Every motherboard is out of fucking stock? What am I supposed to do here?

Every motherboard is out of fucking stock? What am I supposed to do here?

Wasn't this chip supposed to be a flop?

Intel advised the the motherboard manufacturers to not bother making very many mobos for Ryzen, and here we are.

At least you had them in stock at some point. We didn't have even a single board here, CPUs sold out anyway though.

To me it's interesting that the low-end mobos also went out of stock since the lowest end Ryzen part is like $350

is ryzen any good?

Clever people got them, they are no different from high end boards besides minor details(yes RAM OC works the same on all of them). even VRM are irrelevant because it doesn't draw that much power anyway even under OC

NO BUY INTEL

Prebuilds are sitting on shelves collecting dust.

Most people don't care about overclocking and nonsense like motherboard Wifi

Yes, but you'd better wait until they iron out most of the bugs.

>ryzen

serious answer: depends on pricing in your region if you get it for gaming

it would cost you somewhat the same as i5K setup

Yes.
Not the intel killer that it was hyped to be, but it's good.
The R7s are the competitors to the intel super-high end, and in that regard it's a wash, intel is destroyed.

But for the mid-high typical enthusiast range, the R5 seems to be more interesting a segment. We'll see if they can get clockspeeds up on the R3s and R5s. If they can, it really will be an intel killer.

>iron out most of the bugs.
Can they even do that? I mean, they're already selling it.

I'd rather have a burger than a beef.

They are literally selling ONLY octacores (stock Zeppelin die with all the cores enabled) to iron out most of the bugs.

don't they do that regardless what's inside?
pre builts sales slowed down considerably recent couple years, it's either people get techsavy or people learned to count
probably the latter

pleb

>If they can, it really will be an intel killer.
I hope so. Intel's anticonsumer and anticompetition practics can go die in a fire.

I haven't been to a store where prebuilds AREN'T collecting dust in the last 10 years.
ODM's seriously overestimate how much people actually buy their $300 CPU, $200 RAM and $70 GPU garbage.

>why don't people believe me when I say Ryzen will Kill AMD, do you know how much Cray, Cisco, ICANN and folks care about gaming!

It's twice as hilarious considering Intel has NO answers to Naples which is silly. They were literally sitting their asses.

To be honest it's not looking good though. The 1800X is not a good overclocker, which is a bad sign for the clockspeeds of the lowest chips.
Still, binning an 8 core is pretty hard.
Binning a 6 or 4 core is substantially easier. when binning you get a statistical distribution of silicon quality, and the bell curve means you'd have a lot of CPUs that have 4 cores that work great but 4 that are garbage.

No Ryzen chips will clock past 4.2 reliably. That's the nature of process AMD used to make Ryzen.

Silicon replacement when?