Do intelligent blue collars exist or are they all dumb, uneducated and ignorant ?

Do intelligent blue collars exist or are they all dumb, uneducated and ignorant ?

They do exist, but most people with smarts seek out white collar jobs. Kind of a problem, as if all plumbers all functional retards, there's prone to be problems.

I'd consider my dad pretty smart, he's an electrician

They don't exist.

Craftsmen and various technicians can be pretty smart if they picked the occupation out of genuine interest in the matter. Although there's lots of people who just ended up working at a garage because it's the only place that was hiring and they never really learn how to fix things properly since they're just too fucking stupid and lazy.

so would you say you're genuinely interested in plumbing?

#stereotypeshurt

You forget that in America going to university costs 60,000$ unlike yurop where it's free
There are plenty of smart blue collar workers they're mostly people who were born into poor families or otherwise got fucked over by the system
Especially blue collar people really like the Greco-Roman Classics and read stuff like the Odyssey. They also like history and religion and it's very common to find a factory worker or construction worker who will tell you he's read every religious text (bible, quran, bagavad ghita, annalects, dao de jing) because a lot of them like history.

>Do intelligent blue collars exist or are they all dumb, uneducated and ignorant ?

They exist, just like zebra colored unicorns exist.

Yeah right. Reminds me of that Russian who insisted that lower class Russian people still go to the theater on a regular basis and read the great works of their country's literature out of their own volition.

I'm serious. Not all of them are like that, but some are. There's plenty of worthless drunks who listen to country music and watch ancient aliums though.

But there are smart blue collar workers.

blue collar people are better people than "smart educated ones".

My step father is a construction foreman but is a maths wizard, he often solves the countdown conundrum well before the real contestants do.

Lots of university educated people here work in the trades because that's where the money is, or they couldn't find a job in their field

Like 75% of Canadians have some form of higher education so it's pretty much worthless

I think it's a double edged sword in this country.

Blue collar people know a lot of shit, but they're usually alcoholics. Their heads are like corrupted hard drives.

Have you seen the garbage coming out of modern universities? These people have no right to claim superiority.

The problem is educated people tend to have a narrow band of what they consider to be intelligent.

In my experience the more successful blue collar workers tend to be smarter which isnt the same in the white collar world where your success is governed by more external factors.

only if they are having solitary work. If they group up, they cumulate all their bullshittery, and go down on the slippery slope, of who can be more peasant.
>t. mechanic

100 years ago, not really.

But now? Shit, I would put the average blue collar far above the total trash that comes out of our universities now.

a lot of middle aged and older in my field of work are intellegent and would probably have studied at a university if they had a middle class background, whereas most young people here don't want to learn a trade and study instead. a lot of younger working class people seem to take some pride in not reading etc., which i interpret as class hate

bump

I work in distribution analytics and travel to warehouses in our network all the time. The other day I heard a warehouse worker who puts things in boxes for a living compare his supervisor running around like an idiot to the soldiers Caligula made "attack" the ocean. It definitely took me back but educated warhouse workers do exist.

Probably 1/10 of our warehouse people even have a college degree, but it's in something worthless like psychology so they are blue collar.