Is it good? If not, what do you use? I use GPG sometimes...

Is it good? If not, what do you use? I use GPG sometimes, but it's a pain in the ass trading keys securely and most people who are really paranoid don't trust S/MIME.

Other urls found in this thread:

Mailinabox.email
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is it good?
Yes.

>Is it good?
It's fine

how much do you get paid to post

i'm kinda broke looking for some extra income

if you're willing to pay, there are plenty of paid alternatives that are "more secure"

Did you know that protonmail routes all their traffic through Mossad servers?

Don't worry about this, Jews are actually chill and don't care what you're doing anyway.

There is no such thing as secure and private e-mail unless you correctly use GPG.

Remember:
>All JavaScript products are a meme.

>he thinks using a computer at all is secure

likeā€¦?

>most people don't trust S/MIME
Can I get a quick rundown?

Bogus signers like StartCom

its great i just signed up yesterday

i got a 4 letter handle !!

i have wanted that my entire life instead of the

[email protected]

woohoo start of a new digital life

Did you know it actually doesn't

You must be 18+ to post on this site.

Gmail works fine.

>using the botnet for your spam and bank records

it there any benefit to using these "private" email providers?

how is it different from using enigmail to encrypt my emails?

Hey, Gmail may not be private but I'm pretty sure it's more secure than basically anything else available.

Use hotmail. It's less aggressive botnet.

>I can hide from Google and Zuckerberg
kys

It gets the job done
I'd like it more if there was a way to send plain text messages, and to use it with a mail client

fuck off shill, I'm not enabling my phone's proximity sensors and all this other shit just to send a fucking email

Yes, but don't make the same mistake I made for .com and take .ch domain instead.

switched almost a year ago and never looked back

If google themselves can read your emails, it's not secure.

Proton is good but don't expect google-level functionality. And it takes forever to upload/download attachments.

>but it's a pain in the ass trading keys securely

Be honest, you only trade keys between your laptop and desktop to send encrypted mails to yourself to feel like a hacker.

Finally switched as soon as they implemented two-factor through OTP. Shit's good.

It's free and secure. No unsolicited mail and 2-stage authentication by default. Don't want the account anymore? Deletion is simple.

What might be a drawback is that you have a storage limit for emails with freemium - what I want to reiterate is that this might or might not pose a problem.

Also, there is an app for it on Android.

>2-stage authentication by default

not anymore

>trusting anything that gets shilled this hard

Also, if it's really super secure then it'll be used by terrorists and criminals and pose an even bigger target for state and private attacks.

I don't know about that. They are pretty intertwined with European and other criminal networks. That's how they "get shit done"

>2017
>still using attachments

Hotmail doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't for years. You're thinking of Outlook.

same shit

>2017
>exchanging files using a cloud botnet

I've heard a lot of people say posteo.de
You could also setup your own VPS and host it yourself. I say VPS because doing it on a home connection can run into trouble with ISPs as they'll either just block SMTP all together or they'll call you up if they believe you're running a mail server. Anyways, if you choose to host your own, be very careful and vigilant as any wrong move can fuck you over, leading you onto every spamlist on the face of the Earth, or you could get pwned.

I run mine at home on an old laptop and run Mail-in-a-Box on it and tunnel the connection to a VPS overseas to get around my cunty ISP.

>implying that I would use a botnet
Spideroak

>Is it good?
It was until everyone started shilling it with daily threads. Host your own or use Tutanota.

>Tutanota

But m-muh German botnet.

> protonmail
> in-browser encryption
> keys are shared through https

nice try, FBI

why?

this

Because it can be seized as US' property.
Swiss domains are more secure as of now.

I tried signing up recently, they asked to do an sms verify.

Anyone know of a truly private email service that doesnt require you to identify yourself to sign up? Ideally that I can connect to exclusively through TOR.

Paid ones are OK as long as it can be done by bitcoin and arent too expensive.

Sigaint

Darn. Can't use own domain unlike Tutanota and ProtonMail

your shit will end up in a gmail address for jewgle to read when you send stuff to other normies so it makes no difference

If it matters to you, know that Richard Stallman does not endorse any e-mail service. While some are certainly more secure than others, Protonmail isn't as secure as it touts itself to be. The idea that they are safe from international law is actually a huge exaggeration.

Do they say that? I guess I just got the vibe that they are saying they aren't subject to US law.

I though sigaint was down, people are speculating its gone

how easy/worthwhile is it to set up my own email server?

With GMAIL, all theories of it being insecure are tossed out the window when it is common knowledge that Google scans all e-mails for keywords so that it can personalize advertisements for you. Adblock, ublock, etc; does not prevent gmail from collecting your data.

I still have a hotmail address and it works fine.

AND NO: YOU CANNOT E-MAIL ME.

Easier to hide. Not hard.

Mailinabox.email

is an all in one stack that's pretty nice.

What?
Did you try and sign up for a paid account?
I signed up for the free one and had to do no such thing.

>they asked to do an sms verify

I just signed up, and they didn't. The only thing that mentioned SMS was an option to do that instead of performing a Captcha check