What happened to the android mod cyanmod general?

what happened to the android mod cyanmod general?

i need to flash my shit or how to

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You didn't even try searching for it yourself, dumb frogposter.

Cyanogenmod is dead, user.

>lowres frogposter
>lowend grammar
Cyanogenmod is dead. LineageOS is the bee's knees now.

i feel ya mate

I recently audited and the stock AOSP to be a customized flavour of Android and I am awefully comfy with it.
I wonder why more people aren't doing this, even with a board filled with Sup Forumsentlemen.
>actually they despice phoneposters
oh okay.

download.lineageos.org/

I am severely out of the loop. What is this in relation to Cyangoen, or are they unrelated

LineageOS is the successor of CyanogenMod
The same developers are behind it.

Oh I see. I think I may install it on my Moto X Pure. is it buggy?

Works for me on my Moto G1
Virtually no difference to CyanogenMod
It's built off the very same source code, only updated incrementally, of course

P.S.: Make sure you have the latest TWRP before you upgrade

So do I simply have to wipe cache and factory reset? What else do I need to wipe?

That should do it.
I even installed LineageOS over my Cyanogenmod 14 and it just worked,
only wiping cache, not dat.a

I've got an x pure also.
Flash the newest TWRP first as the other user suggested, then download the 3/13 build. You should also go to the extras section on the lineage site and download their superuser app.
Boot into recovery, reformat (backup anything you want to), and then flash the ROM. You'll also need to download and flash a gapps zip if you want google play services.
I'd recommend using open gapps, since there are multiple packages depending on what you want. After that flash the superuser app, and you're good to go.

So flash everything in that order, with superuser being last?

the order doesn't really matter, as long as you flash the recovery and then the rom right after.

Cyanogen became a chink OS and subsequently burst into flame like everything else over there

Made the switch to an AOSP based rom from a LOS one lately (since the shit kept crashing on my moto G4), is better in every regard.

the problem I've always had with aosp based roms is that they try shoving in a shit ton of "features" (bloat) in.
I just want barebones aosp developed for my device, and that's it. Unfortunately no one feels like doing that.

Lineage is rather close to AOSP + device-specific fixes.

Do you know the camera app takes so long to open, and why I can't receive MMS. Might have something to do with the fact I'm using Cricket

the camera and flashlight issues are present on all nougat roms for othe device.
I'm not sure what the issue is with mms. It's working on my end.

Ah alright. I fixed the cricket issue by editing the APN settings.

Lineage OS. Find it in the link in CyanogenMod ran out of money, so the same devs are continuing it under a different name. It works great on my Nexus 5, 7, and Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, and S5. The Nexus 5 is my day to day phone. Battery life has actually improved from CM13, and it uses less RAM. FDE is enabled and I'm using TWRP MultiROM as my recovery. It's perfectly stable and all hardware works as it should. I pulled my SIM to test calling/texting on some of my Samsung phones and it all works fine. I get weekly updates.

>CyanogenMod ran out of money
What happened

I should try it out then, uh. I may port it when I see time.