I'm trying to get into bitcoin mining, but i've struggled to find a trustworthy miner

I'm trying to get into bitcoin mining, but i've struggled to find a trustworthy miner.
Suggestions?

You will not make any money little faggot.

i thought bitcoin mining died 3 years ago

I'm going to call your parents if you continue to visit adult-only websites

Mining Bitcoin is dead now. Dedicated Asian mining operations have hoovered up most of it.

At this point, you'll be fairly lucky mine enough bitcoins to cover the cost of the machine + electricity.

You need to spend several thousand dollars on ASIC hardware (like an Antminer S9) and even then it will take over a year just to break-even on hardware costs assuming your power is cheap.

Bitcoin mining is now a rich man's game done on an industrial level. You cannot really compete.

Fucking alright then you g faggots i'll ask on plebbit
I just fucking wanted to mine at work for the shits and gigs but i guess that's too much to ask from you cynical faggots

Can someone explain to me how you can "mine" digital currency?

No you dont understand. You literally cannot make money off this but whatever fuck off to reddit.

Ask /biz/.

Lol have fun CPU mining at 1 cent/year if your lucky.

It's a byproduct of the authority distribution scheme. The bitcoin networks needs nodes that verify transactions and assemble them into blocks, and the majority of these nodes decides the rules of the protocol. This work itself is not too demanding, so very little would stop an attacker from creating a shit ton of nodes to gain the majority and change the rules in his favor. Therefore, an artificial workload is imposed on these nodes so that to create more nodes and gain the majority, you'd need to have more actual processing power available than the rest of the network combines. This makes such a majority attack much harder to accomplish. But no one would do such artificial work for free, so there is a monetary incentive, the block reward. This also doubles as a fair way to distribute the bitcoins that come into existence.

You're a few years late to the party mate.

You dear user, make more sense than whole fucking wikipedia article and other pages. Thanks for being awesome.

You're too late. If you want to get into bitcoin now, learn currency investment strategies.

So you don't really "mine" it as much as you just basically put your computer to work as a digital bank grunt, right? I wanna ask how that helps create more currency, but I imagine that's more related to economics than technology.

You'll literally make less than $0.01/year. Mining isn't worth it unless you have thousands to spend on hardware.

>currency investment

Don't get into mining unless you have free electricity and already have some sort of hardware. You'll lose money.

>Not understanding how to make money off the ebb and flow of different currencies

ah, a 2009 roleplay thread

should I get Windows 9 when it comes out?