You can no longer use Windows Update on Windows 7 or 8/8.1 if you have a Ryzen or Kaby Lake CPU

You can no longer use Windows Update on Windows 7 or 8/8.1 if you have a Ryzen or Kaby Lake CPU.

>Symptoms
>When you try to scan or download updates through Windows Update, you receive the following error message: Unsupported Hardware
>Your PC uses a processor that isn’t supported on this version of Windows and you won’t receive updates.

>Resolution
>We recommend that you upgrade Windows 8.1-based and Window 7-based computers to Windows 10 if those computers have a processor that is from any of the following generations:
>Intel seventh (7th)-generation "Intel Core" processor or a later generation
>AMD seventh (7th)-generation (“Bristol Ridge") processor or a later generation

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/discusses-an-issue-in-which-you-receive-a-your-pc-uses-a-processor-tha

Luddites BTFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

windowsreport.com/windows-7-8-1-updates-blocked-amd-ryzen-kaby-lake/
overclock.net/t/1587577/windows-7-updates-list-descriptions-telemetry
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
wsusoffline.net/
majorgeeks.com/files/details/wsus_offline_update.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>BTFO

Those who don't want to upgrade to 10 don't hold Windows Update in very high regard either.

The amount of threats that can actually harm you on 7 if you are properly behind NAT, like everyone is, is almost nil.

Is this real? This is literally Applel tier bullshit not letting you run an OS on hardware that can handle it

I think it's fine as long as they're not aggressively making it impossible to install their old software. All they're doing is saying it's no longer supported.

THANK YOU BASED MICROSOFT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Anyone tried to wsusoffline that shit yet?

>Is this real?

Literally real.

windowsreport.com/windows-7-8-1-updates-blocked-amd-ryzen-kaby-lake/

Not releasing chipset drivers and such for them was understandable, but actively blocking updates, even security updates, to try and railroad people into upgrading to Windows 10 is a whole new level of kikery.

If that doesn't work you can download fully updated ISO's or near enough anyways (Win7). Most of the updates aren't even necessary anyways.

Posting link from an earlier thread. Updated ISO with most updates installed already.

overclock.net/t/1587577/windows-7-updates-list-descriptions-telemetry

WSUS offline or simplix pack
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
wsusoffline.net/

Are you for real?
I don't give a shit either way, but you seem like a really sad human.

Did you not understand this effects intel too?

Microsoft's displeasure with the adoption of W10 is practically palpable.

Good job I use GNU/Linux

everyone would benefit though if they stop wasting resources on other windows supports
vista is just now died, took them long enough, nobody used it at all but they patched something

what a qt :3

why windows 10 doesn't even support 8086 processors? why aren't pentiums supported by windows 2.1?

It works fine

That girl looks like a friend of mine. Like 95%.
That's not her, because he's a dude. Still weird as fuck. Who is that?

And I care why? I borked my Windows install on a brand net 2-in-1 netbook just to use Linux.

I would like to see a CPU interest group from different industries group together to condemn this disgusting behaviour. Intel, AMD, IBM and ARM.

>can no longer use Windows Update
Translation:
You can no longer get fucked in the ass by unwanted windows updates that begin without your permission right when you sit down to jack off and the end of an exhausting day.

This is not a bad thing.

>no drivers for a decade old OS
>b-but muh updates!

>unwanted windows updates that begin without your permission

But that isn't a problem on 7 or 8 anyway.

don't bother replying to shitposting memers whose balls haven't dropped yet. these kids are retarded.

And this is why we don't trust Microsoft, kids.

Never used windows update, ever. On all of my xp, 7 and 10. Why do you need it?

>muh improvements

yeah yeah

I'd be all for the forward march, as the deadweight impedes progress, if it weren't for Windows 10 being a colossal mess at the moment.

I expect it will take a couple years before they have the kinks acceptably ironed out. Windows XP was likewise pretty awful for a while. And likewise 7, if you count Vista as the preamble.

Thanks for mining my Bitcoins for me, buddy.

point is they're actively sabotaging not using their shitty botnet OS.

I wouldn't use Windows if there were viable alternatives. Sadly, Linux sucks for games and there are still programs that have no decent alternatives (e.g. Adobe suite).

One day I will do GPU pass-through but Ryzen's IOMMU groups need updating, plus I'd need a new GPU for it. One day...

>You can no longer use Windows Update
whats the downside?

What is bad about being bitcoin mined as long as performance remains the same as a legal version?

majorgeeks.com/files/details/wsus_offline_update.html

this still work?

>You can no longer use Windows Update on Windows 7
I never did anyways. Never had any problems playing games or "working" on it. All programs I use bring their libs with them and shit like .netfw4 works fine too.

I purposely shut off Windows Update. Good for nothing botnet. I refuse to touch anything Nandella has touched.

>Microdick and Winblows 10 got BTFO so hard they have to gimp Win7

>doesn't know that microsoft hasn't been worse than apple for ever

haha it's funny cos is truu.

people wont even install it when it's free