Why was the UK so much better at making music compared to other Euro countries?

Why was the UK so much better at making music compared to other Euro countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_p4bCFMnHg
youtube.com/watch?v=yBv4kWsi4TE
youtube.com/watch?v=BjYXLPuuJdY
youtu.be/OQTsZGvVUbs
youtu.be/aVgdrGxSQN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dunno lol

io no soi 100ntifiko

too bad that the record companies that benefited from the english contributions to music now run a complete monopoly in the UK.

British contemporary ""rock"" is a joke and you only seem to manufacture boy-bands and girl-bands.

What's worse is that the brits take some pride in this heritage but unfortunately fail to see that it doesnt apply today, so they keep trying to stay relevant and force themselves to listen to terrible music thats aimed at 12 year olds.

there,also, the closing ceremony of the british olympic games was a disgrace.

>inb4 Swede coming ITT and claiming that they write all music

you weren't better, you just had better connections to big record companies in the US

american consumers are very sensitive and can't handle music sung in a non-anglo foreign accent, much less a foreign language

This white noise of butthurt doesn't answer my question

bcuz everyone who can speak english can listen to british/american songs.

but you try listening to the language where you cant understand shit...
so its understandable what will be more popular...

They were the first to take to american pop music

with your faggotry m8

This is international related

> Why WAS the UK so much better at making music compared to other Euro countries?

no it's not, also your music sucks

Modern music is terrible

Yeah it is, the UK was far superior at making music than other euro countries, it must be something to do with culture or the superiority of the British race throughout history

>was
yeah m8 WAS
WE WUZ
but not anymore

and it was already explained to you why it WUZ LIEAK DAT BITCH
cos you sucked the jew dick yo :DD

>Modern music is terrible

Completely agree.

The objective best European country for music is Germany. Only dadrockers/rockists think the UK is the best

At that around the 60-80s time there was a massive wave of new music coming through with rock, punk, metal whatever and in Europe the UK produced the best of them. Nowadays there isn't. Anyway the UK still produces the most modern meme music nowadays in Europe with that fat slag and those twinks

>you weren't better, you just had better connections to big record companies in the US

Thats because you plebs dont even listen to music, you just follow your gay aspie boybands and stay to your comfort zone.
Fucking grandpas :DDD

WE WUZ!!!

you guys got our music faster for obvious reasons, the first british rock acts like the beatles and rolling stones grew up listening to our blues and rockabilly artists from the 50's when most other countries werent.

Well no you don't. There are very few good metal bands from bongistan. Threshold and Anathema are good but other than that... ehhh.

>was
It's like you've never heard of grime music

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

>grime, rap shit

Yea I never listened to British metal desu but the UK did invent it

I don't have a fucking submarine to search good indie music.

grime isn't very good imo and there might be a reason why it's not popular outside of the uk, i do like a lot of electronic stuff that comes out of your country though, i still think brits are the best at that.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_p4bCFMnHg

>thinking grime is rap music
Fuck off yank

Calm down Mark Duggan

Grime is electronic music silly

music is gay

grime a shit

are you talking about stuff like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=yBv4kWsi4TE

yea it's pretty good but i wouldn't call it current music anymore, it's like a decade old..

>this pleb that doesn't even know what kind of music hes looking for
start from jewtube, Ukrainian subs are prolly russian clay anyway

Just show your holy playlist to "plebs"

THIS is English grime pham

youtube.com/watch?v=BjYXLPuuJdY

There's no English people in this pic
so, you know what I want to say

the hell you talking about? grime, uk hardcore ftw

""""""""English"""""""

That's dubstep but they were both formed at around the same time so they're kind of like brother genres

And of course it's not gonna be current if you post an old choon you fucking twat

pic related
u r mom lmao

People listen to that music ironically

>Nicky Nyarko-Dei, known by his stage name Tempa T is an English Grime MC originating from East London.

This is some more recent stuff
youtu.be/OQTsZGvVUbs
youtu.be/aVgdrGxSQN0

>implying Africans can be English

Music is ingrained into our culture. Pubs and free houses on every street make it easier for new bands to emerge through playing small gigs to begin with. The amount of electronic genres and subcultures that are essentially tied to the UK separate it from other countries IMO.

all the uk has ever done is steal music from our blacks and say it is their own. americans have always been the ones making the only music in the world that is worth listening to.

>uk copies faggy 10 year old songs from the US

all the uk has ever done is steal music from our blacks and say it is their own.

Thats both of you

Daily reminder Sweden is the third-largest music exporter in the world behind the U.S. and the UK. That's not counting per capita by the way.

Please tell me how all the music we export is shit and all of UK's are god tier by posting 2-3 E-type and Basshunter songs.

see

yeah thanks for reminding me about that whoever you are user, I almost forgot to tell everybody

More Peter Bjorn and John please

That's just cause a lot of people understand English, mostly American. Yugoslavia had based music but i doubt it's known outside of ex-yu

TEMPZ MENTIONED.

you're a nation of jesters

>WW2

RARE FLAG