folders tomorrow

Dropbox are disabling all public folders tomorrow.

Is there anyway to list or download all the files in a public folder from a link to a single file? Got alot of shit to backup

inb4 massive shitstorm tomorrow

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/help/16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Massive if authentic

>Dropbox are disabling all public folders tomorrow.
link plox

what does that mean?

Wasn't this just limiting direct linking so the poors would stop using Dropbox to host websites? Or is this something else?

you can still use a shared link to share a folder.

apparently "public folders" haven't been available to new members for 5 years. I don't even know what they are.

things like this made me stop using it gradually over the years. I dont know why i still have it, its useless when you have syncthing, an http server, and a puvlic folfer on said server synced through syncthing. comfiest all-powerful setup ever

*public folder

dropbox.com/help/16

>As of March 15, 2017 the Public folder in your Dropbox account will be converted into a standard folder. By default this folder is private to your account. This transition will occur automatically.

I have a client that has sent me alot of data through his old public folder.
Is there anyway to list or download everything in a public folder?

I'm fucked if not.

I believe you're fucked because isn't bulk dowload the reason to cancel public folders?

Is there anyway to find all the files in a public folder before tomorrow?

>Dropbox are disabling all public folders tomorrow.

What the fuck, why?

>not using Pcloud
cmon son

>2GB
Who gives a fuck?
Fuck 'em!

Wait, it's still only 2GB?

Yea.
They make you suck a bunch of cock to get more.

Because they're losing money

Dropbox is making the most money from the cloud storage crap and has been, they were hurt when onedrive and google drive started to grow.
Now they are probably hit with piracy claims and since they don't want to loose a single penny they're doing their tantrum.
I honestly don't think dropbox deserves it's place and should fade a away.

I used Dropbox since it started.

I have one of these folders that will get killed tmrw :(! ... This doesn't actually effect a lot of people i believe.

What they actually mean by that is that people with these folders can directly link to the content.

For example with these "shared" folders you get directed to the dropbox website but i could link a picture straight from my public folder just like an imgur link.

Fuck you, you cuck!
And fuck dropbox with their pity 2GB, fuck them in the ass.
I had a small 2GB stick, I thew it away, it's 2017 bitch!

Is this service legit? I need to work with something that allows file revisions and back shit up as I ctr-s

Meanwhile chinks been giving away 10 TB of cloud space for Android/iPhone activation few years ago...

Chinks, russians, Polaks, even Americans from 100GB-250GB-1TB-10TBs

*is

Yeah. There is some sort of file versioning, although I haven't worked with it too much.

Just have them send a new link to the folder. Instead of downloading the file directly, I'd assume you'll just get the standard download page that will let you either view or download the files in question.

It's not the end of the world.