Noobuntu aka Babbies first Ganoo/Loonux

Noobuntu aka Babbies first Ganoo/Loonux.

Install it you fucking retards. It's date +%Y. Microsoft went full botnet, the NSA full spying, the CIA full cracking. It's time to reclaim your computer and to switch to GNU/Linux.

>How to install Noobuntu?
Follow a friendly, graphical install wizard.

>I don't know how to terminal!
You don't need to touch the terminal ever (but you will try and learn to love it)

>But muh games.
Check out the thousands of games steam supports.

There is no excuse not to switch, but quadrillions reasons for getting rid of the pile of shit Windows and macOS is.

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaourt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It keeps popping up error messages, that's why I prefer Solus.

>You don't need to touch the terminal ever
lol
>Check out the thousands of games steam supports
Duck Game is not supported
>but quadrillions reasons for getting rid of the pile of shit [...] macOS is.
you didn't give even one
also *are

>Check out the thousands of games steam supports.

At subpar performance as some of us who actually tried have been telling you since ever . Also a game being available on Steam for GNU/Linux doesn't mean that it will install smoothly; most of them require you to troubleshoot stuff for it to merely boot, and some others have no sound or glitches and you have to fix stuff too. Out of my 50ish Steam games only like 7 installed and ran properly; this is a separate issue from the performance thing. No matter how you look at it, all the software that people care about is on Windows; GNU/Linux only has unoptimized ports or poor imitations.

>decide to ty Ubuntu again
>install Wine
>try to install dotnet45
>dotnet45 conflicts with dotnet35, which is already installed
>spend 2 hours reading forum posts
>give up

maybe next year

Manjaro is much better for Sup Forums friends that are new to linux. Super stable since it's a month behind Arch and yaourt is in the repo so absolutely any software available for linux you can easily get. Easier than Ubuntu and even windows.

Anything you could want to install is as easy as sudo pacman -S package-name or yaourt package-name . Scratch that you don't even have to touch a terminal if you don't want because it also comes with pamac (gui pacman) which you can search for programs and it also takes care of updates.

I'm already using it as my main OS.

Lackluster to say the least. Modern games for the most part don't have Linux support and older PC games which are a pain to run on modern windows machines are even harder to get running on Linux.

Nothing against Linux, but as far as gaming is concerned it's always going to be the inferior choice.

You could always pair with playonlinux and use multiple prefixes, user.

because macOS is better?

Steam is botnet.

What's the best way to get a somewhat Windows-style desktop on Ubuntu? (By which I mean, icons for common apps on the desktop, and some kind of taskbar with a start menu on the bottom)

getting xubuntu or lubuntu instead?

yer lying

PCLinuxOS

but it doesn't work on my laptop

Anything Xfce or KDE

Muh overwatch

Install Linux Mint. It's basically ubuntu with different desktop environment.

Why not Fedora?

Fedora + Xfce best desu

enjoying having no printer support whatsoever, contrarians.

Printer support is part of the kernel, you baka

Not really. Many other distros do better Xfce implementations. Fedora and GNOME is pretty swell though.

the drivers you need to actually make the printer print aren't though

So you install them. Next!

lmao, alright faggot, print something. go ahead. i'll wait.

net install debian(if you're a cuck) or fedora.

you install a server OS on a desktop but then bitch when its bloated and filled with spyware. keep it minimal people.

>install half-life source
>missing sounds
>check the file
>m-16.wav
>REEEEEEEEEEE
>install half-life 2
>play for 20 seconds
>crashes
>install left 4 dead
>4 fps

I have been for years.Read up on CUPS.It can be a pain in the ass, but it isn't that difficult.

or I can just use ubuntu and have printer support out of the box. hmm...

That was actually what I did, I just simplified things for the greentext.

I still have Ubuntu on a partition so I'll probably give it another shot eventually. There's really just one game that I need to have for Linux to be a viable OS for me.

Having to buy Apple hardware, for one. That alone is enough to put me off from MacOS.

>But muh games.
It doesn't. Suck a fat nigger cock you fucking faggot.

Sweet, does it finally have working WiFi drivers for Broadcom chips now?

Back to daycare board .

Solus is worse than Ubuntu though. It's full of security holes.

>Babbies first
Baby's first

Which is worse than unity.

Ubugu is not only botnet but it's buggier than a bug disguised as software.

Unironically install gentoo, it's the only distro I know of that currently just works. 10 years ago I would have said the opposite: that gentoo isn't even worth it at all, but things have changed. All the major distros are now unusable when they used to be the most usable. It's disgusting.

The Steam installer doesn't even fucking work, they stopped giving a shit about it.

Hi kevin

Yup. took a very long time but broadcom chips work quite well nowadays. Only problem is you have to manually get the firmware except on ubuntu (due to driver-jockey)

Is there something like Ubuntu that isn't named after literal communist niggers?

I agree on many of your points but what about the privacy issue on Windows.

debian

So in a trade-off between privacy and gaming-support, you chose gaming support?

>It's time to reclaim your computer

What did he mean by this

Explain to me why people can't install virtualbox, do PCI passthrough and play vidya and whatever like that? Am I missing something? Is it because it is hard to do?

That's not a reason, a reason would be WHY apple hardware is a reason to switch OS.

You didn't give one

It's not hard, it's annoying; specially the keyboard/mouse and monitor crap. It also requires a $1000 CPU.

macOS [Hipster Name Here] is usually just ganoo linoox with propietary software support. No ricing but that's a fair tradeoff I guess. It's UNIX based and has apple spying on you 24/7

this
he's really not though. There's a GUI for everything and pacman is easy after a few days of using it over apt

>privacy issue

Don't know why Sup Forums circlejerks this so much, if you didn't notice any impact from the CIA spying on you for the last 10 years I doubt your privacy really feels that good. I'll happily go without if the alternative is having to install java runtime to watch a fucking youtube video.

I already run Manjaro on my ChromeBook through a persistent USB install and also on my secondary SSD which has Manjaro installed on my ChinkPad.

apt and apt-get are dog urine and horridly outdated repositories and yaourt is indefinitely simply much easier and much better any day.

So why the fuck would I use ubantoo? I don't give a dog's shit if oobongoo has huge coverage for support and answers for problems/issues/bugs and all that, Manjaro and Arch are both on the same level of coverage for support anyway since Manjaro is based off Arch and and they both have solutions and fixes to just about anything and everything they've bumped into

And why does Mr. Average care about any of that?

You need to make an argument about why everyone should switch from MacOS

If all I do is watch youtube and go to facebook, why do I need Noobuntu?

I have. It's still not enough to warrant a full switch. I'd still only be able to play half of my games at best

kys

I'm using Mint18 which is basically the same thing.

Steam gaming was definitely not trouble free but once I worked out the issue, it's been good.

I had to pass Steam a flag describing a locale to get it to work. Took ages to solve that.

Once I did though, I have to say, Borderlands 2 runs perfectly with excellent FPS. I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Shadow over Mordor ran well once I worked out some texture glitch with a command line flag.

I wouldn't describe it as babby-compatible but it's good once you solve the fucking painful problems.

Then again, I've sometimes had to do this for Windows Steam games too.

Games are for kiddies, grow up and learn a programming language.

Get Lubuntu, install Cinnamon and something like Mint-XP (for ultimate comfy) and bam you got something that looks like Windows XP from the desktop. Once you open the start menu, though, the lies become clear.

>there aren't any

>Games are for kiddies

wew lad these linux fanboys sure do like to move the goalposts don't they?

>he thinks linux is safe from the NSA/CIA
dumb fuck nigger cattle

Not even exaggerating. Pamac is stupid impressive. By default it keeps the 3 most versions of packages in a cache so you can easily revert and you can tell it to ignore updating that specific package. It can update normal packages as well as AUR packages. It can Manage repos / Look through repos. Search repos as well as the AUR, Keeps track of foreign and orphaned packages. View packages in repos according to group. So much cool shit.

You don't I was making an argument about macOS being good but the problem is that you can't easily install it on non-apple hardware.

>check out the thousads of games steam supports
Most of them are trash and almost all games I own only run on the botnet.
No reason not to keep a Win7 partition before all DX11 and older games run fine on wine.

Also
>using steam

>Get Lubuntu, install Cinnamon
Why do you think the DE of the base install has anything to do with the target DE? Why not just start with Cinnamon?

Actually windows has a larger percentage of trash games from what I've seen. Almost all games I have support Linux. It's kinda difficult to find a good windows exclusive game these days. At least one which doesn't run in wine.

Not really. It's bleeding edge and has full disk encryption.

This
If you're using a certain distro for DE then you really need to do some learning

But I desperately need a solid Digital Audio Workstation

>update kernel
>fails to boot to desktop

I hate to be that guy but your digits are beautiful

>fuck up
>blame program
Sup Forums in a nutshell

>boot the previous kernel from GRUB
>computer works again

baka senpai, desu

>yaourt
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaourt

witnessed

I hate Windows so much, you cant imagine.
The only thing keeping me from switching to Loonux is that there is no proper smartphone remote application to control the damn thing.

Show me one application that
- allows me to turn on the pc
- lets me use android keyboard and screen as touchpad for mouse
- lets me browse my files on the pc and play music or start a video
- allows me to pinch-zoom websites in firefox
- integrates in media players such as vlc or winamp
- shows me the current playback queue
- has makro keys that I can assign myself for say shuffle on/off or so
- allows me to turn off my pc

The only application that does all this is gbm gRemote on Windows. (It's ad-free freeware)
>tfw android (based on linux) can remote control windows better that loonux

Since you know that Linux is a kernel:
>tfw android (based on linux) can remote control windows better that loonux
Why are you calling the GNU/Linux system Linux (or Loonux)?

I hate Windows so much, you cant imagine.
The only thing keeping me from switching to Schnuu/Loonux (or properly Glue plus Lemur) is that there is no proper smartphone remote application to control the damn thing.

Show me one application that
- allows me to turn on the pc
- lets me use android keyboard and screen as touchpad for mouse
- lets me browse my files on the pc and play music or start a video
- allows me to pinch-zoom websites in firefox
- integrates in media players such as vlc or winamp
- shows me the current playback queue
- has makro keys that I can assign myself for say shuffle on/off or so
- allows me to turn off my pc

The only application that does all this is gbm gRemote on Windows. (It's ad-free freeware)
>tfw android (based on linux which is based on GNU) can remote control windows better that loonux (Flu plus GLuebox)

>Implying Linux is safe from NSA/CIA
See Vault9

Do you have any basic understanding of FOSS?

Because LXDE is what comes with Lubuntu and is shit IMO so a different DE should be installed

>a hobyist distro
>literary

>Super stable since it's a month behind Arch
O_O

ok senpai

kde neon

then just net_install and aptget cinnamen

FUCK OFF KEVIN!

Yes. That's what Im saying to do. I was also pointing out that Lubuntu has less bloat than standard Ubuntu, in the same post. Apologies if that confused someone.

this

When I left the botnet I started with Ubuntu.
After some distro hopping I'm on Ubuntu again.

It's comfy, out-of-the-box (kinda) and just werks.
Oh, and it's FREE.

Everyone should use it, instead of Windows or Mac.

>What did he mean by this

He meant that if you use a GNU/Linux OS, then the only thing you have to pay is electricity, internet and the pc itself.

Your software will be free and safe to use.
Your pc won't spy on you and won't do any shady background processes without your knowledge.

Do you have any basic understandinc of NSA/CIA?

>Security holes
>Muh cat pics

If anybody had actual sensitive or incriminating information, they would know not to use these things for those reasons. Irrelevant to the grandpas and their pics of their precious grandkids, and us fat virgins with nothing but torrents and vidya games.