Ryzen BSOD

So I fell for the ryzen meme and went and got myself a 1700, things were going great at first until i realized that about 30 minutes into any game I play my pc will go to the blue screen of death, i have already reinstalled the entire operating system, reset the bios, using no overclock etc.. should i give up and buy an intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/36-Pin-Parallel-Printer-Adapter-Cable/dp/B002YDJJY4
youtube.com/watch?v=_GxC4kKD9qA
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-7-have-a-temperature-20-degree-c-reporting-offset.html
support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 10 - 64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>doesn't mention his temperatures
>doesn't mention whether he checked his cooler is set up properly and what he uses
>doesn't mention which specific OS he uses
>doesn't mention any driver updates or versions

Have you installed latest bios? The current bios you get out of box is pretty fucked.

yes bios is latest version for the ASUS b350-a
temperatures aren't going over 70c while gaming, stock cooler, cooler is fine, on windows 10 with latest updates

Faulty RAM or graphics card?

>compare Ryzen vs closest Intel 8 core equivalent
>Intel CPU's are such beasts that their TDP's are twice as big as Ryzen equivalents
>go for the glorious Intel
>house burns down

IT WAS WORTH IT!™©

Ryzen is a workstation/server CPU.

Getting it for gaming was stupid and you deserve this.

I used the gpu with my last build it was fine, did memtest for my ram, no errors

you're probably right but the hype was strong and they did market it to gamers so i don't really think i deserve it

An i5 6th or 7th gen was enough for gaming m8

If you knew anything about gaming, you would know that games care about GPU's and not CPU's, and that wasting money on CPU's is the sign of a retard.

It wasn't marketed to gamers, but to underage retards who don't understand how games allocate resources these days and don't know what the hardware acceleration button does.

Yeah i was real close to getting a 7600k but thought the 1700 would be more future proofed.

My network device stopped working after the last BSOD so i'm restoring windows to a restore point i created yesterday

Well that's simply not true at all, I'm using the same gpu as my last build and ryzen IS getting better frames per second when it decides to work

>comes to Sup Forums for tech support
>"should i give up and buy an intel"

Yes user, buy intel and go away.

It gets better frames per second to such an extant that you couldn't pinpoint it visually if you had the eyes of a hawk.
GPU's are where the real shit is done.
The few games that truly depend on CPU's like Dwarf Fort and such shit care only about clock rate and cache, but don't give a shit about core count.
If you bought a better GPU instead of upgrading a CPU, you would have been more "future-proof".
No, even switching a game install to an SSD is better than upgrading CPU's since the i5 days.

What has that do with anything he said, you fucking moron?

>CPU stops functioning after half an hour under load
>'b-but it's okay because games care about GPU's and not CPU's!'

How fucking stupid can you get?

As for OP, if what you say is true, then you'll probably have to RMA it, because it's fucked.

Run prime and see if that kills it. Sounds more like a psu or motherboard failure.

>As for OP, if what you say is true, then you'll probably have to RMA it, because it's fucked.

sad but I think you're right

>Run prime and see if that kills it. Sounds more like a psu or motherboard failure.

will do, thanks

>What has that do with anything he said, you fucking moron?
Are you incapable of following a discussion and reading comprehension?

Speccy or CPU-z or your a lying shillbot faggot

Yeah same shit was said with bulldozer "it will be more futureproof when games use more cores" and look how that turn out to be puny i3's wrecking it in a breeze, Intel may have less cores but they are way more ahead tuning the same arch over the years. Oh and yeah DX12 will make CPU's more irrelevant.

>Asus

well, there's your problem. They have kept the same premium price while cheaping out more and more on their products. Their B350 motherboards doesn't even have VRM heatsinks and yet they cost more than MSI, Gigabyte and all the other brands

>ANUS b350-a
I have found your problem.

>screen tearing

Makes me kek no matter how many times I see it.

here it is running prime even with an overclock its stable and temperatures are good, benchmarking is fine, fps in games is fine, very powerful cpu but i'm just having massive stability problems in games

>ASUS b350-a

Take a look at this board and see if you can spot any VRM heatsinks.

No?

Well, there's your problem, Asus cheaping out on essential components while keeping the premium price

check the temps. Maybe it's overheating because you fucked up building it like a retard?

>PS/2 ports
>Serial connector
>VGA

KEK. Did they have a shitload of old components to get rid of and just slapped a bunch of them on the B350 mobos or what???

do you think that's whats making it crash out of games?

I posted a screenshot above

The first month I had my skylake it would do the exact same thing you are complaining about. Usually memory address error and a few other random ones. Bios update fixed it. Have you found any other users with similar equipment complaining online?

Ps2 is extraordinary useful at times.

My next guess is memory, plays one games with only one ram stick (one which won't hit a memory limit but does crash). I have a similar error on one of my x99 builds at work, certain engines will just run unstable as hell with more than three ram modules. Also one of the usb2 cables used caused blue screens with my phone plugged in.

That's DVI, not serial, you ponce. Shit board regardless.

>mfw no more game port
I miss using my sidewinder

amazon.com/36-Pin-Parallel-Printer-Adapter-Cable/dp/B002YDJJY4

Bios v 503?
Did you make sure you really re installed w10? This exact issue popped up on Reddit/Google search.

I got a 1700 and the only problems I've had so far was the extreme amount of time it takes to boot, the ram not working at the rated speed, and it hating any form of usb wireless sticks

New Chipset driver popped up also on 3-7. Double check your versions.

also the fucking heatsink was pants on head retarded

It's v502, v503 is only for the b350-plus as far as i know, also im doing another reinstall of windows 10 right now.

I'll try this 1 stick thing after i've put fresh windows on

K. Keep us posted.

Asus warranty is not bad btw, I would just return it. But make a memtest x86 before that.

Did you over clock your memory? Have you tried without ocing your CPU?

>make a memtest x86

already >Did you over clock your memory? Have you tried without ocing your CPU?
done, no errors

yes I have overclocked both and set them back to stock speeds and voltages while trying to find out what the problem here is

You have to run memtest overnight essentially for it to be valid. One cycle just won't cut it. But bad ram is pretty uncommon and I doubt it's that.

If memory works and this happens just in games then It's probably just the GPU

Try a game without the GPU?

What power supply are you using? It might not be enough.

RM650x, its enough

I will double check that I have the latest GPU drivers this time, it worked fine on my last build though

Your new here, aren't you?

Most of us aren't faggots who use model M's, so no, the PS/2 port isn't useful.

This post is literally the equivalent of this video
youtube.com/watch?v=_GxC4kKD9qA

Intel shills please leave

Couldn't find a shittier board ?
Gaymur at building computers. I bet you have shitty psu too.

You're aware windows can blue screen if the display driver crashes in the middle of play right? how stupid are you?

Try installing w7 without it.

Ryzen has no igpu, how stupid do you feel now?

nice read the thread next time

How about not giving shit advice?
>Play a game without the GPU
Really? How?

>games care about GPU's and not CPU's
Completely inaccurate meme, there are tons of games that are more CPU bound than GPU dependant. UE3 is still very common and is a good example.

You probably installed a shit-tier OS like windows.

Cities Skyline absolutely hammers my 6600k. 4 cores are a joke in 2017

People have been saying that games will use more cores in the future for years now and yet there are barely a handful that actually benefit from it. Expecting it to become commonplace any time soon is as irrational as as getting SLI/Crossfire and expecting all future releases to properly support it. Buy the moar coars shit if you're using software that exists and needs it, not for future speculative cases.

But I can use more cores today. No not 100% of things use them, but enough for it to be worthwhile today. I also enjoy doing more than one thing at a time.

So
>Buy the moar coars shit if you're using software that exists and needs it
But do recognize that these are specific cases. Saying shit like "4 cores are a joke in 2017" is just retarded.

>got my 7700k 5 hours ago
>stable at 4.7GHz 1.22v
>going to try 5GHz later
Why can't poozen do this?

>tfw mainstream 4 core (Q6600) is over 10 years old.

Yeah, it's pretty retarded. I could run Linux on 2 core, windows native courtesy of qemu/KVM on 4 cores, and run muh seedbox/kodi/Plex/whatever on 2, and give pfsense one also.

>Anus
Return that shit if you can and get a proper mobo.

I personally haven't really had any issue. 1700x with msi b350 here. I updated bios on first power up and oc'd it mildly.
Working great so far. Only thing is it runs warmer than I'm used to. 45-55c idle temps. 62-68c under load. But I attribute that to my likely undersized h60i I used because I already had it and want to wait for some nicer options to become available.

The human eye can only see 4 cores

>buying asus
Why would you do that to yourself? Are you a gaymen from Sup Forums?

weirdly that's the processor im upgrading from to the ryzen 1700

Not that user but I always chose ASUS because they used fucking great components like caps, VRM heatsinks and had Digital VRM's, plus long term support and breddy gud BIOS.

That was back in Ivy Bridge times. What's the current king of motherboards? MSI?

Gigabutt probably

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-7-have-a-temperature-20-degree-c-reporting-offset.html

read this, it might be colder

Hilariously ASRock followed by Gigabyte, at least for Ryzen

I question the ability of only 4 vrms to achieve a stable oc. technically, you might be using only 3 for the CPU.

OP here, I have windows back on, latest graphics card driver etc and some games, one thing i overlooked though is this chipset driver

support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 10 - 64

turns out a new one was released just 4 days ago so i'm installing that now, then i'll reboot and load a game for a while, i'll probably be able to let you all know if the fresh OS install and chipset drivers bring more stability to my system in about 45 mins to an hour if the thread is still here

Your welcome, op. Enjoy.

Are you using the beta bios? I can't find anything other than 1.0 for that board

Good luck

If that doesn't work then it is most likely a case of that shit motherboard being shit.
I've never used Asus and don't have any plans on doing so. I am annoyed when I see people give pc build lists to those looking to build, them listing Asus motherboards, thinking they're the best. Asus might have been at one point, but those days have long past. I've been using MSI motherboards for some years now in every pc that I've built, and I've never had any issues at all with them. Gigabyte is another great brand.

OP here, still broken

There are 6 phases on the Tomahawk, out of which at least 4 are providing power to the CPU.

Last time it BSOD it said BAD_POOL_HEADER now it's not booting

Check memory with memtest.

Reminder to never buy AMD. They are slow, expensive, unstable garbage.

I already did 1 pass yesterday but i guess i'll do more overnight, not much else i can do

>No not 100% of things use them
Not even 10% of things use them chap if we are talking video gaymes.
Hell, even that's a lie.
Not even 5% use them.

This dick sure uses all of your moms cores

If you're able to boot into windows check bsod dumps with blue screen viewer and write down the name of the file that causes the bluescreens.

hivememe

>workstation/server
>no ECC RAM, no proper vt-d
Ok Pajeet Singh Rajneesh Raja

asus TUFF series are actually pretty great still, in that retard.

Too bad that line does not exist for ryzen, yet (if ever)

So, you bought it because of marketing and didn't bother to wait for benchmarks or reviews? I have a truck I want to sell, it's really really awesome, 2 grand sound ok?

I had an NVMe driver needing to be installed too so that's on now

what kind of truck?

>Asus
Literally any brand other than asus is better

Just buy Intel