Why aren't more people on Nougat? Why are they choosing to use an old and insecure versions of Android?

Why aren't more people on Nougat? Why are they choosing to use an old and insecure versions of Android?

Other urls found in this thread:

source.android.com/security/bulletin/2016-12-01.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most mobile phone users don't know shit about technology and don't care.

Also most phone updates are pushed out by the companies, meaning that there will be some delay.

A few reason.

Most people have no clue what version they have and don't care. For them whatever automatic updates their phone gets is all they will ever get. Since companies such about updating phones (especially non-flagships) that means a lot of people on older versions.

>choosing
Most Android users are on locked down carrier models that stopped getting updates years ago. They couldn't get on Nougat even if they wanted to.

I'm only on 6 because of Xposed, then i'll update.

This.

Hurry up Rovo!

>tfw fell for the moto g4 would get nougat before 2017 meme
I shoulda just gotten a chink phone

Only supreme autistes use HTC or Jewgle phones, lad. Everyone else gets their update much later because the company is shit.

Because Android is one of the fucking worst engineered operative system when it comes to updates and Google doesn't give a fuck about it.

Lelnovo is killing Motorola.

Nokia is the place to go now.

>choosing
Isn't it funny how lagdroid advocates love to spout how many "options" they have for their phone but are stuck running obsolete version of the OS?

>insecure
Can you even explain what this idiotic buzzword means?

Have fun
source.android.com/security/bulletin/2016-12-01.html

And this affects the average user how? Show me something that uses these vulnerabilities

>goygle slipped in planned obsolence for snapdragon 801

Geee I wonder why lad

>how vulnerabilities can affect the average user?

0.05 rupees were deposited to your Google Wallet account

LineageOS you crybabies

It's not a choice unless you flash your own ROM. I don't since I actually like touchwiz so I don't mind the delay.
Also, not too many people care. And you have to keep in mind tons of phones are chink tier cheap phones which aren't for anything other than having a simple phone (kids, grandparents). Even gingerbread is good for that so those people don't need updates, just something that lets them communicate. Just like the majority of windows users are on 7.

>years ago
Keep memeing. Most decent providers at least push security patches. The pic related device is over 2 years old and originally had 4.4.2.

Stuck on an almost stable 6 ROM with no support. Wew

Considering learning how to port this shit myself when I get free time. All this just to keep using my phone.

those same users run like cracy when an iOZ update gets released.

I'd really would update but all existing builds for my Nexus 5 are buggy: camera is half working, DRM is broken and hacks are required to fit the system and gapps.