Anyone else a weed-smoking degenerate programmer...

Anyone else a weed-smoking degenerate programmer? I picked up the habit in college when I found it helped me crank out assignments like a machine.

I pretty much toke up every day in the bathroom at work. I can't stop getting promoted because I'm too productive. Pretty sure my co-workers and manager know but they don't care because I push more code than anyone. Maybe they do it too, I'm too scared to ask. I'm in California so it's not really a big deal unless you're doing it at work.

Nothing gives me the intense focus that I get when coding while high. Taking a hit is like getting into the "zone" on demand. Your mind filters out all disturbances and external stimuli other than what's on your monitor. Hours of programming and thousands of lines pass by in an instant. It makes it really enjoyable too while you're listening to music. It's like playing a piano. I'm never stressed at work and I feel like I'm cheating life by being paid tonnes to get high at work. Who /high/ here?

i didnt read your post

Does it matter if you're smoking a sativa or indica strain?

Is this like the Ballmer Peak?

Sativa. Indica makes me sleepy and not that good for work. My favorite normie strain is Sour Diesel.

Yes. I tried coding while drunk but as a depressant, it just slows me down. THC on the other hand shifts your mind into a different dimension.

I'd love to smoke weed but you can't really get specific strains in Australia unless you have strong connections or grow your own from imported seeds :(

Why the fuck do people smoke it when edibles exist? Fucking morons

It isn't the same effect or potency. It's like a completely different drug.

Also if you don't live in the few places where you can buy edibles legally they take way more commitment to make than a joint.

Didn't read, go back to Sup Forums.

I'm a learning programmer. Practiced Lua and made a couple of game mods that made a few thousand downloads, learning C# now

weed keeps me focused and pushes the boredom away well

Weed does solve the problems of getting bored or distracted while programming. I don't smoke at work but i do smoke at home and i generally get more done at home then i do in the office so it works for me.

Yeah, I picked up the habit when I was homeless and learning to code on a $150 laptop I picked up using money I saved up from what the government was giving me.

>Anyone else a weed-smoking degenerate programmer?
Thank God, no!
At best I just drink coffee.
>captcha: zona herbal

What said.
Indica is not good for productivity in general

Do you drink coffee every day? If so, how much do you spend per year on coffee? Just curious, because I do not drink coffee but am a daily consumer of hash oil.

Someone Else, but i Drink coffe only at Work (a lot). Helps me focusing and is free

Am I the only one who has to drink 3 cans of redbull and 3 cups of coffee just to survive a work day?

I'd say that's about the level I'm at. Makes me feel groggy as heck during the evenings though.

>spending $6+/day ($2,190+/year) on caffeine
user, you could have bought something nice after less than 6 months of saving that (ie. home theater projector, VR headset, medium tier computer, 2 years worth of hash oil, etc...). Just swallow some caffeine pills man

It has gotten to the point where i can't write anything longer than half a page without 'aving a sneaky spliff. I feel ashamed and degenerate, but i can't stop because of the same reasons as OP.

>Don't dew the dew kids.

>dies of a heart attack at the age of 34