Why does Greece look like a parkade?

I always thought Greece was a beautiful country with qt architecture, but looking at it in google-streetview, it's easily the ugliest country in Europe. Except for a few islands (Rhodes, Corfu, Lesbos), the entire place looks like a slum of solid white parkade-esque buildings. I thought different cities would look different, but they all look like sweltering hot 2nd world slums. It looks more like South America than Europe to me.

Because the "Greeks" of the modern times are just cucked Mongols and Hittites pretending to be the descendants of Ancient Greeks.

> come on in, come on in. what can I do for you f@m?
> you know that 'can't pay debnts look'?
> say no more, say no more

I think Turkey's a shithole too, but it's a slightly better looking shithole. I actually like Ottoman architecture.

What happened to Greece? If you look at pics of Athens in the 40s, it looks like a European city. It looks like they tore down every single good-looking building and replaced it with concrete cubes with balconies.

The strange paradox is that the Greek islands that receive the vast majority of tourists to Greece actually look nice, but the other 90% of the country looks like the bad parts of LA. What's up with that?

> come on in f4m, come on in. What kind of architecture you want for your country?
> you know that 'soul-crushing south american slum' look?
> say no more, say no more

I'd rather go with the Turkish style than the Greek style. I just don't understand how a country could have such terrible town planning. I've never seen a worse civic infrastructure for a country. It's almost like it's designed to make Greece look like a third world country intentionally.

The only other countries that look that bad are places like Indonesia, Zimbabwe and South American banana republics. No one chooses to have a country with that sort of depressing architecture.

Nah, Greece is comfier.

Not a Turkophile, but Turkish architecture is undeniably several rungs above Greek architecture. Short of some of the slum-suburbs in Istanbul and the cities in the eastern provinces, Turkey in general looks better than Greece.

The sad thing is, Greece gave the world some of the greatest architecture that has ever graced the planet, and it's known for it. Perhaps my deep disappointment in modern Greece is that the ancient and Byzantine era were godly. It's like going from heavy-weight champion of the world to some fat sad old-man who lives in a hovel.

Turkey looks like Russia but with less trees. Greece is just less commie. The problem is such types of buildings they build in Greece look slummy, but they are not slimes actually.

> The problem is such types of buildings they build in Greece look slummy, but they are not slimes actually.
I know that. I just feel really sorry for the Greeks. They have great landscape, great history, but their modern towns and cities are a tragedy. Coupled with economic disaster, it kind of breaks my heart. This is the country that birthed western civilisation, and its leaders and bureaucrats have failed them.

All southern countries are like that.

They maybe look like 3rd world Argentina-tier slums but they are actually very comfy inside. Same with Turkey kek those flats have often marble floors inside, because its so cheap there and big Greek balconies.
You should know this stupid user.

fuck off russian shit

If we're talking about architecture as well, I'd say Greece is unique. Economically, politically, yeah, that's Southern Europe in general. But this type of terrible town planning I've only seen in Greece and South America.

Gypsi palaces are comfy inside too but they are ass shit ugly.

Why do T*rks have an ape face?

modernism ruined greece
pic is before

Why do T*rkish helicopters fall down so easy

But I wrote about Greece and Turkey not fucking Romania. And our apartments there are clean unlike German houses. Animal hair, dust and other filthy everywhere.

There's no way you're not Turkish if you think Turkish cities are anything more than absolute trash

Greek modern vernacular architecture might be boring but it's leagues above its Turkish counterpart

and this is after

they are kurds

at least there is SOME decent modern greek architecture

i don't think greece looks that bad at all

most big cities in greece are shit

What the fuck

This doesn't look that bad tbqh
I visited Spain severale times, they had pretty similair architecture in their touristic shaped areas and I found it pretty exotic and comfy looking

I entirely agree papadopolous. Whoever did this to your country deserves to be hung. If all of Greece looked like Rhodes, Lesbos and Corfu do, it would be one of the most beautiful European countries.

Good architecture isn't just for "history" and tourists. Good architecture makes a good country.

fucking nigger I will sink your shitty island , you just cherry pick pictures

As an Athenian , Athens is the most beautiful place of all Greece

if you ask any greek why there are so many shitty buildings in athens they'll say it's because of "evil fascist dictator G. Papadopoulos" who ruled the country from 1967 to 1974

however this is bullshit and they just use him as a scapegoat
he loved traditional greek architecture from the 1800s and promoted it along with actually good modern architecture like this: pic related is corfu

Norge-bro, I don't even think Greeks like modern Greek architecture. Turkey is admittedly pretty shit, but compared to Greece it has 10/10 architecture. The tourists statistics don't like; people don't like going to places that look like parkades and 2nd world slums.

If Greece didn't go down the path of parkade architecture the entire country would be swimming in tourism $$$ and not just Athens and the islands where people go to look at the parthenon and the old Byzantine and Venetian towns that actually look good.

when you look at athens, where democracy came from, from he top of the acropolis, you see a parody of athens' former glory
thats what athens is, a parody of greece
a parody of democracy
a parody of the human race

he is turkish m8 I know him from the /tr/ general

he's right though
istanbul >>> athens

Izmir is much better than shitstanbul.

I've never posted in /tr/. Also, I'm only using Turkey as an example because they share a similar climate. You can look at any of Greece's neighbours, and they don't suffer the same terrible direction for urban planning Greece has taken for some inexplicable reason.