I'm thinking of saving money to move from this shit state, to the San Francisco Bay Area...

I'm thinking of saving money to move from this shit state, to the San Francisco Bay Area, What will it take to get an Entry Level IT job there? I've been working Chat and Phone IT support for managed Apps like Quickbooks and Turbotax and have A+ and Network+.

Is there any company that hires IT people like on the spot?

Ultimate goal is working for google or someshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

apartmentguide.com/apartments/California/Silicon-Valley-University/1-beds-1z141xt/
quora.com/What-is-the-average-rent-for-a-studio-flat-in-Silicon-Valley
payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/California-San-Jose
quora.com/What-is-the-minimum-salary-needed-to-live-a-decent-life-in-Silicon-Valley
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't fucking do it. it's literally terrible. do your best to get to Seattle

do you have a degree

don't move without a job offer, the living expenses will murder you

In the valley A+ means nothing, quickbooks means nothing, you have the skills of a secretary

apply for jobs in San Francisco and don't move there till you have one locked down, what other accomplishments/skills do you have?

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none. Give me a task , documentation and time and I can setup anything and resolve most issues(given enough time).

Seattle is San Francisco lite with shit weather.

how old are you

do you have a degree?

>Give me a task , documentation and time and I can setup anything and resolve most issues(given enough time).

this is true of anyone, don't say this on an interview "I'm not good at anything specific but i can read the manual" no, they are looking for people with years of experience who won't have to break out the manual every 10 mins

what are you thinking of? desktop support?

>Phone IT support for managed Apps like Quickbooks and Turbotax and have A+ and Network+.
>Is there any company that hires IT people like on the spot?

lol no

maybe a call center for less than living wages

Go on job boards in the area you are looking at and see how many are asking for A+ quickbooks and turbotax experience

are you good at microsoft word too?

>Ultimate goal is working for google or someshit.
>Ultimate goal is working
wow, what a moron

I'm 26,
I have experience with Active Directory, Desktop Imaging(WDS, WAIK)

vSphere, Hyper-v, XenServer

Cisco IOS, TCP/IP networking, Firewalls/VPNs

Webhosting technologies, IIS/APACHE, CMS and WHM's.

I can literally do anything. Desktop support would be ok with me, I know i'm not Sysadmin material yet, but i'm working on it.

I could get my CCNA and RHCSA easily I feel at this point.

>I have experience with Active Directory
kill yourself

>I have experience with Active Directory, Desktop Imaging(WDS, WAIK)
>vSphere, Hyper-v, XenServer
>Cisco IOS, TCP/IP networking, Firewalls/VPNs
>Webhosting technologies, IIS/APACHE, CMS and WHM's.

you probably should have listed that in your first post

Go to job boards in the area and start applying, if you get some serious bites and can land a job then that is the measure, that area is very intensely competitive though

I assume you have no degree

if desktop support is OK with you, you may land a job like that but you are going to have to live with 4 other guys in a small apartment and you still wont be able to make ends meet

>I have experience with Active Directory, Desktop Imaging

no degree and active directory exp with that neato A+ cert should land you a nice $30,000 per year job in cali

I feel like most people that say they can get their CCNA "easily" really have giant holes in their knowledge and aren't nearly as good as they think they are at networking.

This is coming from a CCIE with decades of experience BTW...

Spend the time to actually get the certs when you're starting out. It's easier to get your foot in the door and at least shows you can follow through on something (which millenials frequently lack the ability to do)

>Jack of all trades

Self employ then. Be the help desk for residential or microbusinesses who need someone to translate human into digerati

wtf samefag pls go

I currently take home about $2.2k home a month after taxes. I currently rent a room in a house in Las Vegas for $500. I'm probably getting the wrong impression of the "sillicon valley"

>$30,000 per year
Wow really? I make that much being a Level 1 Monkey at an MSP , I also should have mentioned I have an A.S in CIS. It's not much but its something.

>I currently take home about $2.2k home a month after taxes. I currently rent a room in a house in Las Vegas for $500. I'm probably getting the wrong impression of the "sillicon valley"

2k is almost enough to rent a one bedroom in the valley

apartmentguide.com/apartments/California/Silicon-Valley-University/1-beds-1z141xt/

>Wow really? I make that much being a Level 1 Monkey at an MSP , I also should have mentioned I have an A.S in CIS. It's not much but its something.

what makes you think you are going to get a non monkey job with no non monkey experience or 4 year degree?

But you get to live the cyberpunk life with the constantly gray and rain.

quora.com/What-is-the-average-rent-for-a-studio-flat-in-Silicon-Valley

Lol you're only paying $500 for rent prepared to be homeless if you move to cali

I'm looking for a Monkey Job equivalent to my own, that would pay slightly more because it is the Bay Area. I'm not looking for a job that is more than I deserve.

For example pic related, If i'm gonna pay $925 for a Private room, I would say any Monkey job that pays $35k-$40k would make up for it.

everything is more expensive, the food at the grocery store, gas, the gym, everything

you would nearly starve there on 40k, good luck though and make sure you have landed a job before you try to move out there

I'm in a similar position to OP, similar qualifications (nothing concrete, worthless associate's), except I'm a programmer. My portfolio is half-decent so far and I'm tidying it up more every day. Problem: I have no relevant work experience (just Burger King and similar).

Should I just slog it out and try to do some of those race-to-the-bottom Pajeet-tier freelance sites for a while to rack up some relevant experience?

I'm willing to take literally any shit-tier coding job as long as it's coding. I'll take $10/hour.

I'm not saying I have everything figured out yet, my current lifestyle I just eat Chipotle and Subway and Costco shit everyday. Fast food can't be that much more expensive???

A chipotle Burrito or foot long at subway is about $7.50 tops here.

Perhaps I cannot grasp just how much more expensive it is to live there?

>Should I just slog it out and try to do some of those race-to-the-bottom Pajeet-tier freelance sites for a while to rack up some relevant experience?

what else can you do?

you are going to be competing against people with experience and degrees for the non pajeet jobs

The only way you can afford living there is homeless on the dole or making at least 150k and sharing a flat. The former being a lot less stress.

Just sell all your shit and love near a library until you're hired. It'll go a lot faster if you get castrated, learn Spanish, and ditch your ID. Bonus speed if you're willing to fuck fat gay men. Extra bonus points if you're willing to fuck fat HIV+ gay men. Triple bonus if you do all of the above and get those men drugs.

Good luck.

>Perhaps I cannot grasp just how much more expensive it is to live there?

use this and tell us what it tells you:

payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/California-San-Jose

parking costs money, resturants are more expenisve, every timeyou turn around someone wants $20 for something you have never had to pay for before, it's ridiculous
quora.com/What-is-the-minimum-salary-needed-to-live-a-decent-life-in-Silicon-Valley

fuck cali

This OP.

Plenty of great tech hubs without going to SF, although SF will be one of the easiest places to raise venture capital money but it doesn't seem like you are concerned about that. NYC, DC, Seattle are all top tier tech cities, and then you have plenty of places like Denver, SLC, Durham/Raleigh, Philly that are still great with more affordable cost of living.

Cali is crowded as fuck but without the benefits of urban living like NYC because of zoning laws.

>look it up
>has a penis
damn it

Does it? I honestly though it was a girl.

Where do you live OP? I can give you a city that's much closer that you can find a job in and still be closer to home than CA.

San fran is full of bums, fags, and aids. You'll fit right in on. You can be a gay bum who will write html for food

Funny. I live near the bay area and I'm trying to save up money to move out of this shit state.