Give me ONE reason we shouldn't be an independent country

Give me ONE reason we shouldn't be an independent country.

na bandera na lengua na historia
che ne da fidelta forsa e gloria

>venice
>white
kek

SALVE INVICTA JUDITHA FORMOSA

we are 99% white, only a couple dozen of moroccans exist in venice.

hurr durr republic hurr durr
hurr durr we wuz murchants n shieet hurr durr
hurr durr prussia hurr durr

>more microstates
disgusting

that's the flag of Veneto, not Venice, stupid Amerifat

is there popular support for it in Veneto?

call me stupid again and see what happens, kid.

because city states are not a thin anymore

in Veneto yes, the majority voted in favor of secession in an unofficial poll 2 years ago, and it's going up the more europe is crumbling

Veneto is not the same thing as Venice

what about Italian constitution/law? Is it like in Spain/France where any form of separatism is strictly forbidden, or is there some leeway?

That was faked though, in the following plebiscites most people voted no. Whether you like it or not, only uneducated and old people, and autists on Sup Forums want secession.

it is forbidden unfortunately, but shitalians are shit at cultural genocide so we won't die down. The only good news is that Serbia forbids that shit too but look at kosovo, if tensions arise globally we could get some support from buffer states

but could veneto stand on its own economically if independence happens?. Would it be better than being part of italy?. What would be the benefits of independence?
I dont know much about it but im interested

There has not been only 1 poll pasta nigger. We voted in favour of independence in October 2014 on a different poll by 53% where all of Veneto voted in favor of seperatism.

We also got 50,000 people to sign a petition and sent it to the EU for an official referendum

one of the main reasons of independence is, along with nationalism and different national indentification with italians is that venetians don't want to waste their money for the rest of italy, especially the south.

Along with tourism, the mainland is also the 2nd most industrialized region in Italy, which we have the 3rd highest GDP behind Lombardy and Lazio.

>We voted in favour of independence in October 2014 on a different poll by 53% where all of Veneto voted in favor of seperatism.
Source? And no, Internet polls do not count

Yeah, and the rest of Italy wasted money in industrializing Veneto before the war. Veneto used to be a poor shithole when Italy was unified, and only benefited from the union.

>Veneto used to be a poor shithole when Italy was unified, and only benefited from the union.

that's because of Napoleon, even in our decline after the 16th century we used to be one of the richest states. Garibaldi didn't thank either

How did not internet polls matter? They may not count, but most of Veneto takes part in them and it shows that the majority care about such an issue, more than Sardinia and/or Siciliy. Just check wikipedia

>even in our decline after the 16th century we used to be one of the richest states
I'm talking about the 19th century, when Italy was unified. They (not you, you're Greek) were poor as fuck and they're the Italian region with the largest number of emigrants around the 20th century.

>How did not internet polls matter?
They don't matter because they can be faked like the first one. Also you didn't give me the source of that.

>but most of Veneto takes part in them and it shows that the majority care about such an issue
Yes, that's why the separatist movements tried to issue an actual referendum two years ago but they failed because of lack of funds. If they really cared they would have paid.

>more than Sardinia and/or Siciliy
Yeah, that's why they're both autonomous regions while Veneto is not.

>that pic

terroni fucking shits

Your flag is kick-ass, I support this.

Also give back Tirol to the austrians.

What are Monaco, San Mariono, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg?

Or Andorra?
or Singapur?

Rich as fuck, all of them.

it's not up to us lads, tell the it*lians

but yet sardinia and sicily have lower interest in independence than us

I am not even talking about the plebiscite "referendum", I am talking about online polls that had like 53% in favor of independence or more autonomy. I will provide the sources once I refind them