Raspberry Pi 3 Thread

Has anyone written any music on a raspberry pi 3? Obviously it's not capable of full fledged audio production; however, I'm interested if anyone has gotten it set up with some minimalist synths, trackers, sequencers, etc.. I'd like to use it for practice and rudimentary music production to flesh some harmonic/melodic ideas out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFmC7hd1hno&t=136s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump for interest

why wouldnt you just do that on whatever you're posting from? the only thing i can possibly see it being useful for is interfacing with modular stuff via the GPIO pins, and no "minimalist tracker/sequencer" is going to support that

You're definitely not wrong. I can do this on this machine however I'm interested in the portability of a raspberry pi (I also realize laptops can accomplish this) and for generally putting my raspberry pi 3 to good use. Putting it to use this way also relates to my passion.

oh so youre an EDM Producer like everyone else between the age of 15 and 25 lmao

you wasted your money on the raspi laddo

Saw some 12 year old on YouTube make a song with 4 arduinos.
So anything you do will be pathetic

can you explain what the similarities between a raspberry pi and an arduino are?

hey whats a cool way to add flare to the usual torrent box projects? I have a project due tomorrow and have to do something easy but I want it to be somewhat original?

Also.. what is the best torrent box code that i could utilize??? Especially for rPi3??

has anyone made an android box yet?

*thinking seriously to myself* wow this could be a game changer. an android single board computer. how has no one thought of this before

>not using floppy drives
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFmC7hd1hno&t=136s

I'm not, actually. I'm a gigging guitarist. I just want to play around with a toy, essentially. Some problem with that?

evaluated midi
fluidsynth - full midi works fine

more

its shooped annon but nice digits

Thanks

we put a phat dac and a usb recording w/e it's called on my friend's guitar so he can have portable recording & playing & it handles it real time, if that counts

I am making a portable terminal.

78 C
dat ass

OP here. In case anyone is wondering, I've stumbled upon trackers. Trackers and a sample library (as long as the tracker supports samples) are a good starting point I think.

As I've mentioned before in the thread, I've never really messed around with synthesis as I'm predominantly a guitarist. Anyway, looks cool.

well at least its still better than Hermione's

(。‿‿。)