Why do people put so much effort into making their rigs look pretty? Like, who else is gonna see it?

Why do people put so much effort into making their rigs look pretty? Like, who else is gonna see it?

Honest question, not trolling or judging, am just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just want it to look organized

Well, two things.

In terms of LEDs and coloring - yeah it's mostly just hotrodding. I work for a consistent color scheme but don't like give up a good motherboard for one with the right colors.

In terms of wire organization - it helps airflow to keep the components cool. It helps with looks but has a functional purpose. To a lesser extent cable combs help with this too.

autism my dude

how do we make this section pretty?

>In terms of wire organization - it helps airflow to keep the components cool. It helps with looks but has a functional purpose. To a lesser extent cable combs help with this too.
That's been debunked.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE

Why do people put so much effort into making their houses look pretty? Like, who else is gonna see it?

Well, you nailed it.

That heatsink is ugly as sin though.

False equivalence.

You live in the house obviously so of course you want to keep things tidy and neat.

Why would you NOT rice it up?

>Better airflow
>looks nice
>easier to clean
>So it doesn't look like a $20 dumpster shitbox
>Easier to sel
>can shitpost in the /guts/ thread

C'mon user,step up and throw that cobweb-ridden dell optiplex out the windows and be proud of your /technology/

Personally, I have no interest in what the inside of my computer looks like. I care only that it performs robustly, efficiently, and quietly. That means I take care to make the cables hidden and removed from the airflow equation. Thus, I use a Fractal Design R5 Blackout case. No window. Superb for cable management.

However, friends of mine have made a hobby out of building their computers. Not only are they obsessed with making sure their computers perform robustly, efficiently, and quietly, but they also enjoy building a matching design, color, and lighting scheme that extends from their computer case to their monitor to their desk chairs to the ceiling and walls in the room. Whatever. Some people save money. Some people spend it. Some people like spending it on vacations, going out to dinner, jewelry, and so on. Some people spend it on their hobby. My hobby is fishing and boating. I spend enormous time and money working on my boat and rods. My friends spend theirs on their computer hobby. Such is life. Who am I to judge?

I spend most of my time near my computer, so I want it to look neat and tidy.

Hmm, TIL. Although that makes me wonder what use fans are then.

Thanks user!

Wrong. If you work 6-8 Hours a day outside of your home and get an average of 8-10 hours of sleep is there a reason to ever keep your home tidy? You may live in that home for like 15 hours but you spend the rest of the 10 hours there sleeping with the next 8 hours working do you truly live at home?

Cases nowadays make cable management so easy you'd be a retard not to tidy them up.

just buy a mac kiddo

>mac
>calling others kiddo
Classic ishit shitpost

>who else is gonna see it
everybody on the guts thread when i post it :X

It makes changing/adding parts easier. I remember the days of trying to install one component in a rats nest because cases had fuck-all for cable management. Fucking awful.

Also makes dusting easier since you don't have it accumulating on every inch of cable.

>Like, who else is gonna see it?
Women and faggots care about what other women and faggot think about their looks.

Most men just care that stuff looks good on their own opinion. And since there are no women on this board, get the fk out faggot

if u put a nos sticker on ur computer it gives you 10 more gigs of ram

over compensation

where can I download this nos sticker?