Redpill me on PC speakers, Sup Forums. Are subwoofers still cool...

Redpill me on PC speakers, Sup Forums. Are subwoofers still cool? Is the high end autist audiophile stuff worth the cost? Are sound cards still memes? What speakers are affordable and good?

Other urls found in this thread:

lexiconpro.com/en/products/alpha
youtube.com/watch?v=r5uzc3U8Qhc
youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
youtube.com/watch?v=eSUyPnE4OhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've had pic related for years. Cheap and good.

Subwoofers are a meme.

Just get a midrange set of bookshelves and be done with it

I have some Creative Kratos S3s. They're ricer but I like them.

get a soundbar.
less clutter on your desk.
you will use headphones most of the time anyways.

If you can afford it JBL 305 + Scarlet 2i2 + some stands. Make sure to position them correctly.
If not, edifier and genius make decent PC speakers.
You can also dig up some bookshelves from dumpster along with amp and make yourself believe they don't sound like shit.

What are the advantages of a soundbar?

Did you fail reading classes at school?

Audiophile sub, check the wiki under manufacturers. You likely won't get decent advice from here.
See:
Subwoofers aren't needed with good drivers. "High-end" could refer to some half-decent $300 speakers or could refer to $1000 hdmi cables, what's "high-end autist" to you?

Sound cards are memes nowadays, you can get away with onboard if you're not noticing anything out of the ordinary, like static/crackling/popping. If you get that, look for an external dac.

Soundbars are a meme.

lexiconpro.com/en/products/alpha

Just get some logitechs bruh. Why are you fretting about something so small?

Are there any affordable PC speakers that are good for classical music and instrumental music in general?

Ive used Genelec 8040 since 2007, added a 12" b&w sub.

Various setups, interfaces. These are amazing. 1400€ a pair back then, 1800€ now.

Studio or bust

if you're going for the best audio experience possible, sound cards are *not* a meme and you'll need to shell out for a digigram or RME card. soundblaster cards are a meme, they're not any better than the built in audio.

with a digigram or RME card, if you're going that route, you'll also want to get a mic and have your speakers tuned to the room. basically you place the mic where you listen, and the speakers blast pink noise, and software analyzes the rooms convolution and damping, and it equalizes your speakers to flatten any resonant spikes you get from the shape of your room.

the best bang for your buck will be mid range studio monitors. i have a 5.1 set up off of my digigram vx882HR card. two 8 inch JBL's for left and right, two 5 inch JBL's for for left and far right, and a 10 inch JBL sub. they're cheap active speakers but with a great soundcard with a DSP mixer and great output they sound amazing. the sub is lopassed at 70hz, the 8's are hipassed at 60hz, and the 5's are hipassed at 100hz.

Subwoofers are not a meme.

I've been using Logitech's Z623 for the past year and I've never been happier.

who is that in the pic?

"Computer speakers" are usually just low quality enclosures and drivers with a shitty class D internal amplifier.

You're better off buying either a pair of decent quality powered monitors (really the same thing as computer speakers, but made for people with working ears) or a small amp of some kind and a pair of decent bookshelf / near field speakers.

If you're broke, get something Logitech with a subwoofer. High end stuff is diminishing returns like usual. Soundcards are good only if your motherboard is cheap garbage, even then you'd be better off using a USB DAC.

So now you have your speakers? what is the 1st thing you listen to with them?
For me its this. youtube.com/watch?v=r5uzc3U8Qhc

I still have Z680s from 2003 that are still kicking.

youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
youtube.com/watch?v=eSUyPnE4OhI

:^)