I-i-is this r-r-eally enough t-t-thermal p-p-p-p-a-s-s-te /g-g-g/?

i-i-is this r-r-eally enough t-t-thermal p-p-p-p-a-s-s-te /g-g-g/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c9HdoCZNlTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought the same thing when I saw it haha.

Don't fall for the meme just pour it on as long as it's non conductive you're not going to damage anything and putting too little will only make things worse

Just lube it up

Too much is just going to insulate the thing. Metal on metal will always be the preferred method.

Do you people actually know the purpose of thermal paste

thermal paste is a meme anyway

only poorfags skimp on the thermal paste
if you can afford it you may as well do a chessboard pattern on the cpu

Thermal paste should be put on the entire motherboard, to protect it from dust. Dust kills motherboards.

I do like half a pea sized in the center and it often spews out the side.
Thermal paste is only supposed to fill in the micro cracks between the heatsink and CPU anyways.

>Too much is just going to insulate the thing

Nah. JayzShillSense squeezed half a whole tube out onto a GPU recently and temps were exactly the same as his "proper" application, because the base plate of the cooler just pushes all the excess out the side as you tighten it. You'll have a goddamn mess, but that's it.

> using thermal paste

Are you guys telling me you don't lap and cold weld your heatsink to your cpu?

...!

The more the better user, don't listen to them. They want you to buy again later.

Is there a reason heatsink and cpu are not connected together temperature wise?

Need some help with a cooling theory. I have an older gaming laptop and I'm in the process of replacing thermal paste/pads today.

There are 2 sets of heat sink fins going to a single fan. One in front of the intake and one in front of the exhaust so its cooling as it draws air in and out.

The fan itself is opened up on the top and bottom which to me seems like that was take air away from drawing through the intake. Should I use something to cover the top and bottom of the fan off so it only draws/exhausts through the proper ventilation openings?

Mind you people can say this is "how companies designed their cooling to be" but this is an older MSI laptop with a generic ass laptop shell that other laptop companies used.

So you can replace your heatsink easily?

The gap between the cooler and heatspreader should be measured in microns anyways so it's probably enough, but definitely on the light side

>Metal on metal will always be the preferred method.

That's actually the worst of them all.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ

youtube.com/watch?v=c9HdoCZNlTg

>Jayznosense
what a fucking idiot, guy is an absolute retard in everything including tests
There will be zero difference in temperatures on FRESHLY applied thermal paste. The moron literally just applied it and tested it. Let that shit cure for a day and behold your 20c spike

>Linus
Opinion invalid

Use a glass paperweight to check visually. Pic related.

>That's actually the worst of them all.
Nah, it's being ruined by little air gaps there, which is why thermal paste exists in the first place.
Soldering still remains the optimal way to connect a heat sink.

Thermal paste is not meant to cool the processor.
You apply it to remove microscopic gaps of air between the processor and the cooler.
If you fear that this is not enough. you can apply it, mount the cooler and remove it again.

That way you can see how much it spreads and if a drop of that size is enough.
It is important that you clean it and apply new paste before reattaching it, otherwise it would be worse than no paste at all.

No. Make it twice the size of that and it's perfect. Right now it's not enough and won't spread across all CPU's lid.

>thermal paste
>cure
And you're making fun of someone else for being retarded. Lol.

>has the memestic 212
well, you really should be spreading it on the heatsink anyways.

The "normal" application method for TIM only applies to factory lapped (smooth surfaces) heatsinks.

not him, but it's quite evident that you haven't got the slightest clue about what you're typing.

>not him
Sure bub

>Retard: The Post

>says the retard

Fuck off namefag newfag

Hes not me
Your a fucking retard, thermal paste cures over time. Moron

>thermal paste
>cure
Retard

>all these snake oil thermal paste curefags
lol the only paste that had a recommended cure time was Arctic Silver 5, which was shit then and shit now. If you're still using AS5 you should just hang yourself. No modern thermal paste needs to "cure."
Fucking placebo.

Keep telling yourself that newfag, go back to Sup Forums

fr*cking gamergate

wow
do you run gentoo

Controlled Triple-Phase Viscosity:
Arctic Silver 5 does not contain any silicone. The suspension fluid is a proprietary mixture of advanced polysynthetic oils that work together to provide three distinctive functional phases. As it comes from the syringe, Arctic Silver 5's consistency is engineered for easy application. During the CPU's initial use, the compound thins out to enhance the filling of the microscopic valleys and ensure the best physical contact between the heatsink and the CPU core. Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 50 to 200 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability.

Thanks for a hardy chuckle!

You didn't say soldering. You said metal on metal.