What's a bleeding edge / up to date minimalist linux distribution like arch, gentoo, slackware, debian or ubuntu server...

What's a bleeding edge / up to date minimalist linux distribution like arch, gentoo, slackware, debian or ubuntu server? already tried those and I'm trying to find out if there's something even better
Please don't recommend BSD's, I want to use my computer

Solus.

I see Solus replaced Gentoo as the Sup Forums meme

I unironically installed Solus.

It's OK.

Fedora

solus sucks, Gentoo the best.

Manjaro

Fedora 25

Have You tried Lubuntu?
It's never let me down.

I'm using it right now
I just want something like arch with the font rendering & application support like debian

Fedora

I agree.

alpine

I would reccomend Manjaro or Antergos

Anything with lxde. Anything with just a minimal X server and a lightweight windows manager, like openbox.
Also Damn Small Linux and TinyCore Linux.

alpine.

Nice sameposting. Here's your (You)'s

>Antergos's con is arch instability
>the Arch linux itself is okay though

Because you make Arch yourself, Antergos isn't made by you. Also, Pacman is a pretty decent package manager, it's just the packages that break all the time. Also you didn't list what I said, I said the install process is what kills it. Didn't know I had to list Arch instability on two Arch distros (Arch being one of them).

Why do you constantly shill a router distribution?

NO KEVIN
GET OUT

Here's a comprehensive chart showing how operating systems and distros compare to each other.

sounds good, any less known distros with a feel similar to arch?

Pfsense

openbsd has wireless issues on my laptop
next

>No argument whatsoever against openSUSE

Figures.

Are you fucking new or something?

The answer is, and always has been:
>I N S T A L L _ G E N T O O

I'll try to be less subtle next time

just develop a sense of humor and you'll be good
true

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>arch
>minimalist
who made up this meme?

What's the cat supposed to be
Sorry, I'm a linux luddite

those who were smart enough to install it

>smart
lmao, ok kid, be proud for running 5 commands

> Win 10 > Debian

Explain this

>Just stop!
What about openSUSE? Tumbleweed and the Open Build System is cash. YaST is an admin dream and the installer is great. Btrfs and XFS support by default and I've never needed to touch the settings.

>arch
>minimal
what? arch is even more bloated than ubuntu OP

Shit still feels testing af

Why is she so cute my dick has never been harder

FreeBSD is better than anything GNU if you want a minimal server system.

>I want to use my computer
get a load of this nerd

Source Mage GNU/Linux

Bleeding edge and minimalism is a fucking meme

wtf i hate ubuntu now!

Sabayon is nice. It's like a Gentoo based Manjaro

>Kevin
I'm not surprised

Just install CRUX already.

Just use fucking Arch...

bloat

This.

I use this, breaks atleast once a week.

void
arch without systemd

>Ubuntu
>bloat
nice meme

OpenBSD or FreeBSD, since you said you want to use your computer, and frankly, GNU makes it hard to do that by shipping a really disgusting userland.

When you get older, you will understand why people don't care about uber bleeding edge. Arch is edgy enough.

Nobody cares how hipster you are. Fuck off.

Void Linux.

Stupid Kevin don't comment Gentoo because he is too stupid to install it. Stupid Kevin

>10 days 10 hours uptime
Kevin wtf

>Debian
>Debian testing
>enjoy your outdated packages
opinion discarded.

thanks

>Debian Testing
>still old as shit
>no dedicated security team
Nah, I'll pass.

I'm adding this to my Kevin compilation

Fact.
T.former manjaro shill

I would use OpenSUSE if the installs didn't completely bloated with un-needed software, if you could just install a minimal gnome or KDE I'd love it because zypper is objectively the best package manager and the devs are fantastic

>ad hominems
Nice point, my dude! You totally made a valid argument!

NixOS

Opensuse thumbleweed

>Void: Litteraly a meme. It doesn't even use systemd.
Is Sup Forums a pro systemd board now?

Fedora

>mfw Kevin is still a meme here
Probably one of my greatest accomplishments desu

I really want to use Void but the installation intimidates me, I'm fairly new to Linux

Void Linux has an installer and it is straightforward to use. I think the live cds with desktop environments will preinstall those aswell so you don't actually have to install anything manually to get a system to just run with a graphical setup.

I've used Arch for over a year and never had a single thing break. This shit is a lie.

Solus.

>bleeding edge
>rolling release
>stable

What's the package format for eopkg? Is Sol going to use the same format?

It's run by a 2 man team and has no packages.

What packages so you need that it doesn't have?
It's got plenty of packages in the software center.

>2 man team
Are you suggesting that's a bad thing? There's a reason Ubuntu and Fedora are such bloated and unstable pieces of shit in comparison to Solus.

Fedora is one of the most stable distributions, have you not used it?