Hey Canadabros

Hey Canadabros,

I'm Swedish and looking at moving to Canada. It seems like a nice country, similar both to the Nordic countries and the US culturally. Also a decent climate.

So, I have a question for the locals. How many years do you have to stand in line to get a good apartment in Toronto? I would prefer something not more than an hour away from the city center if that is possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/b-apartments-condos/gta-greater-toronto-area/c37l1700272?ad=offering
youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How many years do you have to stand in line to get a good apartment

What? The only thing that matters is how much money you have.

why go to toronto when you can gentrify hamilton?

What are you looking for? Also apartments don't take that long to get here, its first come, first serve.

Yeah if you have a lot of money maybe and you buy it, but what about renting? How many years in queue for a good rental?

>How many years in queue for a good rental?

What the fuck are you talking about?

>fast
>good
>cheap
pick two
Nice apartments are put up to rent very frequently and are snapped up just as frequently. Check out padmapper.com.

I mean I do not have the money to buy, so I have to rent. I just wonder *when* I will be able to actually move there, if I start queuing today for a rental apartment.

you're retarded. we dont want you here.

You don't need money, just ask to the Canadian Embassy in Sweden. They are ready to give you a house for free. Canada is empty and needs population. The scam is that you will have to take a house in the middle of nothing, if you wanna live in big cities you have to pay too much, better live under the border in North USA

you can't really queue for an appartment here, at least not that I know of.

I always forget that i'm in France right now when I post

Well I can't really live in the middle of nowhere. I have a degree in gender science which is best leveraged in a large metropolitan area. I will probably work as a diversity consultant for one of your major companies, which means an office in a large city. And I don't speak French, so it's Toronto for me.

Move to Brampton

If you can't afford to buy in Toronto just buy in a different city.

I have no idea about how it is too get a place directly in Toronto but you can find affordable places all around the GTA (greater Toronto area). It's not a hard commute or anything.

>I have a degree in gender science

Have you applied for a visa yet?

Is this bait? If not don't come here.

Kom inte tillbaka.

>Have you applied for a visa yet?

No but I applied for some jobs. And they said they will be in touch. So now I am just waiting for their replies and I will need to decide which one to pick.

After I get a job I don't think I need to apply for a visa anyway, I just need to find an apartment. That is why I asked, but everyone is just trying to troll me instead of providing helpful answers.

I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

Akbar

You don't queue up for an apartment. I don't know how it works in Sweden but here apartments are put up for rent, and it's first come first served.

IF you get a job, I assume your company would help you find a place to live.

I get the sense this is someone trolling under a swedish flag, but I'm not quite convinced.

>I will probably work as a diversity consultant

bait

>I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

Fuck off troll. You couldn't get into this country with such a basket weaving course and career path anyways.

kijiji.ca/b-apartments-condos/gta-greater-toronto-area/c37l1700272?ad=offering

Here you go m80.

You don't know how bad it is in Sweden. It is turning into a fascist country now, more for every day. There is a neo-fascist party in parliament. Even the parties in favor of equality on the left now closed the borders and want to deport those who actually need protection. Meanwhile Canada is going in the right direction with Trudeau now. Things are really looking much better on your side of the Atlantic.

up yours pal

I don't understand, they list the prices and the apartments, but how do they decide who gets them?

whoever calls first

But then what if the other guy has been in the queue for longer? Does the first guy have to give away the apartment then?

Why don't you move to Mexico or North Africa? I hear it's very diverse.

There is no queue, it's a free market.

Uh ok? But then how do you make sure the rich people don't drive the normal people out of the city by making the prices too high?

You don't.

I don't understand, I thought Canada was like the Nordics. And cared about fairness. Instead you have full segregation based on income? This is what those radical right-wing darwinism market ideas lead to. I can see now why you need help.

>What the fuck are you talking about?

Things like this makes you realize just how bad our politicians fucked this country up. Here you can wait in a queue for almost 2 decades for a decent apartment in a major city. Lots of parents put their kids in a queue when they're born.

low quality bait get back in your cuck shed sven

I thought that shit only existed in the Netherlands.

The gender science killed the reliability for good

youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E

This guy explains why you're the problem. Especially admitting you want to move to Toronto and want to diversify the place.

>europeans have to wait for an apartment

LMAO the only time that happened here is with the oil boom, now landlords are offering free shit and lowering rent to prevent people from leaving

The waiting lists are only for so called 'social housing', apartments and terraced houses for poor people.

Anyone with a normal income just buys house.

This right here. Ignorant Canadian

Don't listen to this guy.

The government provides housing to all citizens based on need, you just have to sign up with the housing bureau and they'll enter you into the queue. It used to be possible to get a free house in 6 months, but since the collapse of the Canadian petrol industry the wait times have quadrupled. The recent wave of refugees from Alberta flooding many Canadian city has really put a strain on public services. The government does provide temporary accommodation to newcomers, but once your first 14 days are up you'll have to find someplace to stay. Since you'll almost certainly end up waiting more than a year for an apartment, you'll have to turn to the private sector where the property barons have taken to exploiting migrants.

Just a tip: you'll be put ahead in queue if you're disabled, a single mother or first-nations. It will still take longer than a year, but you can easily halve the wait time if you one of these apply to you.

Hamilton needs more non-hipster white people. fuck this gentrification shit
You don't need to "wait in line". You'd have to find a place with roommates though because prices in Toronto are insane

Best of luck, Swedebro

Kul!

okay you had me but you gave it away with