Why do PC's look like complete dogshit and not like this industrial design beauty in pic related?

Why do PC's look like complete dogshit and not like this industrial design beauty in pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XM-Krdu_A94
youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5KJVCc5C4
youtube.com/watch?v=pNd5_kxpPc4
lmgtfy.com/?q=tv tuner
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Guts

hngggggggg

so sleek should slight right into my asshole

you can buy industrial design cases
its your own fault for going for the cheapest option

Because you're a fucking retard. Kill yourself.

inwin makes nice cases

Introducing the HP Z800 workstation.

youtube.com/watch?v=XM-Krdu_A94

So easy to open and access that even a 8 year old can do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5KJVCc5C4

"Industrial design" is not what you think it is. It's not a code word for muh minimalism homo hipster shit. It's no particular style of aesthetics either. Look, just look it up.

>an ugly autism box

No thankyou

I win

>Plastic piece of shit.

Nice try

I'm a designer and you're telling me to google industrial design?

You're an idiot.

Go stick with your Dell.

The side panels are brushed aluminum.

Fuck off dude, it looks like shit and you know it.

Also see the inside, it looks like literal shit.

This Mac Pro design came out in 2003 with the G4 it's still timeless.

You're a homo is what you are. Look up the definition of industrial design or don't, just stop spouting nonsense.

>This Mac Pro design came out in 2003 with the G4 it's still timeless.
>the G4
if you're going to act like a pretentious piece of poser shit at least surf the wiki page first

the inside of the Z800 series looks fine, just get the nostalgic cock out of your mouth for a moment and google it

that said, the current iteration is decently professional but still pretty meh-tier compared to what the next refresh is going to hopefully end up being, the precedent they set with the Z2 looks like the next round of full sized desktops are going to kick ass

There was a G4 CPU version of the cheesgrater Mac right before the G5 Mac came out, idiot.

I should know, because it's somewhere in my basement collecting dust.

Nah they really didn't idiot.

I prefer to have a practical computer and use it.

If you prefer to look at the chassis all day, that's fine, but you belon on

>There was a G4 CPU version of the cheesgrater Mac right before the G5 Mac came out, idiot.
there absolutely was not, the MDD I posted was the very last G4 Power Mac
>I should know, because it's somewhere in my basement collecting dust.
and I have a shed full of them because I collect them, research them and use them regularly

nostalgia faggots who do nothing but whine about the past they know fuck all about are cancer

you mediocre pieces of autistic shit should kill yourselves too, just because you have no taste and think useless donglebook shit is the apex of style doesn't mean the rest of us are that retarded and vapid, fuck yourself with a rake

>think useless donglebook shit is the apex of style
Except he never said that. He says that he only cares aboutfunctionality.

>2 mad PC fags making shit up.

am I the only one that thinks the current Mac Pro is the comfiest PC ever made? this is the first thing I'm gonna buy (assuming they update it) once I get a stable job

It's nice but the hardware in it is 4 years old and they haven't updated it once since 2013.

The CPU's and SSDs are fine in it, but it's the GPUs that are horribly old and from 2012.

Also no Thunderbolt 3.

forgot pic

meh.

It's a standard desktop. the CPUs are limited by their socket but the GPUs and SSDs are upgradable.

You know that's literally a copy of the granddaddy in OP right?

Also it's faggy iTX.

>but it's the GPUs that are horribly old and from 2012.

you can upgrade it with an external GPU though

youtube.com/watch?v=pNd5_kxpPc4

So stylish!

which he, like so many other brainlets on this board, strongly implies is at odds with good form

there's lots of aesthetically great shit through the years packing more "functionality" than the average 'function over form' retard who probably hasn't used an expansion bus for anything but a gayming GPU since 2002 will ever hope to get out of their ITX shitboxes

you'll never eat as much shit from your own hands as I have family

it's a mismarketed abortion that misses the point, but if you can find one cheap enough it's probably not terrible as it is, especially these days where practical performance gains are incredibly minimal outside of a few select use cases from generation to generation

>not liking SFF

Meh, I like plain cases myself. I don't really get into the whole "flashy leds" and/or "case windows" thing. A case is there to hold your components, not to be gawked at and that's it. It sits on your floor unnoticed by the user except only to turn it on or to eject/insert a cd and or a usb stick. Really the only time most people take it apart is to clean the inside (rare) or to to upgrades or when something goes wrong.

No it's not. Mac Pro's always have Xeons, ECC RAM and Workstation GPUs (most of the time)...the new one is no exception.

Xeons get updated late with new architecture by Jewtel.

>Limited to Thunderbolt 2

No thanks

TB3 would be nicer though. OR Tim Cuck can literally put in a GTX1080Ti or Titan XP in the next revision and I don't have to deal with a shitty Hackintosh.

It's a pain in the ass, desu.

I have a mATX build Hackintosh (with dual booting to Winshit) and it's a pain in the ass for airflow.

It's neat if you on;y need one PCIe slot

>Mac Pros always have standard processors, standard RAM, and standard GPUs
My point exactly

ever needed more? it's been a while since I needed a sound card and an ethernet card.

Yes. NIC, TV tuner, additional USB ports, additional SATA/SAS ports and RAID, etc.

>TV tuner

wat

What is it with you people where a case must either be a pretentiously mediocre, boring ass block of featureless aluminum or a tasteless abomination full to the brim with obnoxious LEDs and lights?

Do you realize that it's possible to take pride in your work and have a nice looking, professional end product without impacting use of the system, and in some cases even enhancing it? Minimalism is a cancer on functionality even more than gaymer bogeyman shit.

>the GPUs and SSDs are upgradable.
Not on the trashmacpro.

lmgtfy.com/?q=tv tuner

Yes they are. I wasn't talking about the little black model though.

The trashcan was what we were discussing.

I know what a TV tuner is. I was questioning why the fuck anyone would actually want one in $CURRENT_YEAR.

Someone, please nuke all gamers with a hydrogen bomb.

Well how do you use a TV tuner without having a TV tuner?

>NIC
what for? you get gigabit ethernet onboard.

>TV tuner
IP TV

>additional USB ports
got enough.

>additional SATA/SAS ports and RAID, etc.
NAS

Looks flimsy, and the window is just gaudy.

>strongly implies is at odds with good form
How?

>what for?
More than one port.
>IP TV
Nah.
>got enough
Congrats.
>NAS
Fair point.

Is this shit suppose to look good?

It's not supposed to look good, it does look good.

>I wasn't talking about the little black model though.
Everyone was
And I'm typing this on a 2010 Mac Pro right now, so I know that I can upgrade this shit.
>Not effectively since I'm limited on what GPU I can get/flash, and I can't upgrade the processor.

I feel sorry for you kids,

>lol I'm better than you because my parents fucked in a different year
Stop.

It's a shame. So many advances in tech and the majority of case manufacturers just put out dogshit.

what's your counterpoint, some piece of generic beige shit you only like because you had it when you were a kid?

nostalgiatards are grade A cancer

>1/8" aluminum
>flimsy

It's just a shame. Lian li used to put out some nice cases but now are falling into gaymer shit.

He said it looks flimsy, not that it is flimsy.

>he
nice try user

They still do put out some nice ones

stop

itt faggots probably over 50 years old too

>post-2000 whiteboxes
>expecting anything other than shit that targets their core and only demographic of manchildren who still play adult legos to save pocket change

Seriously though, the old mac pro is gorgeous. Wish it had standard ATX support.

No-taste plebeian Normies entered computing,
the same type that thinks this car looks good.

>no spoiler
>stock rims
>just some blue lights that can probably be turned on and off at will
>and the headlights also match
it's not our fault you're a basic bitch

Post cute toasters

uhhhhhhh

lol

>pieces of shit made from recycled beer cans

Fuck off mactoddlers.

Stainless steel or nothing.

>pride in your work
Unboxing parts and assembling them,
something that my grandmother can do?

>brushed metal meme
>shitfenix logo

>a fucking casket

all the more reason to make the most of it instead of showing off your shitty betamale attitude to the world and half-assing even the simplest of tasks

>showing off
"Generation Me", everyone, where everyone is a special snowflake who deserves attention.

also some light plumbing, because the Sup Forums hivemind dictates you must hate it

Get used to it, this is our board now. leave or stay it doesn't matter anymore.

>our
You mean Sup Forums?

>having a massive "i suck cock: the brand" logo on the side

Fucking cringe.

+reddit

>fuck that hit closer to home than I thought, better whip up an irrelevant strawman
maybe I was wrong, you DO take pride in the fact that you take pride in nothing else, you think being a mediocre piece of shit too afraid to achieve anything worth caring about is a virtue, rather than a sign of emptiness

but keep patting yourself on the back and reminding us all how great and humble you are for being boring and unmemorable

Get with the times.

Nice. WS cases are generally pretty good looking.

This type is ugly IMHO, I would nly htink about th eolder G3 version. It is still chintzy but at least has something going for it.

they're both nice, stop being a contrarian faggot

12 year olds can assemble PCs.
There's nothing to be proud of.

It's sthit that is nightmare to upgrade/extend or service. Proprietardy nonstandard parts ahoy, not to mention the terrible place and cable/dongle mess. One of the shittiest cases of form over function even by Apple low standard.

t. cancerous macfag even more cancerous than before after consuming anodized aluminum

>aluminum shit

Into the trash.

>Zenimax sued John Carmack so hard he's sleeping on a hammock in a public greenspace, cooking food on his workstation

F

it doesn't have to be a crowning achievement to be worth paying attention to

it's an expression of yourself and your interests, it's a large semi-permanent fixture people are going to see, especially you

and when you then come back with "but it's simple" like it's some supreme gotcha of the century, what does that say about you, being so lacking in self confidence and respect for yourself that you would half ass something so simple, yet you want us to jerk you off for it?

this is the cancer of a generation you should be complaining about, Sup Forums is riddled with boring, empty people just like this that care about nothing and call it an achievement

Looks like shit. Kill yourself applelfag.

IBM Power 720

>$5000 for shit made from soda cans

Even geneirc chink cases are made from steel these days. Why is Applel such low quality shit?

PCs are tools, nothing more.

>yet you want us to jerk you off for it?
Projection.

The interesting question is, what do you DO with your PC?
Astronomers generally don't "decorate" their telescopes with RGB LEDs.
Carpenters don't "mod" their power tools with windows and LEDs either.