Redpill me on Windows 10 LTSB over Windows 7, Sup Forums

Redpill me on Windows 10 LTSB over Windows 7, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-windows-server-2016-update-history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LTSB is the closest you can get to a """""""good?""""""" version of windows 10

7 is for nostalgic hipsters who want to use an outdated meme machine

It is comfy, no ads, no store, no upgrades, no cortana bitch (also no search!!!), no edge browser, you can defer updates forever, no unwanted restarts.

If you want new features and gimmics from MS then I dont recommend this version.

It's fucking great I run it with an i3, 8gb ram and ssd its like a bullet.

9/10

Definitely worth the russian botnet I submitted to by cracking it

Where's the ""best"" place to obtain this version?

windows store

Only illiterate idiots can't secure a 10 reasonably well. Just run spywareantibeacon and ooshutup10. A power user of 10 is 800% more secure than a stupid user on booboontoo.

you're a faggot.
just look at the pic he has saved on his computer.
faggotcuck.
windows 10 will never be good. get over it shills.

>all updates and supposed spyware removed
>HDD never rests
no thanks, i'd rather not kill my disks with that spyware/malware ridden piece of shit.

nothing's ever free, and when you aren't paying for something, YOU'RE the product.

Don't be illiterate faggots. It doesn't get the latest updates like latest DirectX. Read and stop being stupid.

> I'm an illiterate faggot that can't configure 10
stop being stupid and read

Most LTSB users are professionals, it is not meant for gaymurs and children.

>getting angry over nothing

>Just run spywareantibeacon and ooshutup10
technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

>HDD never rests
If you're using your computer than the HDD will obviously not rest because programs are contantly writing temporary files and shit.
If you're not using it and the HDD spins up, it's probably downloading updates or defragmenting it.

Windows is BOTNET and everyone who is still using it after Snowden, after Vault 7, has either brain damage or is simply retarded.

No there is no difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10. Both are part of PRISM.

gnu/linux runs like shit on my laptop, so there is no option

I used to like it but lately I'm getting blue screen with different error messages every time.
Could be my hdd failing.
7 was more stable, what could they possibly add to make it crash.

>implying you're safe behind any OS

Grow up kiddo. Any entity determined enough to spy on you can do so. Your hobby OS isn't going to save you. If you're using linoox for anything other than to get work done you're literally retarded as windows and osx are bounds and leaps better for daily computing.

>poor performance, and reduced lifespan which in turn means less money in my pocket
yeah, that's really nothing.
if microshit wants to use my HDD and bandwidth to help spread their shitty fucking malware ridden OS they can pay me. otherwise fuck them and their shit products.

I'm a professional gamer.

even in task mngr it shows 100%.
kills performance in games or even just general web browsing.
it's not defragging, and as was already posted the spyware/update faggotry is disabled through registry AND gp

literally no one is forcing you to install windows

kys faggot

Your drive is too slow if it's bottle necking your browsing performance.

Maybe you should check which process is using it.
Maybe it was an issue that was fixed in one of the recent updates :^)

I don't play computer games faggot I just want a smooth OS for casual work and media.

You can "secure" win 10 all you want but enjoy your clash of clan ads popping up and all that other BS

You're actually technologically retarded if you can't nuke all the ads on windows with less than 5 mouse clicks.

>outdated
Ah, yes. So what's broken exactly?

>clash of clan ads popping up

what did he mean by this?

>up to date with latest software
>dx12
i barely touched win7 after 8.1 came out, and lstb is 8.1 without any of that metro or cortana shit

set up for a friend, so far looks very good, and gaymes in dx12 are tiny bit nicer

prism controls all of your ISPs and VPNs, why would it matter what os you use?
if loonix users are more secure, then they in more danger, because they drive in more attention
security through obscurity, bitch!

as if he really cares about security
they just cant afford to pay for windows license or are afraid to at least pirate it, so all they have left is their poorfag loonix shit

that he is retarded computer illiterate fake news style
windows ships with onedrive, which in turn has ads.
you can disable hat shit
it's like if windows was shipping with uTorrent, which also has ads

looboontoo also has ads, what's you point?

Thank you for confirming that you can't read Tyrone

Have fun when your next update rolls back all your settings ;-)

can confirm

Curious how every MS-apologists has bad grammar.

Learn your capital letters at least.

>implying that has anything to do with anything
someone's mad his shit OS is being exposed for being shit.

about half a dozen shit under the svchost

Does that mean you're the product when you install gentoo/debian/Ubuntu/arch?

Someone give me ltsb key

it takes me less than a minute to configure the settings

>Is proud of the fact that windows needs 8 fucking GBs of RAM to run.

he has 8gbs of ram installed, not that he needs 8gb...

I run it on 4gb fine

ok, i'll just make a script for all those settings i've changed
at least update will not fuck my shit up

>every MS-apologists has
grammar nazi fail, kys

it needs ~700mb, I tested w10 with 2gb, it works.

>redpill
go back to Sup Forums

Kys

Where do i buy ltsb key plz respond

Just use Windows 10 Education edition and tweak it.

All OSs are shit. So it doesn't really matter that much.

unless you're a huge company, you don't. but helpful tools are available in places like the mydigitallife forums. *cough* microsoft toolkit *cough*

or "kms auto net"
but better virustotal that shit

Is ltsb the same as Enterprise?
I downloaded an iso from the Microsoft website and it says it's Enterprise 2016 ltsb, but it's an evaluation iso and the license is only good for 90 days. I tried using kmspico and ms toolkit to activate, but neither of them worked.

I'm going to reinstall, but I don't know if ltsb is the same as Enterprise.

Same same but different

Windows 7 Embedded or Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell are the only sane choices.

Same but it doesn't have Store and all that shit.

It will also not get feature updates like the Creator's Update.

>Windows 10 LTSB
A buggy piece of shit. Use Windows 7 if you need Windows.

There are two in fact. 2015 and 2016. While both are crap, LTSB2015 sucks less compared to 2016.

What's the difference between 2015 and 2016?

That doesn't happen if you configure it correctly the first time. Again you're actually retarded.

2016 is less consistent (has those huge context menus, which 2015 doesn't have).
Has more leftovers like 3D builder trash. Although doesn't have "Feedback" and "Microsoft Support" trash applications in it.
Has a weird audio bug where if a program uses DirectSound 32-but float processing, if paused for 30 seconds, on resume it will clip audio. Fixed only if you stop playback on all programs (so Windows' Mixer does not indicate any more activity) and then start playback again.
2016 fixed the bug on logon screen.
2015 start menu crashes if you have 512 or more items in it. On 2016 it crashes if you have 1024 or more. Taskbar flicker bug is still present though.

>professionals

windows server 2016 is the same thing

Bloatware if all you need is a home PC.

Just installed Enterprise ltsb 2016 and it's pretty comfy desu. I was able to lower the telemetry down to security only, but there doesn't seem to be a way to block it entirely.

Is there a way to disable the automatic updates besides setting the connection as metered?

>Is there a way to disable the automatic updates besides setting the connection as metered?
Yes.

LTSB2016 is quite shit though.

It's a slightly less nagging version of the spyware 10.

is this a ruse or are you for reals? the files feel sketch

thanks femanon.
You're not so bad after all ^~^

why would you want to pay for it anyway if you could just use ms toolkit/kmspico and activate for free?

They disabled a lot of that from actually working.

>▶
im not very guud at this, can you help me out? i try to run the toolkit but its buch of bloatware n shit i dont want

you need to download it from the mydigitallife forums.
Just do a google search for 'microsoft toolkit mydigitallife' and it should show up as the first result

>i like having an extremely but outdated and insecure OS.
i'll never understand this dumbass reasoning.
you are using one of the most popular OS'es.
Most popular means hackers want to create viruses for these OS'es.
easiest way to make a virus?
find out what the latest patch is patching.
then use that to infect systems that refuse to update.
go look at android.
what is the percentage of android systems that are currently running an outdated OS.

It seems people are taking issue with the fact that Windows 10 has updates. My question is, why the concern about updates? There must be a good reason for all of this resistance to updates.

I agree with you about updating, and it is part of the reason I absolutely loathe Microsoft (and Apple, and all of the giants of silicon valley). Once you go their route, they force you to remain on their road.

Now, if it is true that the Enterprise version of LTSB gets only the updates that patches security vulnerabilities, then that seems like the ideal Windows 10 solution to address those with concerns about updating.

some ppl want to be in control of their own security

open sauce

>some ppl want to be in control of their own security
or lack thereof
>open sauce
then don't use Microsoft Windows10

Maybe people want to update it manually:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-windows-server-2016-update-history
I di. I'd hate being bohered by updates while I work or having my PC's performance trashed because M$ decided to update some shit like Flash (Yes, the idiots at Microsoft embeded Flash into Windows).

>They disabled a lot of that from actually working
>fud without anything to back it up

this.

It's not even hard to tweak it... you just won't update anymore which isn't a big deal