/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4
>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/192123103449
thewatchsite.com/12-reference-articles-faq-model-guides/136-seiko-branding-dictionary.html
holbensfinewatchbands.com/eulit-kristall-woven-nylon-perlon-blue/
helgray.com/collections/watches/products/brigadier-automatic
jacques-lemans.com/shop/5662/london-1-1844
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for someone be my 6106-8660 brother.

No, get mechanical you son of a bitch,
>get mechanical

w-wat?

Are you retarded or only pretending?

next for fuck off ninefag

Second for huge quartz shitters!

What's a 5actus?

>Wear it in good health!
>Daily driver
>Mine says hello!
>I'm feeding my addiction xD

I like his OP pictures more, though...

I love my brand new NATO STRAPPE

thewatchsite.com/12-reference-articles-faq-model-guides/136-seiko-branding-dictionary.html

Sporty JDM Seikos from the 70's. 5 Actus is a watch that's both from the Actus line and the Seiko 5 line.

(you)

>dressing down
>"Early graduation present to myself"
>Speedmaster Tuesday
>"My first proper luxury watch! It's a Hamilton!"

I have a jap-only Seiko that has the day and date. It looks like a datejust kinda.

I have a Orient dive watch that's the USA special. I got it in blue, and dig it.

I *want* a datejust, but can't decide if I should get 36mm for my girlish wrists and lower price, or the datejust II for modern look. I can't afford the datejust 41 and I don't like two tone on me anyway.

The subject brings up concerns about whether a datejust is too dresssy for the clothes I wear on the daily, which are something around chinos and polo shirts.

I just like that fucking watch, tho

Nice blog

Post pictures of your Seiko, also 36mm datejust will look classier than some bulky dud. It should be discreet

Notice the differnce with these?

First for your watch moving farther away from you in the mail

>First for your watch moving farther away from you in the mail
>First
>1st!

>clock
>its not synchronized with worldwide atomic clocks at all times

Worthless.

It's literally never important for a human to know the exact time. If your watch is accurate enough you don't miss your buss, it's accurate enough.

Go die in your basement where you apparently never leave.

>Don't listen to the haters
>I know Invicta isn't well regarded on here, but...

I fell for yet another meme and it's breddy gud :-DDD

>"My first proper watch! It's a Timex!"

fuck off ninefag

Aay fellow randstad bra, what you ordering?

>save up for a submariner
>or blow $1000 on a shitter dive watch

can you get good iconic dive watches for $1000 even?

I C O N I C
C
O
N
I
C

Depends on what you mean by iconic. There are certainly good dive watches under a kilobuck.

So I was regulating my 7s26 and accidentally prodded the hairspring, it stopped, then I budged it and it started to work again. Watch is about -3spd now, have the horological gods spared me?

What is your wrist size?

That's not a pic of my wrist, just saiyan.

Regardless, about 6.5".

6.3' wristlet here

Like these?

No. Ones like the previous /wt/ >

Oh i was going to say it fit you well but now i will not say that.

I'm wondering if the Seagull 1963 could look good on a blue perlon...

holbensfinewatchbands.com/eulit-kristall-woven-nylon-perlon-blue/

The seaforth ain't out yet m8.

It's actually on the smaller side for a modern dive watch. 41mm diameter, 12mm thick including the crystal, which means the case itself is around 9-10mm thick.

Isn't the Oris 65 under $1000?
Or a used Longines Legend Diver should be slightly above that.

>Isn't the Oris 65 under $1000?

Used maybe, but brand new it's around $1800 iirc.

Anyone have a Bonetto Cinturini? Is it comfortable?

But i want it so bad

Same m8, mid-april is shaping up to be when you can throw your cash away for one.

Are there any a black divers with a black dial and blue on the hands/words like the Steinhart?

Bonus points for non-literally-who brands.

Are you going to actually dive with that submariner?

If so get a Ray or

Oh dang
I don't know what watch I was thinking about then

the datejust is a dressy sports watch. get one with an Oyster bracelet if you are worried about it looking dressy, or a distressed leather strap. You can also get a smooth bezel if it makes it seem more casual to you

36mm is the definative size of a datejust, don't get a gigantic fuck watch just because that has been the style

Best divers in the 38mm range?

Does such a thing exist?

Yeah bro you will be much happier with some literally who ETA shitter or a boring as fuck Seiko than you would getting a Submariner.

skx013

Anyone? It has a decent condition movement and the original bracelet. All you have to do is bid above $60 and it's yours.

Someone please save me from my stupidity ;^(

Orient Mako?

I need a cookie cutter digital watch for outdoor recreation budget 60 USD any recommendations?

What does /wt/ think of Helgray? I think their military and Le Mans watches look nice, the others not that much.

Pic: helgray.com/collections/watches/products/brigadier-automatic

Timex/Casio

gshock

ayy

The Silverstone was nice, especially the green one. I'm not really into any of their other stuff though

Too bad everything they make apart from the Brigadier have quartz movements...

Dw5600

Fuck no

Fuck me that looks like something you'd get from aliexpress for about $7

>Suwa Seikosha
No thanks.

What's your stupidity? What is this watch?

>Boring
>Seiko diver
Have you actually seen their diver line-up? Boring is not exactly the word that would come to mind.

Is the popularity of divers watches online mainly an american thing? Couldn't ever imagine anyone in the UK wearing something so vulgar and gross. Complete lack of subtlety and doesn't even really work as a proper outdoors watch as a chronograph either.

thinking of getting myself an alpinist y/n?

N

why not

>Brits are refined and classy
Have you ever actually been to the uk? Because it sounds like you're juste memeing

>Couldn't ever imagine anyone in the UK wearing something so vulgar and gross.

You guys have chavs, and white trash wearing oversized monstrosities is a world wide thing.

>oversized monstrosities

But that's Russia

Do people complain about how much your breath stinks? Because that is some shit taste you have.

How big are your wrists ?

6.5 inches

150€ at their site jacques-lemans.com/shop/5662/london-1-1844

This is pretty good bait

Guessing from your reactions I'm right then. Working class people don't wear watches at all, let alone obscure brand divers watches, too busy spunking their money on baby clothes for their multiple offspring. For anyone who would actually spend more than £100 on a watch (aside from footballers or whatever) something that chunky would completely stick out as lacking any sort of subtlety and look like an impulsive teenager trying to stand out too hard.

>something that chunky
Most divers are around 40mm. Close up internet pictures are skewing your perception

It's the proportions that make it look that way, the huge size of the bezel and hands compared to the dial, however small the actual diameter.

How do the grand seiko divers compare to other swiss divers at that price range?

fuck off ninefag

The large bezel makes the dial smaller which makes it wear smaller. Have you ever even seen one in real life or have you just been too busy being so classy and cultured?

I already won this exact same watch on another bid. Even though this is in better condition, what am I going to do with two of the exact same watches?

Just go and bid on it m8, it has the same movement as in Martin Sheen's Seiko, only day-date instead of date. It also hacks.

Most of the popularity of divers are because of James Bond.

Also even Prince William wears a Seamaster Pro.

>Time left: 45 minutes
tick tock

You know what would be the right tool to measure some poor guys remaining time to be bailed out of a dumb decision? You guessed it, a 6106 Seiko! 1975, JDM, Jap date wheel, original bracelet, stunning dial, what's not to like?

All for a measly $60.30 + shipping.

fuck off ninegag

fuck off ninefag (ilove you)

>implying Ninefag has this good taste
He'd probably obtain the worst aesthetic shitter of the entire 70's Seiko lineup.

>dat feiko
what a shit taste indeed

> Condition: Used, it runs well, + - 1 or 2 minutes a day.
Not even a faceted crystal.

lmao you can just say you dont wanna pay or some shit u dumb cunt, stop spamming the threads

Bidding is a binding contract doe. It's a bitch to back out of it, and it's gonna be visible on your record.

Y

just make some shit up about how you miscalculated shipping or some shit. i've done it twice before and never had any problems or had it show up on my feedback page.