Post legitimately good reasons why you're not on Facebook if you have nothing's to hide

Post legitimately good reasons why you're not on Facebook if you have nothing's to hide

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBXfZyTOVXk
stallman.org/facebook.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't support kike companies

I like twitter more

I hate people but I like gatherings.

Why would I freely sell my infos?

If I was at least being paid I could reconsider it.

Waste of time.

Facebook is boring bullcrap. You have to be dead inside to be there more than 20 seconds

This
Facebook just to make quick accounts

Got my account banned, never bothered to make a new one. Legit enough?

No friends :(

What is RMS doing posing with the board of Microsoft?

2legit2quit

It's not something I need.

This actually makes me sense electrical impulses through my synapses, if you get banned do they keep your account or do they delete it? If they keep it can you still go through the process of deleting it?

Keep in mind that closing an account=/=deleting it

>if you have nothing's to hide
What if I have nothing to share?

Fuck twitter too. I tried making an account yesterday for tech reasons. Fuckers locked my account in 5 minutes before I ever posted a thing and wanted my phone number to unlock it. I hadn't done anything yet.

Fuck them, can't wait for the platform to die.

Nothing to show.

I have everything to hide.

>my failure of a life
>my ugly face
>my un-dateable personality

They keep it even if you delete it, they just remove the url and archive it

No friends

and all my old friends from college... well I don't want them to find out I am a fat 30yo alcoholic

This. It's either people trying to sell shit or perpetually offended people.

I just don't care about either.

why don't you just type your phone number though ? It's used for security reasons not to spy on you (pretending someone wants to actually spy on some nerds)

if you tell them you were 12 when you made the account they will actually delete it

>bloat, bloat everywhere
i understand this is due to the staggering amount of features facebook offers, but their mobile apps have no business being 100+ MB in size and running data collection services constantly

>actual social isn't happening on facebook anymore

was it ever though, I don't feel like facebook ever was a place where things happen in a moment

only good thing going on they have is the messenger app

Is this true? Can you point me towards evidence of this? I've deleted a couple of accounts over the years. I had assumed they would delete them like they said they would?

this

>please insert your government issued photo id into disk drive

who the fuck do they think they are

I do have things to hide. That's why I wear clothes even when it's hot, have curtains on my windows, don't leave my front door ajar when I'm gone, have a password on my e-mail account, a lockable mailbox, and no facebook.

Remember: Even if your account has no personal info and you never post, you can still be tracked via your friends list.

kek

>isDeleted=true;
Literally all that happens to your data

Post legitimately good reasons why you're shitposting on an anonymous Chinese crackers forum if you have nothing to hide

I don't like see memes on everything

Srsly tho

Where's your full name and ID?

See

Because Twitter doesn't get my phone number. Just like email providers don't get it.

Because it's not used for those purposes. It's used to cross analyze and find out who content is coming from. If you give them a phone number, they also know who tweets, they also know who owns that email address, they also know every account tied to that email.

They're not doing this shit to help you out. Just like EVERY email provider requires your phone number today. They're required to obtain that information now.

Twitter is smart though because they let you create your account before locking it so it helps their numbers regardless of whether or not you ever unlock it.

Someone wants to spy on everyone. Their job is to spy on everyone.

I am anti social.
Besides that though, why the fuck do people like posting their whole lives for the world to see?
It doesn't make sense to me desu.

all this bullshit like names, profiles just gets in a way
the worst thing that world has done to free speech is it instilled a fear for your reputation or possible consequences
the worst thing is that you're self-censoring your speech as a result

Isn't anyone afraid of identity theft these days?

>world

The plan is to trap all normies online, so that we autismos can reclaim the real world for us again. Sure, we have to give up our past safe space, but there are benefits.

Soon we can roam the streets naked screaming REEEE while bathing annualy, without normies noticing anything because of being glued to their cellphones.

Half empty, half full my nig/g/ra

>naked screaming REEEE while bathing annualy
jesus fuck, this is why we can't have free speech because someone doesn't know how to use it meaningfully

Too many exes and they're jealous now i have a bunch of money.

Most of the people I know, shitpost on facebook about politics.
Also, fuck facebook for selling my information without compensating me.

>can't re properly

found the memer

youtube.com/watch?v=KBXfZyTOVXk

I actually kinda forgot, did people over at facebook actually talked about their daily life years ago, before trying their hand at making memes?

legitimately good reason? because i don't fucking want to. i don't give a shit if i don't have anything to hide, doesn't mean that's a good reason to fucking use facebook

this tbqhwy famalamalam

...Possibly? I just remember it being filled with shitty flash games like Farmtown.

>everyone uses a private companies product
>you must use it too

I only got onto it recently because i fucked off far far away from family. Nice to know most people not only have their full name they also publicise their actual birthday. Its like they want crooks to have credit cards and fraud taken out in their name.

I have nothing to show..

You guys aren't missing anything except shitty image macros, pictures of people's stupid fucking kids, and being data mined.

I don't want to sell all my private information to the jews just to use their shitty virtual narcissism simulator

I have a Facebook account with mostly fake information and 0 pictures of myself, used mostly to keep with touch with my IRC/MSN/forum buddies from back in the day. Not too bad honestly. It's fun watching normies I have added on there as well. They're so fucking stupid it's a surprise they're able to form sentences and work.

Political Censorship

Facebook has frequently removed postings about protests (both planned and ongoing), political satire, and various political issues. Specific examples are given below.

Facebook deleted the news item announcing a major protest against Monsanto.

Facebook blocked a page announcing a protest in Russia obeying orders from the Russian government.

The order says the protest is illegal. In a tyrannical state, protests are generally illegal.

Facebook has yielded to Turkey's religious censorship, just as previously it yielded to China's political censorship.
Facebook has developed software to allow various countries to directly control censorship of what useds in that country can see.

Jim Wright forcefully condemned the pressure put on Americans to endorse all the bellicose or dangerous "responses" to the September 11 attacks. Facebook censored it, apparently for political reasons.

This shows the danger of depending on facebook.

Facebook deleted without explanation the page of a publisher in the UK that had posted articles about publications that criticize Erdoğan.

The article shows that Facebook has censored on behalf of Erdoğan before.
Facebook has a history of blocking the posting of links about certain controversial political issues.

Facebook blocked the account of activist Shaun King after he posted a racist email that was sent to him.

Algorithmic filtering can affect history, not just hide history. Facebook's filtering algorithm suppressed news about the riot by uniformed thugs in Ferguson until after it became national news.

Facebook censorship guidelines have been leaked. They include political censorship catering to various countries that do not respect freedom of speech.

i don't have many friends, the ones i speak to regularly i can just text. i have no interest in 'catching up' with people i knew 15 years ago from school, i dont really see the point in that, we lost touch for a reason.

Journalism

Facebook banned a video made by the Swedish Cancer Society about breast cancer because it showed cartoon figures with circles as breasts.

It got Facebook to accept the video by putting in squares for the breasts.

The real problem here is not that Facebook draws the line at the wrong place (though it does). It is that Facebook has so much influence that organizations such cancer charities feel obliged to publish through Facebook.

Facebook censored an ACLU post about censorship.

Facebook deletes postings for obscure reasons, and even denies deleting them. It is not safe as a platform for journalism.

By the way, I cannot understand why people make a fuss about just how they find out that someone they loved is dead. Compared to the fact of that person's death, such details seem insignificant.

If Facebook achieves its goal of becoming the main publication site for journalism, it will be a new chokepoint for censorship.

Facebook wants to present itself as a virtual town square … a censored one.

Facebook deleted a statement by a human rights group, then said that was a mistake.

That Facebook invited the group to post the statement again — instead of undoing the deletion — demonstrates arrogance.

However, the problem here goes deeper. It is not good for human rights groups' (or anyone's) statements to be posted using a platform where statements are censored.

Personal

Facebook arbitrarily censors and closes the accounts of prisoners.

Facebook did an experiment in biasing the filtering of useds'* news feeds (which are always filtered by Facebook in other ways) towards the emotionally positive or the emotionally negative. This experiment was widely condemned as "unethical" based on details, but this criticism was naive in that it disregarded the fundamentally unethical nature of Facebook.

Facebook deleted a photo of two men kissing, which was used to support a kiss-in in a pub that had shown bias against gays.

The person who posted it thinks that Facebook is not anti-gay, but rather than it is quick to censor whatever someone complains about.

While it might seem that the former would be worse, I think the latter makes Facebook really dangerous. Don't use Facebook as a substitute for your own web site!

Facebook censored a photo of two men kissing, posted as a protest against India's criminalization of homosexuality.

Personal Data

Reportedly it is possible to actually delete a Facebook account.

I would not suggest trusting Facebook to delete all the data it has about you, but you may as well try.

Facebook buys personal data from various data brokers, and correlates that with what it figures out directly about its useds.

Facebook advises useds that they can tell the data brokers to stop collecting data about them, but it doesn't ensure that this really works. After all, no one will punish Facebook for false claims of that sort.

Facebook snoops on surfers via disqus comments: when a page uses disqus for comments, the proprietary disqus software loads a Facebook software package into the browser of every anonymous visitor to the page, and makes the page's URL available to Facebook.

Facebook provided personal data to Mastercard.

The data was provided in anonymized form, but Mastercard could reidentify the data by correlating it with other data.

Facebook's "conversation topics" experiment actively shows certain selected useds everything that their "friends" are doing.

A detailed, long list of the data Facebook collects about each used, for targeting ads. Facebook may collect other information which is not used for targeting ads.

Look at the way the article ends by considering it incredible that someone might not submit to this. Maybe Facebook has Peter Eckersley, but it doesn't have me. Don't be a used of Facebook!

Facebook bought WhatsApp and committed not to combine that data with Facebook's other data. Now it is going to do just that.

For Facebook, any commitment is meant to be broken, after a delay for people to forget about it.

The Facebook app obtained useds' whole contact lists, either directly grabbing them or by tricking useds into agreeing without knowing it.

You have to expect a nonfree program to be malicious.

Post legitimately good reason why you are on Facebook

I'm not really interested in talking to most people around me. My friends have Discord and Skype, and I have easy access to my family for in-person conversation.

just post the whole thing: stallman.org/facebook.html

there was an attempted robbery on my friend's apartment (99.8% white, virtually crimeless neighborhood)
the robbery failed because my friend was at home, though

but it was a targeted robbery, the robber thought that nobody would be home because one of his wife's out-of-state relatives left a message on her facebook page
>can't wait to see you friday and show you around the new house

you don't have to be the idiot party on facebook to be affected by people trying to take advantage of the idiot parties on facebook

facebook is a loss of privacy
it's unneeded

>* We call them 'useds' rather than 'users' because Facebook is using them, not vice versa.
10/10 stallman

I will post the reasons on why I am on Facebook:
>College stuff is on facebook
>Bitches from college are on facebook

>Sell
You mean give.

>and all my old friends from college... well I don't want them to find out I am a fat 30yo alcoholic

Well, I DO have things to hide.

Did you delete all your posts or did they get deleted?

It's boring. I only go on there to keep in touch for social events.