I have a coding interview with one of the top 5 tomorrow. what should i expect?

i have a coding interview with one of the top 5 tomorrow. what should i expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9695102
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remind me, who are the top 5 of the coding interviews?

Expect someone to call you a faggot.

google, apple, microsoft, amazon, facebook i guess

Phone or in-person interview?

Expect not to get the job because you're a retarded faggot.

over the phone

reminder to report all these threads.

you gave attention to one fuckwit, now they think this is the interview advice board

go fuck yourself, op

>google, apple, microsoft, amazon, facebook
>top 5

wtf? How can they seriously be the top 5 in this world?

Fucking low standards.

You will not get the job and the interviewer will be a jsw women

If you have trouble with the phone interview you're fucked. Phone interview is literally first level screening after their filters cut out 90% of the resumes.

Have any one of you had experience with this? Ive had basic code interviews where you just manipulate an array or some shit, but I have no idea what kind of curve ball question they might throw at me.

Any help would be appreciated I guess.

They may ask you how to install gentoo.

hope you get someone who speaks english with a minimal accent. lost 20 minutes in my last interview before I figured out this indian dude meant alphabetical order when kept saying "smaller".
Another time this chinese guy wanted me to do something with "bitwise" operators, but I couldn't fucking understand him whenever he said bitwise.

look at the value of their stock, they have higher revenues than most countries

Aaaand which country were you in? Which company?

Which company? I hear Google is pretty harsh, they turned down the guy who created brew, a fucking application pretty much used by all of Jewgle's development team.

I interviewed at Google about 4 years ago, during senior year of college. I had to write psuedocode to permute an array efficiently in-place, do an online algorithms question related to pagerank, answer "what pattern would you walk to efficiently find your car parked somewhere on a street that's infinite in both directions and is so foggy you can only see the car if you walk right past it), implement Conway's game of Life in a language of my choice, and I think a few other things I don't remember.

source??

Try googling it

google it.

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9695102

No wonder Google can't create a decent product for shit. They hire people who memorize problems on leetcode and other shit sites, and don't consider actual devs, who have proven themselves, if they can't solve an impractical challenge.
I doubt Bill Gates would have let Dave Cutler go if he couldn't solve a ridiculously stupid problem.

write a recursive function that prints out the fibinacci sequence up to n, use the formula f(n) = f(n-1) + f(n-2)

implement a doubly linked list

write a function that takes n functions as arguments and returns the output of piping the results of each function as input to the next. Ex. pipe(func1, func2, func3) will return the results of
func3(func2(func1()))

those were the three questions I had during my last interview, wasn't too bad

brew sucks though

With one of the big 4/5? That's easy as fuck though. My interview for an internship at Google was much harder.

They were looking for an iOS developer, not someone who maintains brew. As much as I love brew, I sure as fuck wouldn't hire someone with a special snowflake attitude like that.

fizzbuzz and an hiv test

>They hire people who memorize problems on leetcode and other shit sites
I've heard this too from a couple of people who went through the hiring process. Knowing how to optimize existing algorithms seems like one of the only requirements to getting in. One example was knowing how to set up a quicksort that will have a very low run time given a particular arrangement.

>get call from Accenture
>politely drop it

Accenture, never ever

I know a lot of people who can't develop programs for shit, but are really good at doing challenges at hackerrank. Because of so they can easily ace interview questions, but I would never consider them good developers.

It's customary to send your interviewer a thank you card. If they're black then you bring your wife in on the follow up to show her great appreciation.

So?

You had to do it all out of your head, on site?

Yeah, and I ended up getting the job too. You're given time and a whiteboard, and the proctor will occasionally give hints. They care about your thought process, not just your answer, or so I'm told (I haven't signed up to be an interviewer).

I studied as hard as I've ever studied in my life in the month before the interview (doing dynamic programming problems every day, making sure I knew and could prove asymptotic runtime for a variety of algorithms, etc) and ended up doing very well.

>Wanting to even work at any of the top 5
wew

I applied for Amazon to be a low level software engineer and they asked questions far more difficult than that.